HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:51 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Why would anyone put this on the internet exposing his wife's ignorance and humilating her. I doubt if that marriage is going to last.
I would never do that to my wife but I guess thats why I get expensive airplanes and am spoiled so bad.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:57 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I don't know of anything other than GPS and ram/static for speed for on-board RC.
Thanks wayne. It sure will be nice when they do.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,639 Posts
I agree Kerwin50. As much as that was kind of funny, I would not have done that to my wife either. Nobody deserves that kind of public flogging. That is going to be viewed by every single person she knows. Some of these kids that grew up with social media use it without judgment.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:14 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I agree Kerwin50. As much as that was kind of funny, I would not have done that to my wife either. Nobody deserves that kind of public flogging. That is going to be viewed by every single person she knows. Some of these kids that grew up with social media use it without judgment.

"If" it was not a set up, I think she may still be arguing her point. <shrug>

If its on the Interweb... It must be true!

Update.... Things are not completely final but it looks like Sept 7,8, and 9th we will be hosting the "3D Event" here in State College.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:36 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,449 Posts
It has been 80 degrees here for the last three days! The snowbank in front of my house has dropped 5' in as many days! The rivers are rising over their banks, but the sky is blue and I've put over 400 miles on the motorcycle that wasn't due to see the light of day until the middle of May! Un fricken believable! Just sayin'.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:48 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
I'm late on the tire thing

Put new tires on the truck Friday...$1900... but i did get 73000 miles out of the last ones....<KNOCK... KNOCK> on wood, never got stuck or a flat... and that's pulling the trailer.
ok I'm not counting the spinning on wet grass in PA... but still didn't have to be towed out of the mud.
went back with the same tires..
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
I'm late on the tire thing

Put new tires on the truck Friday...$1900... but i did get 73000 miles out of the last ones....<KNOCK... KNOCK> on wood, never got stuck or a flat... and that's pulling the trailer.
ok I'm not counting the spinning on wet grass in PA... but still didn't have to be towed out of the mud.
went back with the same tires..
We have way too much large stones under that thin layer of dirt... I knew you had that without issue. Wet fescue grass is snotty slick

You going to have flooding there Snowy one?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:09 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
It has been 80 degrees here for the last three days! The snowbank in front of my house has dropped 5' in as many days! The rivers are rising over their banks, but the sky is blue and I've put over 400 miles on the motorcycle that wasn't due to see the light of day until the middle of May! Un fricken believable! Just sayin'.
Snowman great to hear from you.
So you did get quite a bit of snow then?
You making me jealous riding that motor pickle.
Any fishing reports?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:14 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,084 Posts
went after work to fly the cub with skiis in the snow today
had to drive up north over 1 hour and found out there was no snow and had toi drive all the way back home

really sucks because I spent lots of time conditioning batteries etc. for my special day

oh well will maiden my ucando with 61os soon and take video of that for fun instead

everyone has there favorite video of rc planes and this is mine
I can watch this video from start to finish a million times

I love very fast planes
Very fast planes (14 min 40 sec)
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:29 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
For those of you that have not seen dave's flat spins here they are.
T----t 40 flat spins for the first time (0 min 56 sec)
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:44 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
Guys I tried once again to maiden the the Lil Edge.
It looked like there was a break in the rain. So I told the Lil wife I was going to go for a flight.
Upon hearing that she asked if she could go. Now when momma says somthing like that I never say no.
Of course then she had to get ready. That was another 30 minutes. LOL
So wouldn't you know it by the time we got out the door it started drizziling.
She was so sorry but I told her never mind honey we'll just go to Wally world for a few items.
I returned the Lil Edge back to her room and glanced at the twist in the corner. It made me ad lib to a song.
Have you seen that twist in the corner
I'd like to take her out of this room
Because if I had my way with her baby
I'd flat spin her to the moon
Ebony skies, ebony skies
Bob Welch - Ebony Eyes (3 min 19 sec)
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:56 AM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I returned the Lil Edge back to her room and glanced at the twist in the corner. It made me ad lib to a song.
Have you seen that twist in the corner
I'd like to take her out of this room
Because if I had my way with her baby
I'd flat spin her to the moon
Ebony skies, ebony skies
Great old song!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:01 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
503 Posts
Hey all

Wow away for two weeks and there is lots going on! The weather here has been great!! Flew my Yak and PA Mx last weekend. Also, myself and some other pilots at the field are involved with some university of Maryland seniors that are building a surviellence plane as their final project. They has selected a HK 28 inch wingspan Cessna 182. They wanted to add 4.5 lbs of weight to it. They are aeronautical engineers!! We told them that basically they were trying to put 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag. One of the guys at the field had a used kadet Senior that he gave them, which will be much more suited for what they are trying to accomplish. We explained dihedral and such to them. I was suprised that they had no idea what they we were talking about when we mentioned it. They were tickled and jumped around like little kids when they finally seen their little cessna fly. Which we had to hand lauch because the forward landing gear broke off when leaving the pits for the runway.
They are supposed to be back at the field in two weeks to further the adventure. Plane is eventually supposed to fly itself. Neat experiment.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:20 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,150 Posts
4.5" of rain since yesterday and still raining. Should end today I think.
waynemia is online now Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:53 AM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
Wow away for two weeks and there is lots going on! The weather here has been great!! Flew my Yak and PA Mx last weekend. Also, myself and some other pilots at the field are involved with some university of Maryland seniors that are building a surviellence plane as their final project.
That is soo cool. Our club is participating with the Penn State students doing the same thing with a Senior Telemaster. The idea is to make the plane a repeater that can make radio communications possible over a mountain range.