SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:43 PM
Budapest, Hungary
Joined Mar 2005
281 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone f27Q Stryker 180 parts questions

I bought the Stryker to cannibalize for its components. On sale at $69 it was by far the cheapest way to get into brushless, servo systems. I have several brushed, actuator systems. Now that I see how nice it is, I think I'll fly it for a while first. Since I can't take it apart yet, coul someone tell me:

1. The approximate weight of the 180 motor with wires and mount? Is it closer to the 5 gram or the 10 gram motor size?

2. Are the servos connected using a Y-harness or is each one plugged in separately to the RX?

3. Listed weight for the servoless Stryker AR6400NBL is 7.8 grams. The AR6400LBL which has two servos on board is listed as the same weight. Is this really correct? With no servos on board, what brings the weight up to the same as the servo RX?

I am currently in the States, but live overseas and need to take all the correct stuff back. I need to get any other accesories like connectors, etc. to make sure I have what I need when I start building over there.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bruce
PietenpolAC is offline Find More Posts by PietenpolAC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:05 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,644 Posts
Hi Bruce,
Motor with prop and mount is 10.5gr
Receiver with battery and motor connector is 5.6gr
Rudder servo are connected with a Y-harness
I have the gear removed, let me know if you need anything else.
Mike
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:18 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Hobby king has the servo connectors, now, to adapt their rotary servos to 1.0mm connectors
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:17 AM
Budapest, Hungary
Joined Mar 2005
281 Posts
Mike and UNGN,

Thanks for the info. That is just what I need to know. I have a few more questions that you might be able to help me with.

1. Is the battery connector on the RX the same size as the Turnigy Nanotech one cells, like 130, 160, etc.? Or is it larger? For that matter are the Nanotech connectors the same on both their one cell and two cell batteies? I want to do some one cell brushless setups and also some two cell and am trying to get by with as few components as possible.

2. I'm assuming the servo connectors on the RX end are the JST-XH? If so then I guess I can only use the HK 5320 and 5330 and linear servos with it. The larger 3-4 gram servos have the JST(?) connector and hence wouldn't be compatible without a connector change? If I wanted to use the larger servos with the Styrker RX, where can I get the connectors to change to fit the RX? Do I need a crimping tool to connect them or is it pretty simple with standard tools, soldering?

3. Is the HK Turnigy 1811 2900 kv motor the about the same class as the Stryker motor? For that matter the HK 18-11 2000 kv motor? I was looking to use the HK 18-11 in a Flying Stryo Corsair with an airframe weight of about 60 grams before electronics (final AUW about 110-120 grams). The E-Flite motor just seems too small to handle it. I'd like to use a 6" prop if possible.

I'm trying to get all the right stuff to be as interchangeable as possible before I get back overseas only to realize I have one part missing that kills the whole project.

Thanks,
Bruce
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:45 AM
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,644 Posts
I can't help you with most of that but I did take some pictures that maybe some assistance.

1) I believe the battery connector is different. I do know it is not the same as the 1s UM batteries. I have no nano tech batteries, they all died long ago. I use Hyperion and Thunder power almost exclusivly.

2) HK 5320 has a different connector than the Stryker rx. I have the crimper and parts to put any connector anywhere I need it. Someone else will have to tell you what/where to get adapters but I believe they are available.

3) Can't help you much here but I did take shots of motors I do have for comparasion purposes. I build most of my own motors from scratch. I did use that 5 gram motor on a micro 2s copy of the piaget with a 5030 prop.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:44 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,390 Posts
rc-connectors.com has lots of adaptors or pigtails.

The battery connector on the Stryker is the same as the Beast I believe. Standard Eflight 2S balance connector used for both balancing and power connection in the plane.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:10 PM
Budapest, Hungary
Joined Mar 2005
281 Posts
Mike and Pete,

Thanks for the further info. The pictures were very helpful. It seems that the
regular AR6400 and the AR6400 brushless RX's have different battery connectors, the non-brushless assuming one will use 1 cell UM type batteries and the brushless assuming 2 cell use.

I guess the HK5320 connectors are really for the Orange RX410/415. And it seems that the Orange 410/415 servo connectors are different again than the Orange 610. I want to buy a 415 and a 610 and the appropriate 1.7-2.0 and 3.5-4.0 servos respectively.

If anyone following this knows if the Orange RX410/415 and the Orange RX610 have the same or different servo connectors, that would be very helpful for me to know.

Bruce
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:08 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
adapter connector
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Aug 1999
2,390 Posts
[QUOTE=PietenpolAC;23596066]
If anyone following this knows if the Orange RX410/415 and the Orange RX610 have the same or different servo connectors, that would be very helpful for me to know.[QUOTE]

Orange 610 are standard size JR connectors. The 410 are smaller. Bigger than the AR6400 size but smaller than the AR6300 size. Too many standards!

Note the Orange 410 and the Tanic equipment in the GP micro F-86 use the same connectors.

Pete
Last edited by Petefoss; Dec 23, 2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: typo in last line 410 not 610
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:31 PM
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,644 Posts
HK5320 connectors fit the orange 415 rx. 410 and 610 use larger, shelless pins.

Be careful ordering connector adapters from HobbyKing, their connectors are not always as stated, check the reviews.

www.rc-connectors.com is more reliable.
Last edited by mcross; Dec 22, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:05 AM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
The HK5320 servo & Orange 415 uses Molex connectors (1.25mm pitch)same as FlyDream 1 Gr Rx and a few others. 410 uses regular (.100" pitch)connectors and the AR-6300 uses Mini-Jst(1.5mm pitch,center negative), the AR-6400 is 1mm pitch. Its a real jungle out there and HK fuzzy description doesn't help! rc-connectors.com, that post has a picture of the 3 types:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...89&postcount=4
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:32 PM
Budapest, Hungary
Joined Mar 2005
281 Posts
Thanks Coriolan.

It is a mess out there. I finally got all the connectors for my brushed systems figured out and now I've got to start all over again with brushless. I'm sure I'll get back to Budapest and find out I'm missing one connector that shuts down a whole project. So I'm buying all kinds of connectors whether I think I need them or not just to be on the safe side.

Bruce
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:09 PM
Budapest, Hungary
Joined Mar 2005
281 Posts
Anyone,

What's the difference between a Molex with 1.25 spacing and a micro-JST with 1.25 spacing? Seems the HK5320 fits the OrangeRX415, but they are both described having two different connectors, Molex and micro-JST.

What's the difference between a JST, a JST-XH and a micro-JST? From Coriolan's link it seems there is also a JST-SH and a JST-P?(or something different yet again). Is there a website that shows the names and a picture of all the various types of connectors? RC-Connectors is the best I've found so far, but even then it is still confusing since I don't have a physical example of all on my table.

Is a standard JR/Futaba/etc the same as a JST?

What servo connector does the OrangeRX610 use?

Sorry for all the questions, but I guess I'll keep asking as long as people are patient to answer.

Bruce

Also for batteries it seems that some two cells have a charging plug that might be a JST while the balance plug is a JST-XH and the plugs look like two different styles all together. Not just a smaller/larger version of the other. My question confusion is that if it is a "JST or JST whatever, " then at least the plugs should look pretty similar.

Bruce
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Aug 1999
2,390 Posts
As I said above, the 610 uses standard size JR servo connectors.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:20 PM
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,644 Posts
Bruce, it is very confusing for a few reasons.
HK is often wrong in their description of plugs/recepticles, often confusing JST with Molex.
JST is a manufacturer, as is Molex.
Both have many "series" and pitches of conectors.
Besides connector differences there is also differences in the order of the S+- wires.
Then you have the gender confusion, shell or electrical contact. I use plug and recepticle to avoid confusion.

Molex uses "blades" while JST uses round pins. I have put Molex 1.25mm blade plugs into JST 1.5mm pin recepticles with success, but not the other way around.

The 5320 servos and 415 I have both have Molex Pico Blade 1.25 connectors. I'm not sure what current production is using. Mine were bought this past spring. Current pictures of the servo do not show the connector. It may have changed like the color, mine are orange.

The 610 uses .1" pitch "regular" servo connectors as used on larger planes.

Basically I'm telling you that you are doomed and will not have what you need when you get back to Budapest, sorry.

I gave in a long time ago and got the crimper, shells and contacts.
Last edited by mcross; Dec 25, 2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: JST ZH are 1.5mm not 1.25mm