HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:30 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
You ever order from them before? Those are some good prices. I did notice the HV controllers weren't the Ice2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richord View Post
Thanks. Was trying to order, but is says "Item is no longer in stock" when you try to add it to your cart.
I've had dealings with Neu before... good luck. Their customer service is about the worst I've ever experienced. But - for some background, Neu worked a deal with Castle a few years back and Castle became the primary distributor and sales people for Neu. Neu's website began not being updated very frequently and sales through it stopped for a while at least and you got referred to Castle's site instead.
Interesting that they would be advertising cheap prices for Castle's stuff, unless the info is just very outdated, which would be my guess.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:53 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
I've had dealings with Neu before... good luck. Their customer service is about the worst I've ever experienced. But - for some background, Neu worked a deal with Castle a few years back and Castle became the primary distributor and sales people for Neu. Neu's website began not being updated very frequently and sales through it stopped for a while at least and you got referred to Castle's site instead.
Interesting that they would be advertising cheap prices for Castle's stuff, unless the info is just very outdated, which would be my guess.
Ya sounds like a good possibility... Castle service is top notch so if it gets to me and I have a receipt I am not worried about being taken care of. Had a crash recently and sent ESC in for service because of what felt like a loose capacitor and they just sent me new one. From the time I sent it to the time I got a new one was like 6 days... that says a lot especially since I am in Alaska. I have bought almost all of my Castle ESC's new from eBay stores at great prices and fast shipping.... I recommend it, just make sure you are buying from seller with respectable feedback and save your receipt.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:39 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
15,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post

AFAIK, the Castle sale is fairly current.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...e#post23569126
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:01 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
394 Posts
I just wanted a my 2 cents.
I'm running my Slick with 4S 3300 packs & really like the way the plane fly with a little extra weight as others have said as long as you balanced it right. I have some 4S 2500 25C GenAce packs but after trying the bigger size packs I rarely use them now.

I'm now running a Motrofly 3615 750kv after my Hacker A30-12XL went out on me burning up my esc coming out of a KE spin. Needless to say I will not be buying another plane I can't get a Motrofly motor for

I'm also now using a CC ICE 100 lite after trying a cheaper knock-offs that I could never get the timing set right for my motrofly but using the ICE it's nice & smooth again. I ended up going with the 100 over the 75 after doing some ground runs with some new batteries pushing over 72 amps using a APC or Falcon 14X7 prop.
Mach3 is online now Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:09 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2008
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
I just wanted a my 2 cents.
I'm running my Slick with 4S 3300 packs & really like the way the plane fly with a little extra weight as others have said as long as you balanced it right. I have some 4S 2500 25C GenAce packs but after trying the bigger size packs I rarely use them now.

I'm now running a Motrofly 3615 750kv after my Hacker A30-12XL went out on me burning up my esc coming out of a KE spin. Needless to say I will not be buying another plane I can't get a Motrofly motor for

I'm also now using a CC ICE 100 lite after trying a cheaper knock-offs that I could never get the timing set right for my motrofly but using the ICE it's nice & smooth again. I ended up going with the 100 over the 75 after doing some ground runs with some new batteries pushing over 72 amps using a APC or Falcon 14X7 prop.
What do your 3300's weigh? I went witht the Gens Ace 2700mah 35C and I believe they are about 319 grams.
richord is online now Find More Posts by richord
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:12 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2008
1,156 Posts
Do you guys see any pluses to using a 7 channel RX with separate channels for each ailerons vs. a Y splitter on one channel?

I have most of my planes on the Y splitter and one of them on a 7 channel and have it setup with flaps that I never use - but I can't seem to get the aileron throw even from side to side like the ones with the Y splitter. This setup is with a DX7 and AR7000.
richord is online now Find More Posts by richord
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:18 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,650 Posts
Quote:
Do you guys see any pluses to using a 7 channel RX with separate channels for each ailerons vs. a Y splitter on one channel?

I have most of my planes on the Y splitter and one of them on a 7 channel and have it setup with flaps that I never use - but I can't seem to get the aileron throw even from side to side like the ones with the Y splitter. This setup is with a DX7 and AR7000.
Always use a separate channel for each aileron if possible. If you can't get the throws even there is something wrong with your setup. It has been too long since I had a dx7 but it matters which channel you use for aileron2. Only one is trimable when mixed. Do both of your ailerons move when you are trimming? You should be able to get the throws even with the end point adjustments and dual rates.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:33 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,251 Posts
Quote:

Absolutely use separate channels for your ailerons. Right goes into Aileron port and left into Aux1. Then be sure to setup your radio for dual ailerons and you're good to go.

As Nate has suggested, the reason we use separate channels for each aileron is so that we can get equal throws both up and down on each aileron which will ensure nice axial rolls.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Always use a separate channel for each aileron if possible. If you can't get the throws even there is something wrong with your setup. It has been too long since I had a dx7 but it matters which channel you use for aileron2. Only one is trimable when mixed. Do both of your ailerons move when you are trimming? You should be able to get the throws even with the end point adjustments and dual rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Absolutely use separate channels for your ailerons. Right goes into Aileron port and left into Aux1. Then be sure to setup your radio for dual ailerons and you're good to go.

As Nate has suggested, the reason we use separate channels for each aileron is so that we can get equal throws both up and down on each aileron which will ensure nice axial rolls.
Not that it matters...but I agree 1000%....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:41 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Not that it matters...but I agree 1000%....

SteveT.
I set my Slick up with individual aileron channels to have flaperons. I never use them. This plane just doesn't need them. So now I have a good reason to have this. I'll have to measure throws and make sure they are equal. Great idea!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:51 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,937 Posts
Not for flaperons. Just the ease of being able to individually tune in the servos on a dual wing set-up... On JR/Spektrum radios, when you set up the dual ailerons, you set them in the "wing type" menu, as flaperons. And then you also need to inhibit the landing flaperon switch...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:34 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Not for flaperons. Just the ease of being able to individually tune in the servos on a dual wing set-up... On JR/Spektrum radios, when you set up the dual ailerons, you set them in the "wing type" menu, as flaperons. And then you also need to inhibit the landing flaperon switch...

SteveT.
I was going to say that!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:

SteveT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I was going to say that!
Guys... if this is directed at me... same idea... no flaperons for sure.

But rather than changing the "wing type" on my radio, I just did a 100% inverted mix to Aux1. Then I suppose I can play with end-points to get the throws identical if I want to. But the rolls are so axial now I don't feel the need to play.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:02 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Guys... if this is directed at me... same idea... no flaperons for sure.

But rather than changing the "wing type" on my radio, I just did a 100% inverted mix to Aux1. Then I suppose I can play with end-points to get the throws identical if I want to. But the rolls are so axial now I don't feel the need to play.
When using the flaperons mix, you can use the end points of each channel to match them...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:44 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
When using the flaperons mix, you can use the end points of each channel to match them...

SteveT.
IC. Thank you.