SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:57 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I am using two JR9503's with two R921 receivers. One for the S800 operator and the other for the camera operator. That is why my comment on the Dx18 is starting to look good for an attempt at doing a single operator job. But I know that I am not up to controlling 16 channels while flying and trying to set up a shot. I think that to use this system as it was designed takes two operators. Some of the early DJI footage for the Z15 shows that they were using two as well.
I agree with the 2 man operation.

When customers ask about a 1 man operation w/3 axis gimbal and video downlink I ask if they are pro pilots.

I have the DX18 and it is sweet.
Its bigger and heavier than my DX8 though and I dont like/use neck straps.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:54 PM
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
506 Posts
i received mine from fpv4ever and it doesn't work !!! i have tried all the day on my s800 + z15 but nothing black screen . i don't know if i have miss something.
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:03 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
i received mine from fpv4ever and it doesn't work !!! i have tried all the day on my s800 + z15 but nothing black screen . i don't know if i have miss something.
Can you show us your set up? It's kinda hard to trouble shoot with out some pictures. Just an FYI mine arrived with the leads from the GUI to the iOSD were not correct. You might want to check that. Also what vTx are you using and how is it connected?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:41 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I am using two JR9503's with two R921 receivers. One for the S800 operator and the other for the camera operator. That is why my comment on the Dx18 is starting to look good for an attempt at doing a single operator job. But I know that I am not up to controlling 16 channels while flying and trying to set up a shot. I think that to use this system as it was designed takes two operators. Some of the early DJI footage for the Z15 shows that they were using two as well.
This is the whole reason I purchased a DX10t Ed. I bought it solely for the sliders in the center of the transmitter. Watching Holger use the sliders on the Graupner MC32, it was clear that would be much easier than trying to use dials on the top (8FG) or dials on the sides.

I am also considering to try out using the finger and thumb buttons on the sticks for pitch and yaw, this way I won't have to move my fingers off the sticks at all. It will just have to come with practice to see what is easiest. Trying to manage pitch,roll, yaw, altitude of the copter and pitch and yaw of a gimbal with 10 fingers and 1 brain will pose a high learning curve I imagine.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Mar 2010
506 Posts
Ok it's fine now i thought it could work without the camera to have only info on a black screen but you need to plug a camera. i don't have the green lines like on the video demo an the flight mode status doesn't work.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:00 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
you MUST upgrade to 5.14 to get osd data on screen
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:14 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Sid4ways, you are a much better pilot than I am. I have enough problems with 8 Channels. I am glad it works for you.[

QUOTE=Sid3ways;22983177]This is the whole reason I purchased a DX10t Ed. I bought it solely for the sliders in the center of the transmitter. Watching Holger use the sliders on the Graupner MC32, it was clear that would be much easier than trying to use dials on the top (8FG) or dials on the sides.

I am also considering to try out using the finger and thumb buttons on the sticks for pitch and yaw, this way I won't have to move my fingers off the sticks at all. It will just have to come with practice to see what is easiest. Trying to manage pitch,roll, yaw, altitude of the copter and pitch and yaw of a gimbal with 10 fingers and 1 brain will pose a high learning curve I imagine. [/QUOTE]
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:40 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Hi guys, I was wondering.... What are the 8 channels used for the camera control? Also, what is all of the equipment you are using for video feed and camera control? I know you are using the iOSD, 5.8ghz tx/rx, NEX5, etc., but I'm wondering about the batteries, goggles, as well as everything between the iOSD and the JR receiver. Any info would be highly appreciated!

BTW, what's the latest news on the green like "Ruling" camera transmitter with the built in LCD that DJI recently presented?
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Also, what is the video 3-position used for? In other words, what would be the reason for changing video feeds from the NEX5 for example? Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:19 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
One three position switch for mode, one three position switch for switching video source and and vTx channels, a two position switch for shutter control, tilt, roll and yaw, a two position switch for HDMI and a two position switch for camera straight ahead or pointing down. So actually just 7. The iOSD connects to the DJI video down link. I use visux 920 with the ski goggle mod. The vRx and vTx have the DJI CP enclosed antennas. That is about it.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Thanks Ed! Going to experiment now with my Dx10t...
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Mar 2010
506 Posts
i have a new problem. when the iosd is connected everything i OK but i loose the video signal as soon as motors start running ( immersion RC VTX 5,8ghz) . Any idea ?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:20 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Try running a separate lipo to power the vTx. You may be drawing too much current.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined Mar 2010
506 Posts
immersion RC VTX run 2 to 6s and iOSD output for TX is battery voltage, so 6s, it must be good. but i wonder if i have to plug the ground on video or only video signal because there is already ground on power.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:21 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Before the DJI I was using the Immersion with my GoPro and I had the ground on the video out and the ground on the power side. I was not using the Z15 or the iOSD at that time. I did not have a problem.
Site Sponsor