|Nov 23, 2014, 09:25 PM|
Busted at the wing tube
Dorked my Edge... boo hiss.
Firewall is messed up.. easy fix.
but the wing tube framing on both the left and right of the fuselage are busted.
Seems like a pretty critical area.
|Nov 23, 2014, 09:51 PM|
Def try and fix it.
Other then Steve's suggestion (which has merit), it is an easy fix. I had a similar incident here (in fact much much worse). And here are the "after" pics.
1. Peel off the covering from the damaged area (former to former).
2. Glue the broken balsa pieces back in (you did keep them right?). Always take every shred of broken balsa from the field. In the aftermath of a crash it is easy to overlook but it makes life much easier when you have it. If you don't have the missing pieces just make new ones.
3. Glue the wing tube back in. This is a tricky part.
You want to get it in the same place as it was before. 3dhs design the frames with the wing tube precisely where it is. The broken pieces can make it easy. Make sure it is perpendicular to the support "beams" and the fuse.
4. While repairing, test for accuracy often by putting the wings on. Look for a gap between the fuse and the wings root. Don't sweet it if at the end there are a few mm gap. It will not effect flight performance.
5. Try not to get glue inside the wing tube sleeve, so it is not hard to slide the wing tube back in.
6. Sand the balsa down. If necessary, cover any blemishes with lightweight Spackle (available in HD/Lowes) and send it down (easy).
|Nov 23, 2014, 10:07 PM|
Here is what my "interior" looks like after that crash/fix. You can tell I was missing quite a bit of pieces so I had to make my own (outlined by the blue pen marks). Can you tell my skills improved by the time I got to the second side?
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New Product||3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck"||Ducati Mechanic||3D Flying||17299||Mar 27, 2012 04:37 PM|
|Sold||3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf||JBuck||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||7||Jul 02, 2011 07:58 AM|
|Sold||3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck||6L6Amp||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||14||Aug 22, 2010 08:45 PM|