Closed Thread
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:11 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post

The simple fact is, the only way to change that companies behavior is to not spend your hard earned money.
Exactly! I know of at least a pair of anti HK duos here on RCG- won't name names, but it's strange that the majority of their post are anti HK and yet they continue to buy HK. hmmmm...wake up people! HK won't change unless we stop shopping there and their sales tank.

if we continue to rant and rant, but keep buying there, it's simply just rants without merits and will fall on deaf ears.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:38 PM
Dir. of Innovation at Alert 5
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2011
653 Posts
My takeaway from this is like so:
I used to buy stuff indiscriminately online, but only through PayPal approved sites (like Hobby King)...
I thought, like a chump, "If anything goes wrong, PayPal has my back... wrong!
You see, HK business model is very devious and legit at the same time...
They stock continental warehoused (USA, Europe, Australia, etc..) with products that receive absolutely no quality controls whatsoever...
They average about 85% customer satisfaction and the 15% of the non-satisfied (either shipping damage, wrong part, whatever). Whatever person wants to open a claim they simply state "Ship back to China for most honorable refund"... Paypal's hands are tied... My total purchase (shipping included) was $89.60 due to the shipment from the USA warehouse... The shipping cost back to China is $46.22 to get a refund... So, in conclusion, I will have to spend roughly $140.00 to get a $60 plane that may arrive crunched like the original plane... So your pissing in prop wash... So, just buyer beware and PayPal protection has its limitations.
Demon 6 is offline Find More Posts by Demon 6
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:34 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,113 Posts
[QUOTE=Demon 6;23803598].
They average about 85% customer satisfaction and the 15% of the non-satisfied (either shipping damage, wrong part, whatever)..[/QUOTE

Did you get this data from Hobby King? Please direct me to the source, I'd like to read more about it.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:02 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,319 Posts
Hoppy,
If you read the opening line of the prevopis post "My takeaway from this is like so:" I understand this to me as an opinion and not necessarily factual. Is that how you understand it?
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:23 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,113 Posts
I guess Demon will clarify if it's his opinion or if it has some statistical basis to it.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:00 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
See when a statement like that is made as opinion, it's o/k. Validation of those statistics aren't needed.

It's like saying, In my opinion the same three people (perhaps 2) are responsible for every negative comment about certain vendors, and will accuse of you either working for, or spinning for those vendors if you don't agree with them.

It might not have one ounce of credibility, but since it's my "opinion" I guess some here feel that is o/k. I mean, I don't. I'd rather have proof of something before putting an allegation of something out there, but to each their own right?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:54 PM
Dir. of Innovation at Alert 5
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2011
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
I guess Demon will clarify if it's his opinion or if it has some statistical basis to it.
I was in fact stating a theoretical opinion on how I perceive
HK business model. I think they may even have a greater satisfaction rate than 85% based on their volume, but it doesn't excuse them for the questionable "tactics" that I outlined in my previous statement. I learned my lesson and I'm wiser for it.
Demon 6 is offline Find More Posts by Demon 6
Closed Thread