HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:52 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,834 Posts
It is good to know that mine isn't the only one with that warping, though mine seems more severe. Since you notice no ill effects from it, it may only slightly effect mine in theory. I am going to sleep on it with your input. I have customer service calling me back tomorrow after they speak with their manager to help with the logostics of getting this big thing back to them (the UPS place is a 40 minute drive from where I live). I may just keep it unless they are rude again.

Thank you. I truly appreciate the input.

GB
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,686 Posts
Hi GB,

The beauty of foam planes is that they will fly, and quite well, with all sorts of mis-alignment, warpage, etc., provided that design is proper in the first place. Speak to guys who have been flying their T-28s and Corsairs for seven or more years. I guarantee that the planes have all sorts of glue, misalignment and warped surfaces, yet they continue to fly incredibly well. Same for the PZ Wildcat. It's a terrific plane and you will love flying it, even with all of the imperfections that you mentioned.

However, there is no excuse for the plane to have been delivered to you in that condition. It definitely is not up to PZ quality control standards. Planes in that condition are usually farmed out by HH to Hobb-e-mart to sell on Ebay as a factory blem. HH customer care is superb and is unrivaled in the industry. The people that you deal with are human, and every once in a while a person who is not up to HH standards is hired. Sounds like you experienced such a person. Next time just calmly ask to speak to a supervisor.

HH knows that their customer support is legendary and that a good deal of their sales go to repeat customers. I'm sure that they will do right by you. Meanwhile, put that sucker together and "Just Fly".
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:52 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,578 Posts
GBL, just so we warned you-- the elevator plastic piece will break so keep an eye on it if you decide to keep the plane. It just gets fatigued through use.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:11 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
I am with GB, they need to fix their lack of QC on their planes, a plane like you have there should have been pulled off the line. They are easy fixes and to a point I think HH is relying on the consumer to just fix this stuff and go fly.

I do love their products but I really really want them to get their stuff together. I still like their products and I do think for the most part they are superior to the competition but the competition is closing the gap or more like HH is allowing that gap to close with their lack of QC.
I agree, I have bought much better planes at Hobbycity than the one GB got from Parkzone.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:16 PM
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2011
183 Posts
Well just put my 100th flight on my Wildcat. A bit more glue than new but still flies as nice as day one. As to the warping in the ailerons, you will never notice it. I have some foam planes beat to nothing, warped real bad in multiple directions, still flying true. Also I believe Horizon will take care of you, just get a different rep or a manager.
mxz1998 is offline Find More Posts by mxz1998
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:39 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,834 Posts
I think their legendary service needs to be described in another way that is less flattering. I got a rude e-mail this morning from the customer service rep I spoke with after the bad experience I had with product support yesterday. I did call back today asking to speak with a supervisor and he was polite, but there was nothing special about it. In fact, he balked at sending me a new set of wings and tried to get me to just send the plane back for a new one instead citing that the replacement wings don't come with the servos attached. Based on this experience, I don't think I want a new one or anything from HH in the future. I don't want to have to deal with this sort of thing again when legendary customer service is the expectation. I will pay less and get lower rated customer service elsewhere if everything stands as it does now.

I did send the supervisor pictures after our conversation this afternoon, even more than those I posted on here, so we will see what tomorrow brings. At this point, my expectations are quite low and this is likely my last post in this thread
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:50 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,343 Posts
[QUOTE=GBLynden;23030884]I think their legendary service needs to be described in another way that is less flattering. I got a rude e-mail this morning from the customer service rep I spoke with after the bad experience I had with product support yesterday. I did call back today asking to speak with a supervisor and he was polite, but there was nothing special about it. In fact, he balked at sending me a new set of wings and tried to get me to just send the plane back for a new one instead citing that the replacement wings don't come with the servos attached. Based on this experience, I don't think I want a new one or anything from HH in the future. I don't want to have to deal with this sort of thing again when legendary customer service is the expectation. I will pay less and get lower rated customer service elsewhere if everything stands as it does now.

I did send the supervisor pictures after our conversation this afternoon, even more than those I posted on here, so we will see what tomorrow brings. At this
point, my expectations are quite low and this is likely my last post in this thread [/

I've never had any trouble with them over the phone. They won't send you wings but they'll replace the plane. Sounds good too me. Keep the batt and the rx to cover your shipping cost. Send it usps parcel post and it won't cost more than 15 or 17 dollars.
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:59 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Jun 2009
113 Posts
Where did you order this Wildcat from?
If the quality is not up to par send it back?
Next time buy local open up the box look inside!I am sure HH will help you out.
thcgmac is offline Find More Posts by thcgmac
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Dec 2009
372 Posts
I've had mine for almost a year now. I bought it because it was a good looking, affordable plane!

Mine had some of your issues with the exception of the warped ailerons. I kind of expect them in an inexpensive park flyer, I called HH and they offered to take it back or send me new parts, it took a while to get them so I just started flying it and it's now my "go to" plane. The elevator tab wrinkle was duplicated on the new parts too so it seems to be a molding issue but it has held together well!

HH is more expensive because they and parts are more available than most. You just have to decide if it's worth it.
Yeti1234 is offline Find More Posts by Yeti1234
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:32 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,578 Posts
Man, no wonder parkzone has had issues. They are busy handling all those returns. I have Six Parkzone planes and they all had a few issues, but they all flew great with the exception of the Stinson SR 10. Honestly, there is a forest out there if you can see past the trees.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:44 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,873 Posts
Mine flys superbly...hands off, in fact, at half throttle, even with warped ailerons.

Sorry GBL had problems with his; this sort of thing happens with RC modeling.

I still love mine !
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:49 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,834 Posts
[QUOTE=ryramZ;23030995]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
I think their legendary service needs to be described in another way that is less flattering. I got a rude e-mail this morning from the customer service rep I spoke with after the bad experience I had with product support yesterday. I did call back today asking to speak with a supervisor and he was polite, but there was nothing special about it. In fact, he balked at sending me a new set of wings and tried to get me to just send the plane back for a new one instead citing that the replacement wings don't come with the servos attached. Based on this experience, I don't think I want a new one or anything from HH in the future. I don't want to have to deal with this sort of thing again when legendary customer service is the expectation. I will pay less and get lower rated customer service elsewhere if everything stands as it does now.

I did send the supervisor pictures after our conversation this afternoon, even more than those I posted on here, so we will see what tomorrow brings. At this
point, my expectations are quite low and this is likely my last post in this thread [/

I've never had any trouble with them over the phone. They won't send you wings but they'll replace the plane. Sounds good too me. Keep the batt and the rx to cover your shipping cost. Send it usps parcel post and it won't cost more than 15 or 17 dollars.
They will be paying for the shipping as they should. I wouldn't do that anyway though, that is not how I roll. At this point, a new plane does not appeal to me. I am going to get my money back and give it to another company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcgmac View Post
Where did you order this Wildcat from?
If the quality is not up to par send it back?
Next time buy local open up the box look inside!I am sure HH will help you out.
I bought it directly from HH. I plan on sending it back, getting my money back, and not doing business with them in the future. I had a HH discount, plus no tax to pay with free shipping. I wouldn't have bought the plane otherwise.

HH has been pretty weak with their response so far, which is why I am even posting about it. Had they handled it correctly to begin with, I would be happy instead up upset.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:07 AM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Man, no wonder parkzone has had issues. They are busy handling all those returns. I have Six Parkzone planes and they all had a few issues, but they all flew great with the exception of the Stinson SR 10. Honestly, there is a forest out there if you can see past the trees.
I agree with you about the Stinson - I have the hardest time getting this thing off the ground without a torque roll. Othewise it flys OK.
Hink64 is offline Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:58 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,287 Posts
It's a shame, I really like the look of the Stinson
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:57 PM
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2011
183 Posts
If they want to send you a new plane, I believe that would be pretty good service. The other companies won't even talk to you, never mind actually help you. But, your money, your call. As for me, Horizon will be seeing more of my money.
mxz1998 is offline Find More Posts by mxz1998