HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 02, 2011, 04:25 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
And our brave men and women will take care of them in the same manner. BTW, I like the old days when warriors wore uniforms and our enemy didn't hide under dress's

Mike.
Unless they were Scots.... lol Something a bit unnerving about guys in combat with no underwear. I"m Sotch-Irish....(they tell me) and I think the Irish wore pants.

As for Bin Laden... it's about time. No, I refuse to be politically correct. Someone has to speak the god's honest truth. Bin Laden killed thousands of our people on 9/11..... So, we kill him. So what? The damage is done. Any yes, perhaps we can stop some of the Taliban attacks... but you have to realize that these people and the Muslim/Islamics are nothing more than Huns.
They cook on camel dung. They eat dog, horse and whatever else they can kill. To say their women are oppressed would be the understatement of the century. Steal something and see what happens. Refuse to marry the man you're parents have chosen for you to marry.... and you will be pitched into the streets and stoned to death. I've seen it unedited on Youtube... Sick, sick people. Don't get me started on radical Muslims. Their mission is simple.
Kill all jews and christians in the world! Ok, enough... but lets not sugar coat how much trouble this country is in.

So, I flew my little fully aerobatic helicopter this morning and ... if you can locate it after you take off... it's amazing to fly. I hovered upside down for a long time.... You really have to be on your toes though. I was using aileron in a turn and it did a 360* roll. My wife said, "wow".... I said, "I meant to do that!" ROFLMAO!

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2011, 12:25 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,672 Posts
^^^^
Buzz, I want to see a vid. And don't let it bite you in the butt

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2011, 03:17 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
^^^^
Buzz, I want to see a vid. And don't let it bite you in the butt

Mike.
I knew you were going to bring up that bite in the butt! lol One of my wife's best videos! Ha!

I don't have a video of this one. It moves so fast my wife has no clue where it is... I have a very hard time keeping it in one place long enough for her to find it. I'll try it though. I have to wait until there is NO wind at all... usually around 7m. Bear in mind that all of the tricks I have done with it so far have been purely accidental. LMAO!
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2011, 03:30 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,053 Posts
Buzz:

No video? AAWWWW you make me CCRY!!

Should have posted the Road Runner video you send me, you remind me of Willy Coyote!

BEEP! BEEP!

frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2011, 03:49 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Buzz:

No video? AAWWWW you make me CCRY!!

Should have posted the Road Runner video you send me, you remind me of Willy Coyote!

BEEP! BEEP!


Ha! I'll get video as soon as I can get this thing to settle down. One second it's hovering, then I try to move sideways and it does a roll. Verrrrry, sensitive on the sticks...and I'm on low rates. The only reason I was upside down was because I tried a roll and it only half of it, then stopped upside down. I was immediately disoriented. It was nose in and upside down..

The only thing I could do was give it aileron again and it rolled back upright.
But, I think I can do the roll fairly easily. If I can see it!

Uhhh..... Durk? You like Wylie Coyote? Look at my avatar! LOL

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2011, 03:59 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Ha! I'll get video as soon as I can get this thing to settle down. One second it's hovering, then I try to move sideways and it does a roll. Verrrrry, sensitive on the sticks...and I'm on low rates. The only reason I was upside down was because I tried a roll and it only half of it, then stopped upside down. I was immediately disoriented. It was nose in and upside down..

The only thing I could do was give it aileron again and it rolled back upright.
But, I think I can do the roll fairly easily. If I can see it!

Uhhh..... Durk? You like Wylie Coyote? Look at my avatar! LOL

Buzz
Oh DUH! No wonder you remind me of him!

Maybe I should change my avatar to the Road Runner and we would be a matched pair!

Actually I will stick with Kinko the cat, she is sitting beside me on the pull out leaf of my desk watching me type. Her little blue eyes just follow the cursor around and then she goes and taps it on the screen LOL.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2011, 04:31 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Oh DUH! No wonder you remind me of him!

Maybe I should change my avatar to the Road Runner and we would be a matched pair!

Actually I will stick with Kinko the cat, she is sitting beside me on the pull out leaf of my desk watching me type. Her little blue eyes just follow the cursor around and then she goes and taps it on the screen LOL.
LOL! I can't believe you never saw that.

For some reason, our dog watches TV ! Seriously. If there's a doorbell noise, he goes insane... or if someone toots the horn on a car.... insanity again. But if he sees a dog on TV he tries to smell it's butt. It's hilarious.
You should see him if we watch Westminster Dog Show.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2011, 06:01 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
LOL! I can't believe you never saw that.

For some reason, our dog watches TV ! Seriously. If there's a doorbell noise, he goes insane... or if someone toots the horn on a car.... insanity again. But if he sees a dog on TV he tries to smell it's butt. It's hilarious.
You should see him if we watch Westminster Dog Show.
I did see it before but it sort of left me when I made that post LOL. You have to remember that I do have frieslander moments.

Now I was saying.........................................

LOL yes animals do react to TV. Cat and bird sounds coming from the TV or speakers send our cat's ears twitching. Sometimes the Siamese will sit there and watch a Nature show.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 11:27 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
I did see it before but it sort of left me when I made that post LOL. You have to remember that I do have frieslander moments.

Now I was saying.........................................

LOL yes animals do react to TV. Cat and bird sounds coming from the TV or speakers send our cat's ears twitching. Sometimes the Siamese will sit there and watch a Nature show.
Man, are we off topic? My little Bichon Frise doggie fell in the fish pond yesterday! I just happened to have my camera trying to get pictures of a P-47 that kept flying over our house. The dog was trying to catch the gold fish in the pond...and ...SPLASH! I got some good pictures! lol
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2011, 09:50 AM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,672 Posts
^^^^
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2011, 12:19 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
^^^^

Hahahaha! Ok, folks.... back on topic. I was looking around at different brushless motors and I found something very strange. Of course I lost the link to it... but it's a counter rotating motor. It has an inner and outer shaft, each one turning opposite the other. If you built the right sized helicopter, you'd only need one motor. But, I believe you'd have to turn by tail rotor.... I don't see how you could slow one shaft to make it turn like a coaxial. Has anyone else seen these things? I have no idea what they're really made for....but I had to quit looking at it because sparks and smoke came out of my ears! What the heck could a motor like that be used for?
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2011, 03:03 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Hahahaha! Ok, folks.... back on topic. I was looking around at different brushless motors and I found something very strange. Of course I lost the link to it... but it's a counter rotating motor. It has an inner and outer shaft, each one turning opposite the other. If you built the right sized helicopter, you'd only need one motor. But, I believe you'd have to turn by tail rotor.... I don't see how you could slow one shaft to make it turn like a coaxial. Has anyone else seen these things? I have no idea what they're really made for....but I had to quit looking at it because sparks and smoke came out of my ears! What the heck could a motor like that be used for?
Buzz:

Too bad you lost the link, now I am curious. If it is geared to make the shafts turn counter clockwise then we are out of luck. However if it has a split center winding and outer windings and is sort of stacked then maybe it could be managed.

Found a link:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=6565

And here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1118210


Runs off 2 Esc's

Durk
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Last edited by frieslander; May 05, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2011, 04:52 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Buzz:

Too bad you lost the link, now I am curious. If it is geared to make the shafts turn counter clockwise then we are out of luck. However if it has a split center winding and outer windings and is sort of stacked then maybe it could be managed.

Found a link:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=6565

And here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1118210


Runs off 2 Esc's

Durk

That's it, Durk! Thanks! Seems as if it is actually two motors running two props in counter rotation. The front prop goes on the rear motor....(?)... and the price on these things has dropped to a bit over $10 ea. They are made to get two motor performance out of one unit. There's a shaft that runs through the motors. It cuts down on rotational torque.... so the engine doesn't want to pull to the left. The second prop balances that so there is no torque factor. You could make a really cool Cessna Skymaster with one of these... if the shaft was long enough. If I can get one for $15 or so, I'm going to pull the trigger on it and see what I can do with it. If I could find one powerful enough, I could put one on each motor mount on my Gaui quad flyer. Then, if one motor failed.... I'd have another motor running as a back up to keep from crashing. Hmmmmm.......

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2011, 09:48 PM
Registered User
nasgul's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
just a little update on my lama, got bored, so decided to mod the tail on the 3, so that the fin sits central rather than on the side....
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2011, 10:19 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasgul View Post
just a little update on my lama, got bored, so decided to mod the tail on the 3, so that the fin sits central rather than on the side....
Pictures always make you look fat right? It looks to me that there is some weight on the rear end. Did you check your COG? Looks nice

Mike.

My "Amelia's" rear end. Not a very good pic but, I do try to keep her butt in shape
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; May 06, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Lama parts. Xtreme tial/blades/etc. GFBurke Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 14, 2007 05:58 PM
Found WANTED: CORONA PARTS , NEW, USED, UPGRADES, etc... setting up for Nephew kookboy Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Jan 07, 2007 02:26 AM