HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined Dec 2012
9 Posts
Discussion
3D Quad Video

We have been working on this for a while and have been having a lot of fun with it!

*****UPDATED**********UPDATED**********UPDATED**** ******UPDATED**********UPDATED*****
http://curtisyoungblood.com/V2/content/stingray For more info

Curtis Youngblood 3D Quad Night Flight - Original Uncut Flight (4 min 27 sec)

World's First Full 3D Quadcopter Dominating (3 min 42 sec)

Total Recall - Uncut Flight with 3D Quad (3 min 25 sec)

*****UPDATED*****

Curtis Youngblood 3D Quad Night Flight (1 min 46 sec)

GoPro HERO3 Black Edition films world's first 3D quad (quadcopter) (1 min 6 sec)

Raw 3D Quad (0 min 12 sec)

GoPro HERO3 captures 3D quadcopter flights FPV (2 min 51 sec)

Link to Playlist of all of our quad videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CEo...SMPOVoNUNdGfOx
RustysFunFarm is offline Find More Posts by RustysFunFarm
Last edited by RustysFunFarm; Mar 08, 2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Updating the thread for NEW INFORMATION
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:52 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
I want one.
Is that you flying?

Looks sweet
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Dec 2012
9 Posts
I only edited it quickly and posted it.

I am a long time watcher but first-time poster and I would like to know how to embed the video. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:12 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
from the post tool bar Click insert link, paste in the link, done. I'm not sure but you may need a certain# of posts before you can do this.

Any more info on that copter?

HERO3: Black Edition films world's first 3D quad (1 min 6 sec)
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:50 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2012
82 Posts
This is incredible. Do you have a blog or something with more information about your quad?
robert_houdin is offline Find More Posts by robert_houdin
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:38 AM
Joined Dec 2005
50 Posts
Hi!

Great job and great flying!

However, it's not world's first 3D quad. ;-) AscTec (www.asctec.de) build and showed a 3D quad with 3D tricks up to tic tocs on german multicopter meetings in 2008. It was based on the (never released) AscTec FunPilot Xtreeme and AscTec XBase Xtreeme. Development stopped shortly before series production because of the complexity and sensitivity of the pitch mechanics.

Attached are two pictures in normal hover and inverted hover.

Regards,
Jast
jast is offline Find More Posts by jast
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:21 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I want.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Dec 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Hi!

Great job and great flying!

However, it's not world's first 3D quad. ;-) AscTec (www.asctec.de) build and showed a 3D quad with 3D tricks up to tic tocs on german multicopter meetings in 2008. It was based on the (never released) AscTec FunPilot Xtreeme and AscTec XBase Xtreeme. Development stopped shortly before series production because of the complexity and sensitivity of the pitch mechanics.

Attached are two pictures in normal hover and inverted hover.

Regards,
Jast
WOW! We have done a lot of searching and had not seen that, certainly nothing in recent years. Really nice find!

Thank you all for the kind remarks, it has been an interesting process to get to this point! Shultz, I really appreciated you stepping in and helping me with the embed. We do not have a blog yet, we have been working on this in private until now.

Rusty
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Is it just me or does this video look fake? The shadows seem to move in strange ways and I find it interesting that only quick segments of flight are posted... and with no sound.
nolequad is online now Find More Posts by nolequad
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1460 View Post
Is it just me or does this video look fake? The shadows seem to move in strange ways and I find it interesting that only quick segments of flight are posted... and with no sound.
I too thought it but didn't want to say anything early. I would love the raw video with sound, if it is real I bet it sounds wicked.

The thing that struck me as weird was the flipping in place. Didn't seem natural from what I know about multis and how they stay airborne.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Dec 2012
9 Posts
I guess it is a compliment that the performance looks "unreal". But, it is in fact real. Give me a few minutes, I'll get some raw footage of the low flips.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:49 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
If it's realy it's amazing, just not used to seeing one move that way.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:49 PM
Troy, Michigan
Joined May 2006
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
I too thought it but didn't want to say anything early. I would love the raw video with sound, if it is real I bet it sounds wicked.

The thing that struck me as weird was the flipping in place. Didn't seem natural from what I know about multis and how they stay airborne.
It's definitely not fake. Its Collective Pitch like a 3D Heli. That why it doesn't seem "natural"
Kyle D. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle D.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
I have been flying CP helis for over 7 years and they do flip in 1 spot.
It is because they have neg and pos pitch.
A multi is FP.
Watching a pro do mad 3D at a heli show got me hooked and the next day like an idiot I went to my local hobby shop having never flown anything and asked for a heli I could flip and stuff. The guy laughed and said I needed a Blade CX2 coaxial.

Oh the dissapointment when he said it would take me many many hours to learn to 3D a heli.
He should have said many years LOL cus I can flip, loop and roll but still no 3D.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I understand fully how 3D helicopters work and have flown a mini 100size that way. I also fly them all the time on my simulator (drink and fly!)

I would just think there would be more movement in place because not only is the FC having to deal with the collective, it's also having to deal with the slowing and speeding up of individual arms.