HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2013, 05:59 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,263 Posts
Build Log
Stevens Aero S-Pou 300

Sounds like a NASCAR raceThis is still a micro size right???
Well this is my first in posting a build log. I got a Stevens Aero kit from a great friend of mine that he wanted me to build for him. So I did it and took these photos of my build. I built a micro version of this before and I love how it just lazily flies around with it's French pilot and his pet poodle, the only thing missing was the bottle of wine and French stick bread in a basket!!
Well I really like how these kits goes together, I've now built 6 different ones and all were excellent. They fly very well and teach people how to build a kit plane with confidence and learn neat little tricks which are inployed in the kits. Worth trying them out.So here are the pictures of my build hope you like them.You have to supply your wheels for this kit. I also put on a tail wheel( from a PZ plane) for ground handling
At the time I finished it I delivered it to him and he was thrilled to see it done so nicely and then turned around and said it was mine to havewas I taken back ...yep!! I now am getting the throws and expos all set up and waiting for a good no wind morning or evening to take her up for her first flight.
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2013, 08:22 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Apr 2007
206 Posts
Beautiful job! The 300 isn't considered a micro, more of a parkflyer.

Mark
fleaz is offline Find More Posts by fleaz
Old Apr 12, 2013, 09:10 PM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,263 Posts
Oooppps or that OH Pou!! Well it's here as I like small planes still. I'm doing a Air Camper now.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 06:41 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
Well this is my first in posting a build log.
Great job, Paul, with some nice photography to document it!

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:24 AM
I love my ID.
Fairfax VA
Joined Aug 2004
670 Posts
Nice covering job on the wing. It will fly fine like its little brother you have.
jingjingjing is offline Find More Posts by jingjingjing
Old Apr 14, 2013, 08:07 PM
Wilmington NC
Joined Aug 2010
251 Posts
Newby's.....like the restaurant. Do you have any tips for the ultra micro s` pou. I have one on the way. going to build it shortly.
C-ME-FLY is offline Find More Posts by C-ME-FLY
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:07 PM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,263 Posts
As for the micro S-Pou just take your time on building the wings make sure they are NOT warped use a good flat surface to build on..Also pay attention to the pitch limitation lines do not go beyond either end. Keep it light use glue sparingly and also when covering the wing use the Areolite covering and all you do is the top make sure when you cut out the cover to size that you place the wing on a flat surface. It loves flying a slow putting speeds.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:19 PM
Wilmington NC
Joined Aug 2010
251 Posts
Awesome thanks....
C-ME-FLY is offline Find More Posts by C-ME-FLY
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:52 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,250 Posts
Cute Toy.
Do wonder though if it does like the original.. where in the 'wrong' alpha it turns into a surprise Suicide vehicle?
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:52 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Apr 2007
206 Posts
When designing the S-pou, both sizes, I applied the same aerodynamic principals used on the full size Fleas being built today, i.e., proper wing separation, Proper CG, and travel limits on the front wing. The smaller S-pou exhibited the same terminal dive as the original until we sorted out the travel limits. Now it, and it's big brother, are pussycats to fly with no bad habits.

Mark Young
fleaz is offline Find More Posts by fleaz
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:02 PM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,263 Posts
Still waiting on a good day to maiden her just too windy now. The poor French pilot wants to go for a flip.