New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2015, 08:45 AM
Find More Posts by Hawk600
United States, NH, Nashua
Joined Mar 2011
417 Posts
Thanks Jiggz, 125% makes sense but reading Quique Somenzini's post on the Visionaire thread I got in doubt because as far as could understand AR635 Sport mode is optimized for 100% (only) travel due to the fact that non computer radios like DX4 and DX5 won't go 125%: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...e#post23892106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quique Somenzini View Post
......Few comments on VisionAire/AR635. I see a little bit of confusion.
The 635 on the VisionAire it is default to 3D computer TX. So if you have a 6i, 7s, DX8, 10T, DX18, DX18QQ or JR like 9503, 12 X etc you only need to bind and you are ready to go.
If you are flying a 4e or 5e you will have to set the RX to non computer TX 3D group. It is explained on the VisionAire manual. Then bind and ready to go.
The reason we have the two groups for computer and non computer TX is because these TX has different max servo travel. So to take maximum advantage of control surface throw we create these two groups. Non computer servo travel of 100% and computer servo travel 125% . The RX it is tuned around these max rates. So it is very important to keep the servo travel at those values.
This RX is capable of a third mode that we call sport. This mode group all radios ,gear and flaps. Ideal for all non 3D airplane.
The 635 can cover all the basic needs of a sport flyer and support from sport planes, war planes, 3D planes.
Tips
Computer TX set servo travel to 125%
All trim and sub-trims to zero (this is a must)
D/R and Expo values set as manual
Very well balance prop only!
Stay inside ¾ top airspeed when you fly in 3D mode (channel 5 pos 1).
When you do 3D aerobatic (slow flight) fly with Channel 5 position 1. Do not try to 3D with channel 5 switch on position 0 (general flight)
When you fly general flight (fast flying) fly switch position 0. Do not try fast/precision flying with channel 5 switch on position 1 (3D flight)
To start leave D/R switches at high rates. Experiment and then use them.
Thanks.
Quique Somenzini
So per Quique's quoted in bold red comment I assuming they have optimized the AR635 AS3X to work with 125% travel while you using 3D and Precision modes but on Sport mode the AS3X works best only if the travels are set to 100% not 125%.
Since 100% travel on FrSky Taranis equals 125% on Spektrum radios (I use 80% travel on Taranis to mimic 100% Spektrum).
I will experiment to see if the AS3X optimized to non computer radios works ok, I hope it will be the same but we will see.
Even if discontinued, I really like the RX635, the PZ Sukhoi flies so stable with like on rails and the radio programming is pretty easy once you do it couple times.
Hawk600 is offline Find More Posts by Hawk600
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2015, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by Ffog
Norway, Rogaland, Stavanger
Joined Jul 2015
21 Posts
Can anyone here help me with something.

Is there a way to use the programing lead that came with the AR636 asx reciver, in the UM asx reciver in my Adagio 280 and the UMX Radian??
Ffog is offline Find More Posts by Ffog
Old Jul 25, 2015, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
30,184 Posts
I'm not sure which rx is in the Adagio, but the UMX Radian uses a different cable and software.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/usb-inte...ammer-spma3060

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2015, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by Ffog
Norway, Rogaland, Stavanger
Joined Jul 2015
21 Posts
The adagio has the AR6335, 6c nanolite rx.
The same as the AR636 they say, it just got the smaler connectors like the UMX Radian.
Ffog is offline Find More Posts by Ffog