HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:23 PM
United States, KS, Mission Hills
Joined May 2013
9 Posts
Discussion
OrangeRx T-six setup for Phoenix v4.0.m setup

Does anyone know how to correctly setup an OrangeRx T-six in the Phoenix v4 simulator? I made my own cable following pictures of the Hobbyking website and Phoenix recognizes the radio. My problem is the simulator does not recognize the the 5th and 6th channels (i.e. Gear and Flaps).

I don't know what to do. Tried going through the menus on both the radio and the simulator and have not had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rcfan7712 is offline Find More Posts by rcfan7712
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2013, 08:41 PM
Joined May 2013
9 Posts
I figured out that I can set up T-six in heli mode and get the heli's to fly fine if the transmitter is in heli mode but the gear and flaps don't work on planes. So i recalibrated with the Tx in airplane mode and was able to get the gear/flaps to work but I can't switch back and forth easily. I have to recalibrate everytime I go from a heli to plane or vice versa. Has anyone been able to set it up so you don't have to recalibrate everytime?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:35 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
3,891 Posts
Which part is not working? You sure you are not using trim on one of the modes/models? It's just a PPM output. I assume the issue is with channels 5 & 6?

If you work at it you can probably get the heli mode setup to give you flaps or gear but not both. I'm guessing channel 5 is the gyro and you might be able to use a switch to change the gyro gain between 0% and 100%.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:28 PM
Joined May 2013
9 Posts
When I set up the controls in the sim it says to be in Heli mode on the Tx. When I do that channel six(gear channel on an airplane) is then also used for throttle hold/collective pitch to do heli stunts. But it won't register any movement with flaps in heli mode. I had to create a second profile on my Tx in airplane mode and then calibrate the simulator to get the gear/flaps to work properly. I can use the Tx in both modes but have to go through the hassle of switching the model memory on the Tx from heli to plane or vice versa, then have to recalibrate the simulator everytime I switch so the functions work properly. Very annoying
Old Nov 23, 2013, 08:21 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
3,891 Posts
Yes that's what I was saying. You loose channel 6 to pitch so your only other channel is 5 which by default is probably gyro gain but could possibly be reassigned. Hence as I said you can probably have gear or flaps but not both. This will be an issue with any 6 channel tx.

You could always just use a keyboard key for gear or flaps. That's how they work when using a radio with even fewer channels.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver