New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2015, 06:17 AM
Find More Posts by Kevc
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
161 Posts
Windex = Winner!!

So the sheeting begins. Used some windex today and I think it worked well. Still in clamps at the moment.

Just the word Windex makes me laugh from story's. One of my good mates his grandfather use to say when my mate cut himself or burn himself or anything put windex on it it fixes everything haha. now when I need to bend timber gues what...... Windex it!

Will aim to get some photos up of progress. The aim is fuz fully sheeted and fibreglassed by Xmas. Yes I know it's a long way away but this bird is complicated. Still need to work out the bomb bay doors and a few other things. So it's my goal. The aim is to have everything completed by late October early November 2016. Long way away I know but it's my aim. My club P&DARCS in Melbourne is running a scratch build day in November 2016 so want it completely finished for this day. For everyone is Australia get scratch building and come to the event it's going to be fantastic. Minimum two day event. Field will be open for flying all week but formal even will be Satursay and Sunday. There are going to be great models there. If anyone wants any more info please let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Went out flying yesterday and late in the day my dad test flew his ziroli B-25. Wow what a flight. It flew amazing I was so happy and he im sure was way way way over the moon. So much work goes into scratch building a plane as every scratch builder knows, and dads B-25 is no exception. It has everything, lights, Functioning gun turrent on top, and all the standard stuff the whole model looks fantastic. anyway the flight went perfectly and it has really put a rocket under me to finish this bird. One of the guys there shot a video and took some photos so if I can get my hands on them I'll try to post them as well.

Well hope you all are scratch building because it's the best! Nothing in this sport beats the feeling of spending thousands of hours building a plane with your hands and then watching it take to the sky and then safely back down again. If you have never scratch build a plane you really should give it a go. You definately won't be sorry!

Happy landings

Kev
Kevc is offline Find More Posts by Kevc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2015, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by JurassicJet
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2011
623 Posts
[QUOTE=Kevc;32497007

Went out flying yesterday and late in the day my dad test flew his ziroli B-25. Wow what a flight. It flew amazing I was so happy and he im sure was way way way over the moon.

Well hope you all are scratch building because it's the best! Nothing in this sport beats the feeling of spending thousands of hours building a plane with your hands and then watching it take to the sky and then safely back down again. If you have never scratch build a plane you really should give it a go. You definately won't be sorry!

Kev[/QUOTE]

That is awesome about your Dad's B-25. I just attended the Fon du Lac, WI warbirds over the Midwest and there were a number of Ziroli B-25's there. Nice looking birds. I felt bad though because I was talking to a guy that had about 25 flights on his and I asked him how it flies, to which he responded "Great!, as long as I don't lose an engine." Me: "Have you ever lost an engine with it?" Him: "No, never have." His first takeoff down there he loses the left engine and she goes in. No salvage to it at all. I felt really bad for him. I think he hated me afterwards!

I am working on a Beaufighter and a Ziroli P-40. I actually like building more than flying. Being down in my shop putzing away with stuff and watching it come together is a rewarding endeavor!
JurassicJet is offline Find More Posts by JurassicJet
Old Aug 23, 2015, 08:38 PM
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
31,969 Posts
Well... one thing about doing more building than flying....you don't tend to have as many crashes in the shop as at the field....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Aug 23, 2015, 08:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
623 Posts
Very True!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 09:05 PM
Find More Posts by Kevc
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
161 Posts
One thing I said to myself is whenever i do a twin its electric. At least it helps reduce the chance of an engine stopping. Also love the props spinning in different directions. Makes taking off straight heaps easier. One less thing to worry about.

Beaufighter hey.... what size is that beauty? I finished a ziroli size P-40 a little while ago Looks to good to fly and hence it still hasn't Will have to get airborne one of these days though.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 09:34 PM
Joined Jul 2011
623 Posts
91" span on the Beau. Been working on the dang thing forever, but it is my first scratch build ever. It is not going to be a show stopper, I just want it to look reasonably good and fly good. Then my confidence will go up and want to start building more. It is a John Ranson plan from Traplett.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 05:07 AM
Find More Posts by Kevc
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
161 Posts
Great size should fly well. Most plans from traplett do fly well so I have heard. I'm sure it will look great both on the ground and in the air.