SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:21 PM
Springfield, VA USA
Joined Sep 2008
341 Posts
Loungesong, The UMX Carbon Cub would be an interesting step up from the Apprentice. It flies comfortably in a small park and can be equipped with floats if you have water handy. My 350 QX is too big to fly comfortably in the park behind my house, but my 200 QX seems just right for its confines. Thing is, a quad will fly just as happily sideways as it will fly forward. If you want to progress, I suggest you learn good technique with fixed wing before flying quads. The guys who transition from fixed wing to quads appear to fly far more competently than fliers who first learn to fly a quad.
AH-64 D is offline Find More Posts by AH-64 D
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:54 PM
United States, IN, Martinsville
Joined Mar 2014
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by codys View Post
I have to check these floats out, as I want to add them to my Apprentice. I hear that the new Apprentice-SAFE floats do not fit the old Apprentice.
The floats will fit the old Apprentice if you change out the firewall with one from the S 15e.

-Jeff
Old_RC_Guy is offline Find More Posts by Old_RC_Guy
Old Aug 28, 2014, 02:30 PM
Luke A.F.B., AZ
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined Aug 2009
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDen View Post
I passed on this plane because of the rubber bands. Very poor solution to the wing hold down issue. Reminds me of the super cheap trainers of long ago. I didn't like them then and I refuse to buy one now, especially at that price.
I also flew the daylights out my Apprentice and NEVER had any issues with the rubber band mounted wing even when I had 2 Power 10s on home made nacelles. The Apprentice made a great float plane with the twin set up too. I used the Seaplane Supply Floats, and she was loads of fun!
I have a couple videos from when I was float flying, I'll get them loaded up.
SubyDude is offline Find More Posts by SubyDude
Last edited by SubyDude; Aug 28, 2014 at 03:28 PM.