SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Alert
Banana is a pain in the A$$

I started flying helis about two years ago starting w/ coaxial, moving on to fixed pitch, and then decided it was time to move on to collective pitch. I thought I found the perfect Heli w/ the BlitzRCWorks Alpha from Banana Hobby. Right out of the box, after reading the manual, charging the batteries and performing the "pre-flight checklist" per the instructions, it flew like a blue dream. The controls were smooth and responsive. It very much flew like a coaxial but with a whole lot more power and response. That is until it cut out on me on its maiden flight, approximately 4ft off the ground and started beeping before it even "hit" the ground. I put "hit" in quotations because it pretty much auto rotated and landed itself.

Well, since then, I've played HELL trying to find out why it beeps every 2 seconds via Banana. I've tried re-binding per the instructions and still no throttle. All of the other flight controls work but the throttle. After waiting and waiting for a response from Banana, I finally took it to two local hobby shops for their opinions. They tell me that it's the receiver searching for a throttle signal. They couldn't tell me if it was the TX or the RX because they couldn't get any of their radios to bind w/ my receiver.

Well' back to square one. Since Banana obviously has ZERO interest in keeping my business, is there anyone out there with any suggestions regarding Radios, Recievers and Servos. I'm thinking about dumping the BlitzRC crap and replacing them w/ an Airtronics SD-6G 2.4G 6-Ch Radio w/RX600.....or am I just wasting my time. The platform itself seemed extremely stable and easy to fly for the whole 4 or 5 minutes it was in the air and I'd hate to just get rid of it.
Edgarcircus is offline Find More Posts by Edgarcircus
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Edgarcircus. May I have your order number so I could look into this for you? Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
How many times do you guys need my damn order number?!
Edgarcircus is offline Find More Posts by Edgarcircus
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:26 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Edgarcircus! Please feel free to PM your order number info to me and I shall arrange for a tech to assist you as soon as possible! Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:32 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgarcircus View Post
Seriously, guy? If you REALLY would "hate to just get rid of it", the logic here would dictate you'd be trying to work with those who are trying to help you.....and you respond like THAT?

Wow.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:04 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
. Banana is a pain in the A$$
Putting it in the wrong end, perhaps?

Sorry....back to your regularly scheduled programming.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:30 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Good morning Edgarcircus.

We do wish to assist you to the best of our abilities; therefore, we had requested to know your order number. That would better assist us in the issues that you are currently encountering, thus, it would also allow us to know what is going on with your case and if you are being assisted by other associates.
If you have yet to respond to Seba, please provide me with your order number and I will assist you as soon as possible in regards to any discrepancy that you may have with your order.
I would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation with us as well as apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR