HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2011, 08:43 AM
Shropshire UK
Joined Apr 2009
27 Posts
Question
what do i need to know about building my first quad ?

are ArduPilot and wii sensors compatible ?

what is the best controller projects ?

what's the best control sofwhere firmwhere?

what do i need find out about?

thanks pete
petewalford17 is offline Find More Posts by petewalford17
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2011, 11:41 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,709 Posts
Hi Pete,
There are many worthy multicopters these days from build the board bits to ARTF from $50 to $$$$$. How much build and electronics skill do you have and what do you want to do with your model, sportfly, or AVP or some of both? The ArduPilot is open source, so no doubt the Wii sensors can be fitted, and some might have already done that, but for continuity you might want to stick with the sensors they are now developing with it. Check out the ArduPirates thread too: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...86011&page=465 Specific questions will be answered quicker if posted in those relevant threads. Be sure to become familiar with the info and tips in the Mega Index linked below too when you find time
Cheers,
Jim
Vote for my Bro Joe here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old May 19, 2011, 12:33 PM
Shropshire UK
Joined Apr 2009
27 Posts
ive got a budget of $400 or about 200 for me i like mulity wii sensors because ther cheep but what to use with ardupilot
petewalford17 is offline Find More Posts by petewalford17