SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2013, 08:04 AM
Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Joined Jul 2011
732 Posts
Discussion
DJI Phantom 2 Vision---Your Flying Camera!

• UNPRECEDENTED PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPERIENCE
  • SHARE YOUR PHOTOS & VIDEOS
  • EXCEPTIONAL FLIGHT EXPERIENCE

*The first integrated mobile phone FPV system;
*Wi-Fi wireless connection up to a distance of 300m;
*Real-Time telemetry data and flight parameters.
*Real time live-view on your mobile device allows you take photos and videos from a completely new perspective.

Major Features:

1. HIGH PERFORMANCE CAMERA
    Lens: 7 groups of lens elements, including an aspherical glass lens. Field of View up to 140o/Aperture f/2.8.
    Sensor: CMOS Sensor, 12-bit color depth, 14 megapixel;
    Processor: Powerful ISP (Image Signal Processing) chip provides superior images;
  2. CAMERA TILT CONTROL
  3. TAKE PHOTOS
  4. RECORD VIDEOS
  5. TAKE PANORAMIC PICTURES
  6. CAMERA PARAMETER SETTINGS
    (Camera settings can be adjusted using your mobile device such as White Balance, Picture Quality, ISO settings, exposure compensation, RAW or JPEG format wirelessly through the App.)
  7. Wi-Fi CONNECTION
  8. ALBUM SYNCHRONIZATION & SHARE YOUR PHOTOS & VIDEOS
  9. PRECISION FLIGHT & STABLE HOVERING
  10. RADAR POSITIONING &RETURN TO HOME
  11. ONSCREEN REAL-TIME FLIGHT PARAMETERS
  12. SMART-BATTERY & LONG FLIGHT TIME(25MIN)
  13. SELF-TIGHTENING PROPELLERS

More information, please go to DJI website. Share two pictures below, taken by Phantom 2 Vision:

DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DJI INNOVATIONS; Oct 29, 2013 at 11:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2013, 09:16 AM
Find More Posts by Price4Flight
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2012
315 Posts
How much for an extra battery?
Price4Flight is offline Find More Posts by Price4Flight
Old Oct 26, 2013, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by aWanderer
Joined Jan 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Flight View Post
How much for an extra battery?
I want this info as well. Very nice site/info... I love it. I REALLY want it to hold my iPad Mini and an extra battery.
aWanderer is offline Find More Posts by aWanderer
Old Oct 27, 2013, 05:42 AM
Find More Posts by ChristianGeek
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Sep 2013
323 Posts
I thought the AR.Drone was the first integrated mobile phone FPV system.
ChristianGeek is offline Find More Posts by ChristianGeek
Old Oct 27, 2013, 05:46 AM
Find More Posts by yeray
Spain, Community of Madrid, Madrid
Joined Aug 2013
119 Posts
Nice! How about some specs of the Phantom II non Vision ?
yeray is offline Find More Posts by yeray
Old Oct 27, 2013, 06:21 AM
Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Broken images, fix them!

Other than that, very nice. I want one, but the price is definitely way up there.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Oct 27, 2013, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by DParker
Joined Jul 2013
542 Posts
I believe the images flew away...
DParker is offline Find More Posts by DParker
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:23 AM
Find More Posts by BenHayat
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,325 Posts
@DJI:

Please provide the following info:
  1. Price of Battery
  2. Can we use iPad Mini with your Phone clip? If not, what's the solution?
  3. Is there plan to connect your camera with your Gimbal with Vision or Phantom 2?
  4. When is Phantom 2 going to be released?

Thank you in advance!
..Ben
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Oct 27, 2013, 08:39 AM
Find More Posts by offtopic
United States, IN, Jeff
Joined Dec 2012
542 Posts
+ 1 Will there even be a phantom 2 non vision in the future. We all need a yes or no answer please. I have a lot invested in camera's and a couple of gimbals I would not be able to use with the vision model. I think the camera you guys have is nice and all but most of us don't need it. We all went out and spent 400 bucks on these gopro blacks which you guys already know its the most popular video camera for fpv and aerial filming.

Seems I've been waiting weeks to now for a answer. I do know it has been mentioned. I hope I wont be disappointed and it will have a release in the future I do like your products. My finger will be on the buy button if one does get released.

On a side note:
Please get the ipad ground station a upgrade to work with android like a galaxy tablet. You guys are turning into apple with making us buy there crap just to get a few features, you might as well go ahead and stamp that stupid apple logo on your stuff. It's not fair at all to to the rest of the world who doesn't have a mac product and does not plan on ever buying one.
offtopic is online now Find More Posts by offtopic
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by aWanderer
Joined Jan 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by offtopic View Post
+ 1 Will there even be a phantom 2 non vision in the future. We all need a yes or no answer please. I have a lot invested in camera's and a couple of gimbals I would not be able to use with the vision model. I think the camera you guys have is nice and all but most of us don't need it. We all went out and spent 400 bucks on these gopro blacks which you guys already know its the most popular video camera for fpv and aerial filming.

Seems I've been waiting weeks to now for a answer. I do know it has been mentioned. I hope I wont be disappointed and it will have a release in the future I do like your products. My finger will be on the buy button if one does get released.

On a side note:
Please get the ipad ground station a upgrade to work with android like a galaxy tablet. You guys are turning into apple with making us buy there crap just to get a few features, you might as well go ahead and stamp that stupid apple logo on your stuff. It's not fair at all to to the rest of the world who doesn't have a mac product and does not plan on ever buying one.
Good suggestions there... then... it just turns into crap. Maybe they're a step ahead of you and have already relalized Android is crap. You're just slow to the field.
aWanderer is offline Find More Posts by aWanderer
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:38 AM
Find More Posts by offtopic
United States, IN, Jeff
Joined Dec 2012
542 Posts
offtopic is online now Find More Posts by offtopic
Last edited by offtopic; Oct 28, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:40 AM
Find More Posts by SamurAchzar
Joined Jan 2009
1,804 Posts
Well this product announcement got really nice really fast. Keep it up, guys
SamurAchzar is online now Find More Posts by SamurAchzar
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:41 AM
Find More Posts by DParker
Joined Jul 2013
542 Posts
Can we please not let this thread turn into a Mac vs. Android discussion/argument? There are plenty of other forums out there for that. DJI went from a custom iPhone mount to a universal one so it's pretty obvious Android will get it.
DParker is offline Find More Posts by DParker
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:59 AM
Find More Posts by branflakes
Joined Jan 2011
2,388 Posts
I noticed someone above asked for a second post from the dji original thread poster...clarification. implying they will follow up to your question and not just post once for a sale and then leave. Ha! No. Dji only posts a sales ad they do not answer questions or post a second time. Please prove wrong, I know threads who have wanted dji to post something in for months. If dji will post a second time here we can link them to where other responses are needed.

They ignore all posts which insulates them from the buzzkilling fly away thread, but the vendors who don't have dji corporate name are good for help and follow up.

Here's my question that will not be addressed either:
What changes have been made to new Phantom that will lessen the chance of fly away either due to systems or pilot error?
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Last edited by branflakes; Oct 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 02:04 PM
Find More Posts by blade strike
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
15,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
I noticed someone above asked for a second post from the dji original thread poster...clarification. implying they will follow up to your question and not just post once for a sale and then leave. Ha! No. Dji only posts a sales ad they do not answer questions or post a second time. Please prove wrong, I know threads who have wanted dji to post something in for months. If dji will post a second time here we can link them to where other responses are needed.

They ignore all posts which insulates them from the buzzkilling fly away thread, but the vendors who don't have dji corporate name are good for help and follow up.

Here's my question that will not be addressed either:
What changes have been made to new Phantom that will lessen the chance of fly away either due to systems or pilot error?
For one a complete new radio link, 5.8 ghz.
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor