HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2009, 10:12 PM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Feb 2006
275 Posts
Discussion
How do you blade track Novus CP?

I've got a blade pretty good out of track. How do you track these as theres no pitch link adjustable above the swash plate?
Rooster433 is offline Find More Posts by Rooster433
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2009, 10:29 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster433
I've got a blade pretty good out of track. How do you track these as theres no pitch link adjustable above the swash plate?
The plastic mixing links that the flybar passes through going down to the swash
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old May 27, 2009, 10:35 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
Nano CP 3.7V? Never thought there was such thing, but there it is.

If no adjustable links, kinda must be blade parallelism. IOW, twisting both in opposite directions.

If possible, dismount them and clamp together by the root with the mount holes aligned. If not parallel, immerse in hot water and bend both toward each other (don't correct just one) until they have same dimensions in the longitudinal and chord axes.

That reckons without head symmetry, which is an issue on HBFP even if the blades are perfect. There's almost never 'just one' answer to these issues.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old May 27, 2009, 10:37 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
Nano CP 3.7V? Never thought there was such thing, but there it is.

If no links, must be blade parallelism. IOW, twisting both in opposite directions.

If possible, dismount them and clamp together by the root with the mount holes aligned. If not parallel, immerse in hot water and bend both toward each other (don't correct just one) until they have same dimensions in the longitudinal and chord axes.
No need and there is one answer here. What he has is a rebagged Walkera 4G3.....nothing new and been out for some time now. The links the flybar passes through are what is used for blade tracking on this heli.....its very simple
Old May 27, 2009, 10:42 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
Didn't know that xray. Along with a squillion other things I don't know. Generic response, rather than authoritative.

Never seen a Walkera. From what I read, rather not. Got enough problems with Esky, but at least kinda know what they are.

Do know one thing. RTF doesn't mean ready to fly. It means ready to futz-with.
Last edited by arbilab; May 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old May 27, 2009, 10:44 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
Didn't know that xray. Along with a squillion other things I don't know. Never seen a Walkera. Got enough problems with Esky, but at least kinda know what they are.
Yeah stay away from them if you dont have one already...they tend to make you develop a "love/hate" relationship with them. You need to mod everything on them to get them to fly the way you want but you just cant stop buying them one you get one
Old May 27, 2009, 10:52 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
Hawhawhaw, no worries mate, my heli buying days are over. Got 4 and can only fly 1 1/2. Parts and tools only at this time. And speaking of that, latest project already owes LHS $50 I haven't even acquired yet.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:04 AM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Feb 2006
275 Posts
You guys where right. I didn't notice that link that goes though the fly bar to be adjustable. Tracked them right out!
Rooster433 is offline Find More Posts by Rooster433
Old May 28, 2009, 10:15 AM
master 4#3
istanbul Türkiye
Joined Jan 2008
958 Posts
my 4g3 tracks right with cf blades but when i swap them with foams or wood blades they are out of track
do every blade pair need individual setup to track well?
what should i do?
baygenco is offline Find More Posts by baygenco
Old May 28, 2009, 10:24 AM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baygenco
my 4g3 tracks right with cf blades but when i swap them with foams or wood blades they are out of track
do every blade pair need individual setup to track well?
what should i do?

Yes, you have to check and readjust accordingly with each new set of blades.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Old May 28, 2009, 10:39 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakMov
Yes, you have to check and readjust accordingly with each new set of blades.
Same thing with full size helis. The more I think about it alot of us could become real full size heli mechanics with alot we learn off these little ones. I use to work on full size helis, pretty much same principles, just alot more paperwork on the real ones..
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old May 28, 2009, 09:01 PM
Helicrack Addict
Australia, QLD, Forest Lake
Joined Dec 2003
516 Posts
Yup, full size helis are cake to set up compared to these little guys. The real ones taught me to trouble shoot and be patient and methodical. You need all that and more with the micro helis where 1/10th of a gram or 0.5mm out will mean you have a bad days flying. So if your micro is well set up and flys nice feel proud.....you've done well. And I hate paperwork.......
whopper is offline Find More Posts by whopper