New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Tcw0313, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by Tcw0313
Joined Nov 2013
0 Posts
Help!
Life changed .

Ok I've got a question for anyone here really. I've been having a few issues for a while and I am not sure how to deal with them. I move around a lot so developing good friends to speak to are very difficult to come by, especially with out being judged.

So maybe someone here can offer a tidbit of words or well anything to help with the situation.

Background: I am active duty navy for the last ten years. Last year I suffered nearly two dozen episodes of TIA. Which are mini strokes. I've been on ships nearly my whole career and loved the life. I am being medically separated soon and everything I know in life has changed or needs to change. I have a loving but very tired wife and three young kids. But dealing with all the change has caused a lot of stress.
I've done it all from living a high stress life, downhill mountain biking, sky diving, hiking dangerous trails, adventure races, camping for weeks on end with nothing but a can to cook with a hoodie for clothes. I've lived the adrenaline fueled life.

Now that is totally out of the picture. I am forbidden from raising my blood pressure and heart rate over 160. I wear a heart rate monitor around the clock to make sure of it. And the medical slopes is continuing to go done. I am in decent health otherwise. And will be just fine if I live the boring life lol.

It's been a year and it's more stressful to relax than anything. My wife has suggested golf or wood working, spending time with our youngins, but my heart is just begging to get out and go crazy, even though it could mean death,

As of now I fly my planes, hit some golf balls, I'm going back to school next semester. I'm really trying. But my family takes the brunt of my aggression and frustration and it needs to stop. I'm not saying I beat my kids! Or my wife!! Not at all lol. But general disdain towards life. Arguments and such.

This all has to stop and a change needs to be made. I've met with people but they just don't get it.
Any one have any words? Constructive or brutal to the point. I have thick skin and sometimes brutal is best.
I'm willing to try anything.
Tcw0313 is offline Find More Posts by Tcw0313
Old Apr 17, 2015, 01:27 PM
Find More Posts by cmdl
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
10,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcw0313 View Post
It's been a year and it's more stressful to relax than anything.
Sit in a chair and focus on your breath. Specifically, the rush in and out of air through your nostrils. Do this for as long as you like - 5 min, 15 min, half hour. You can do this anywhere but sitting helps a little.

If you can't do that, then beer.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Apr 20, 2015, 09:25 PM
Find More Posts by aeronca52
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,419 Posts
Get to know your kids. They might be more rewarding to be around than your navy buddies.

And learn to accept life gracefully as it comes to you. Medically, I had to give up full scale flying. It took a long time to adjust, and I still regret not doing it, but why make yourself go through all that angst when it's really unnecessary.
Join Scouts with your kids, show them what you learned while camping.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Apr 24, 2015, 02:37 AM
Find More Posts by joker208
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2013
283 Posts
It sounds like your not happy with your marriage. Maybe you should try marriage counseling.
joker208 is online now Find More Posts by joker208
Old May 03, 2015, 11:06 PM
Find More Posts by moonraker007
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2014
125 Posts
sounds like your malnurished. try drinking 16 oz glass of carrot juice 3 times a day, the potassium will allow your heart cells to regain control over the nerve impulses in the heart and will stop seizures.. . this will also drop your blood pressure back to normal within 5 minutes after consuming a glass of it. also experiment with a 16 oz glass of raw celery juice, its very high in pottasium, ours bodies cells are designed for pottasium salts to bridge the connections in the muscles and nerves. good luck!
moonraker007 is offline Find More Posts by moonraker007
Old May 07, 2015, 10:17 AM
Find More Posts by nvedia
United States, NJ, Edison
Joined Sep 2007
6 Posts
Don't be possessive about the life you used to had and try to accept things
It should all fall in place then
nvedia is offline Find More Posts by nvedia
Old May 08, 2015, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Space power
United States, IA, Hampton
Joined May 2012
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonraker007 View Post
sounds like your malnurished. try drinking 16 oz glass of carrot juice 3 times a day, the potassium will allow your heart cells to regain control over the nerve impulses in the heart and will stop seizures.. . this will also drop your blood pressure back to normal within 5 minutes after consuming a glass of it. also experiment with a 16 oz glass of raw celery juice, its very high in pottasium, ours bodies cells are designed for pottasium salts to bridge the connections in the muscles and nerves. good luck!
TIA's not seizures, completely different. Follow the doctors advice medically and seek addiction help. Adrenaline is a drug and you can become addicted to it like any other drug. Addiction counseling can be very helpful.
cfircav8r is offline Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Old May 12, 2015, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by moonraker007
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2014
125 Posts
Stay away from doctors man, they'll get you hook on serious drugs that regulate your moon, eventually it will backfire. your symptoms sounds like a malnourished body, see a nutritionalist if you want a better opinion
moonraker007 is offline Find More Posts by moonraker007
Old May 14, 2015, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Space power
United States, IA, Hampton
Joined May 2012
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonraker007 View Post
Stay away from doctors man, they'll get you hook on serious drugs that regulate your moon, eventually it will backfire. your symptoms sounds like a malnourished body, see a nutritionalist if you want a better opinion
You seem to be misunderstanding what a TIA is. The only drugs they would give you for TIA's is blood thinners and blood pressure meds. Diet is important in as much as low fat, low cholesterol, and high fiber foods should be the bulk of the diet, but at this point that will only help slow or stop the progression of the problem. To tell someone to stay away from doctors is ridiculous. you might as well tell a heart attack victim to just eat right and exercise from now on and it will go away. Educate yourself about your condition, find a doctor that specializes in your condition and seek other opinions. After all of that you can move forward with a long term plan, but start with following your doctors advice. This can be a warning sign to a potentially life threatening issue.
cfircav8r is offline Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Last edited by cfircav8r; May 14, 2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:22 AM View Post
herculesss
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.