HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:56 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Geez, you make it all look so easy! Brilliant!
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2014, 12:22 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Taupaki
Joined Jun 2012
215 Posts
Soko Heli Tools is proud to welcome Michael "Mikey" Shaw (Whangarei, NZ) to the team. Never heard of Mikey? You are going to for sure!
Mikey started flying RC with planes when he was 11 years old. But once he saw a helicopter 3D flight a few years later he knew what he wanted to do...
He trained for months on the sim until he did his first real RC heli flight.
Now he is at a stage where he just pictures a new manoeuvre in his head - and just does it - without sim... incredible! Mikey is fortunate to be able to practice on a daily basis directly at his home backyard.
Almost unbelievable but true: He can fly mode 1 and mode 2 and had only one dumb thumb in his life!
He's always been in the top 3 in the last competitions here and if he keeps progressing like he does he will get future titles, domestic and international, with a breeze.
His precise style is a pleasure to watch and fits perfectly to Soko Heli Tools. So watch out for Mikey in future competitions and events!

Here you can see Mikey flyin
soko is offline Find More Posts by soko
Last edited by soko; Apr 08, 2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2014, 02:11 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Wow! Sad I will never belong to anywhere near that elite crowd. But the Soko def needs to be represented by someone with that vast talent.

Few seem to be able to realize just how much more precise this system is than any others out there. My inbox has been filled with inquiries lately. Let me assure you guys, as a supreme anal builder. This system does what it is advertised as doing. And in many ways so much more.

I just had a leading aftermarket heli tool supplier email me asking questions as to how the Soko digital gauge could be ten times more accurate than the RcLogger, or any other normally used digital gauge now on the market. As a few guys had commented on another forum that it was. So side by side I did setup measurements with both. The RcLogger will tell you more vague digital pitch angles. Lets say it will give you a 7.1 angle measurement. Where the Soko will give you 7.14 instead! That small additional ,04 measurement the Soko brings to the table will result in a full quarter inch variation on a 700 heli at the blade tips over the 7.1 the RcLogger just gave you.

So now instead of having to use the blade stripe method to mark individual blades so you can visually see the errant blade tip, AFTER measuring with the RcLogger. And then mechanically adjusting the linkage again, and sometimes even again with setup hovers. The Soko nails it dead on the very first try. With ten times more accuracy the very first try.

We haven't even gotten into how much more accurate setting up Cog on your heli is using this tool.

Ever visually setup your cog by holding your blades? Then gone out to the field only to have your aileron rolls always come out off angle? Then start trying to compensate using your gymbals thinking your technique is off? I did this for two full seasons with a couple of my Goblins.

But after Soko system setting up my correct Cog. My very first outing with a Goblin 700 netted dead nuts on ail rolls. So precise it was just uncanny.

Guys, this tool isn't for just setting up your swash and head symmetry. Which is critical. But also for setting up other features on your helis that you normally don't associate with a perfectly mannered heli.

Maybe some super proficient 3D pros may not need this. But I flat out bet us common guys will appreciate the difference! I do.
LMH
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:19 AM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
me too....I enjoyed using the kit.....for me...Soko kit + turnbuckle = easier setups
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:26 AM
Joined Jun 2012
215 Posts
I still don't understand why no heli kit comes with turnbuckles all-over... besides the KDS Agile 5.5.
Soko
Old Apr 29, 2014, 09:45 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
no idea.....hopefully all helis will have those in the near future
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Apr 30, 2014, 03:22 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,404 Posts
Luvmyhelis says that he gets a measurement to the hundredth (.01) vs. only a tenth (such as .1) for resolution, yet all the pictures of the Soko gauge in the latest manual only show measurements to a tenth. So has the pitch gauge been changed to read in hundredth's?
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Apr 30, 2014, 05:12 PM
Joined Jun 2012
215 Posts
Hi.
I think its a typo of him. If not I hope he can answer the question. Im curious too

Fact is: The Soko Gauge has a resolution of one tenth (0.1) degrees... and there is no new version

We investigated the market and technology - and we keep a constant eye on it.
But an angle gauge with a resolution of 0.01 degrees and a corresponding accuracy costs as much as a 700 size heli

Anyways: with the "slop" you get, even in the high quality kits, an accuracy of 0.01 degrees wont matter.

Soko
Old May 02, 2014, 07:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
I think I must have been on a pain med overdose the day I said that.....
Old Jun 20, 2014, 06:09 AM
Joined Jun 2012
215 Posts
IRCHA & T-Shirts

Hey guys,

For those who don't know yet:
We're gonna be a vendor with our own 20x20 feet tent at this years IRCHA Jamboree from 6ht to the 10th of August. So if you're there please come by and say hi! You will get the chance to see our new product which makes the setup of all your helicopters even more easier.

In addition we'd like to give you the opportunity to get one of our highly limited Soko Heli Tools T-Shirts. Pick it up at IRCHA or get it shipped to your door. For more details see here.

Soko

Old Aug 10, 2014, 06:17 PM
AMA 1046820
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2013
1,023 Posts
It was really cool to meet you guys at IRCHA this year!

I picked up the Kit Yesterday, and I have my heli dialed in now thanks to Soko heli Tools!

One tool to rule them all? Absolutely!

If you guys are coming to IRCHA next year, I'd be glad to help out at the booth!
Powerdyne is online now Find More Posts by Powerdyne
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2014, 06:22 PM
Joined Jun 2012
215 Posts
Sweet as, man! Was my pleasure. It's been awesome but exhausting too. We can use any help. So I will be able to see the things that go on at IRCHA as well
Take care and enjoy the Soko Kit