HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:51 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
A bone stock F-27c in level flight will go in the high 70's. I ran a doppler on the promo video and got a reading of 91.1 mph. PZ wants to keep the new Strykers park flyer statis so they are downplaying its speed and I can't blame them. They know we are going to mod them up to crazy speeds.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2011, 01:38 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,848 Posts
True F-27C speeds.

APC E 6X5.5 prop upgrade raises the 100% stock F-27C speed from mid 60"s up to about 71 MPH or so on radar.

Mid 60's MPH per numerous different people using their radars.

80 MPH capable F-27C means in big dive and with tail wind.

Hopefully the true measured radar speeds of the new bird will be posted by new owners before long.

*** I would feel very sad for the first people who post inflated numbers as their measured speed....they will be called out in due time.

Hopefully people will comment if they flew into 5 MPH head wind, or if there was 10 MPH tail wind, or if they came out of a slight dive etc etc.

Have fun and enjoy the new F-27Q

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:20 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,280 Posts
If the new Q is faster than my slightly modded C I'll be happy. I have my EDF's for speed runs.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:30 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,642 Posts
Gryphon ole buddy! How ya doing?
Have not flown my modded Strykers for a long time. This one looks interesting.
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:52 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,848 Posts
AeroRecon,

Good to see you around.

I hope to see some of your F-27C pics and videos on the F-27C thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...61678&page=856

By the way...keep in mind that with your 16/25/3C , you can always add another cell or two....or three.

The old 2000W limit on Stryker has been pushed to over 4000W with bigger motors.

Keep your eye on the F-27C thread....if all goes well for my friend, there will be a 200 MPH Doppler pass posted after this weekend. (level pass, averaged from both directions to account for any wind).

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Apr 14, 2011, 08:39 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
Undoubtedly Gryphons figures are correct he is one of the Stryker Gods from the Darkside Strykers on RCUniverse. I was guessing cause neither of my F-27's are stock. One has a 64mm EDF and the other has a Grayson Super Mega Jet V2 pulled from my now deceased Funjet. Either way if the new F-27Q will do around 90 it is a fairly big step up in speed over the F-27C. I still can't wait.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:56 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Undoubtedly Gryphons figures are correct he is one of the Stryker Gods from the Darkside Strykers on RCUniverse. I was guessing cause neither of my F-27's are stock. One has a 64mm EDF and the other has a Grayson Super Mega Jet V2 pulled from my now deceased Funjet. Either way if the new F-27Q will do around 90 it is a fairly big step up in speed over the F-27C. I still can't wait.
Why would you say that it goes in the mid,high 70's if your not sure??
Its best to state solid info,not guessing.

Alsmost like saying that the F-27q can barely handle 3s
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:48 AM
old pilot
Rapid City SD
Joined Dec 2007
3,822 Posts
The PZ Stryker C has been wonderful fun for lots of us. I've been worried PZ may discontinue it, and I have an extra airframe and have saved pieces just in case.

Over the past couple years I've gone through 4 Stryker C airframes with mods and lots thumping when trying moves. I found sticking the nose back on is a pain, and magnets work way better. I repainted all of them so the top and bottom look different so I can keep track. The extra CF reinforcing to prevent flexing and the banana Stryker shape from happening when you wring it out takes a lot of work. I did rudders on one but they weren't big enough to do decent flat turns or spins. I thought about remounting the stronger motor lower in line with the wing for more speed and same upright/inverted performance, but that would be a bunch of work.

Now it looks to me that Quique Somenzini has designed what a lot of us have been wanting for a long time, and ParkZone is a very safe bet for quality. It costs just a little more than the Stryker C, and to me worth every penny. I'm waiting impatiently for mine to get here (paid for), and the weather should be great about then. Some guys wanna go fast, but speed and a full range of wild moves is what grabs me

This new tiger is a different kind of cat and certainly deserves it's own thread

Icky
Ickarusmelt is offline Find More Posts by Ickarusmelt
Last edited by Ickarusmelt; Apr 15, 2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:49 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Ickarusmelt-

Your absolutely right about the stryker Q needing its own thread...it has nothing in common with the standard styker except the name...infomation from the old stryker thread dont apply here...totally different bird...you will still be able to buy the old stryker fuses so I dont see a need to stock up on them...if you look around you can still find the early stryker fuses from 6 years ago...so that shouldnt be a problem...
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:05 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,280 Posts
HH usually supplies parts for discontinued planes for at least 6-9+ months after. I can still get parts from HH for my Deuces Wild and it has been discontinued for some time now.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:08 PM
Everything is Upgradeable.
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2010
1,030 Posts
I had the chance to pick one up at a show and look at it from all angles. The motor a 480 with much higher kv rating. As an owner of both stock and modified strykers I can tell you they did their homework. Its more like a funjet as far as how little you will bave to modify the frame. The plastic center section can be modified in so many ways to use larger motors down the road. The sure had a blast flying them at SEFF. I asked the
An who designed it and was told that the only change will be stronger magnets for the nose piece.
postalflyer72 is offline Find More Posts by postalflyer72
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:36 AM
accidental ignition
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Link? Who from HH said this about which product?
Hey Dave, I'm sure the new F27Q stryker will be a hit.....looks real good.

I enjoy the F27C and have built five of them. This plane has so many great attributes it would be difficult to list them all.

Just wanted to say there was one glaring weak point with the F27C and that is the stock motor mount. That thing sometimes does not last the first flight before breaking. Is is difficult to understand how companies with the resources, abilities, and good reputation to uphold like parkzone/horizon would allow such a piece of total garbage as that motor mount to not only go into production...but was never upgraded. It's really frustrating and disheartening for any hobbyist to spend $200 or more for an otherwise great product only to be quickly sidelined and unable to fly a new plane because of such an easily preventable issue like this. A high performance F27C deserved better than that cheap razor thin plastic instant failure part.

Thanks for listening.
NOTAR 600 is online now Find More Posts by NOTAR 600
Last edited by NOTAR 600; Apr 19, 2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:51 AM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
613 Posts
^ I have been flying my Stryker F27C for almost four years and I never had any issues with the motor mount. I have planted it rather harshly on the ground a few times as well without any issues. I think "instant failure part" is a bit of an exageration! Anyways, it appears that the new Q has a revised motor mount from the pics that are available.
markarch is offline Find More Posts by markarch
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:50 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,187 Posts
Saw this bird at SEFF a few days ago. Lets just say, "Yeah, I'm getting one!!!"

I'll be posting video from the noon demo soon.
Moonbeam is online now Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Apr 19, 2011, 01:59 PM
Miami, FL
Joined Mar 2007
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAR 600 View Post
Hey Dave, I'm sure the new F27Q stryker will be a hit.....looks real good.

I enjoy the F27C and have built five of them. This plane has so many great attributes it would be difficult to list them all.

Just wanted to say there was one glaring weak point with the F27C and that is the stock motor mount. That thing sometimes does not last the first flight before breaking. Is is difficult to understand how companies with the resources, abilities, and good reputation to uphold like parkzone/horizon would allow such a piece of total garbage as that motor mount to not only go into production...but was never upgraded. It's really frustrating and disheartening for any hobbyist to spend $200 or more for an otherwise great product only to be quickly sidelined and unable to fly a new plane because of such an easily preventable issue like this. A high performance F27C deserved better than that cheap razor thin plastic instant failure part.

Thanks for listening.
It breaks in flight without crashing? I find that hard to believe. I've had my f27c since the original release and have never broken the motor mount, ever. I have broken countless props from low fly bys and belly flops but the mount is still going strong.
Figure.N9ne is offline Find More Posts by Figure.N9ne