SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:59 PM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
905 Posts
Dude I really enjoyed watching that video and the flight style and not to mention that plane and its setup! I have seen only a couple people so far that in one year was able to achieve that level. I hope to be able to do the same. That setup seems to have incredible power and your style takes advantage of it. I love that it's not just every move into some kind of roller like many are. The rolling gets so boring after a while to me. More of a pilots skill i guess. I so wish I got that plane first! Maybe I will get one eventually but I already have a bigger edge hum....
sr175 is offline Find More Posts by sr175
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2014, 06:27 PM
Joined Mar 2014
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
I bought my nephew a small helicopter for Christmas last year and I started playing with it and got hooked. Then I purchased an Apprentice in January or February, one of those months. Then I purchased my first 3d plane ( a mcfoamy) that was about March of this year, I posted it here on rc groups. I learned a lot with that little plane, a lot of crashes. I still fly my it even though it weighs about 3 times what it did, there's about two tubes of glue on that thing,lol. Now I've got my Edge and I love it!
Anyway, I'm so excited y'all think I'm doing good on my flying. That really gives me more confidence.
Thank y'all again for the kind words.
Wow Tippit! A year from now you might be holding your Laser on the front of a Wheaties box! Keep those videos coming
Marza Taxx is offline Find More Posts by Marza Taxx
Last edited by Marza Taxx; Dec 19, 2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 07:32 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,706 Posts
in case anyone needs a 60" power setup, I've got a decent one for sale. ice 100 and torque 4016 mk II with a castle 10 amp bec set to 8v. pretty good deal at $150 shipped.

comes with a spinner and props even.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Dec 19, 2014, 08:52 PM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
in case anyone needs a 60" power setup, I've got a decent one for sale. ice 100 and torque 4016 mk II with a castle 10 amp bec set to 8v. pretty good deal at $150 shipped.

comes with a spinner and props even.
man I wish I didn't already have my power setup waiting for the airframe.. I saw your listing in the classifieds earlier and was very tempted to buy it even though I don't need it right now!
ryane67 is online now Find More Posts by ryane67
Old Dec 20, 2014, 05:12 PM
United States, LA, Walker
Joined Jan 2014
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr175 View Post
Dude I really enjoyed watching that video and the flight style and not to mention that plane and its setup! I have seen only a couple people so far that in one year was able to achieve that level. I hope to be able to do the same. That setup seems to have incredible power and your style takes advantage of it. I love that it's not just every move into some kind of roller like many are. The rolling gets so boring after a while to me. More of a pilots skill i guess. I so wish I got that plane first! Maybe I will get one eventually but I already have a bigger edge hum....
Thanks man, yea I've watched videos that was almost all rollers and it does get boring. I think what happens is rollers are very very hard to master, so when a pilot gets his rollers going pretty good they've worked so hard to get their they want to show it off.
Thanks again man for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marza Taxx View Post
Wow Tippit! A year from now you might be holding your Laser on the front of a Wheaties box! Keep those videos coming
Thanks man.
Tippit is offline Find More Posts by Tippit
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
fly low, fly fast, fly 3d
United Kingdom, England, Luton
Joined Dec 2011
565 Posts
Nice vid tippit
nathan100 is offline Find More Posts by nathan100