HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2014, 02:00 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,096 Posts
Mine is not hard core heli , she loves to watch me fly helis (crash lol) she wants a quad but flys my fp helis , my heli room is well sorted all in boxes with labels so i know whats in them , i build and test , she flys thats it so working on a pink quad lol keeps her happy , well she will help with the airwolf build as i cant get my hands inside to sort out the wires from scale nav lights , team work
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2014, 04:17 PM
I win again!! - mother gravity
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,500 Posts
neil is a lucky guysounds like a perfect balance...his wife is not RC crazy, but has some light interest
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Mar 08, 2014, 10:03 PM
Joined Mar 2014
3 Posts
A good wife should see that her hubby has an inner child and it needs to come out. 11th helicopter, 100th helicopter, it doesn't matter--it's about supporting whatever you enjoy in life.

Something tells me, by the humorous tone in your story, you've got a great wife!
valliloves is offline Find More Posts by valliloves
Old Mar 09, 2014, 01:45 AM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
515 Posts
Yeah my wife is awesome, in answer to my giving her a bunch of parts.. She researched what they sell for and has them all listed and about a third already sold

Two weeks ago she did announce to me that she had bought a spa pool for the deck. I've a while to go with my micros and spares for my 450 to match that.
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
Old Mar 09, 2014, 08:09 AM
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,500 Posts
i think that's her nice way of saying: "it's war!!!"
Old Mar 09, 2014, 12:53 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,096 Posts
Hey you can buy a water proof quad now to test in the spa pool , also a nice 450 scale heli with floats that will be a fun landing zone
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Mar 09, 2014, 05:15 PM
Seahawks
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2014
308 Posts
Wife GOING mad?!?! DOH
Palm Desert Heli is offline Find More Posts by Palm Desert Heli
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:12 PM
Livin' the Dream
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Dec 2011
58 Posts
Yeah mine finally got fed up and gave me the ultimatum "Its me or the Helis"! Well the house isn't as clean as it use to be, and I mostly eat out now. I don't have to put the toilet seat down anymore, and you should see my Heli collection!! Life is GOOD and too short!
Promo is offline Find More Posts by Promo
Old Mar 10, 2014, 01:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher View Post
neil is a lucky guysounds like a perfect balance...his wife is not RC crazy, but has some light interest
I thank the Good Lord that I also got a keeper. She has no interest in helicopters but has no objection to me buying whatever I want. In fact whenever I tell her that I've ordered something she always comes out with "I don't know why you don't order like ten spares instead of just a couple at a time, you'll use them eventually".
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Mar 10, 2014, 05:06 PM
Joined Jan 2014
23 Posts
Women and men's hobbies or as she see's it, a fetish, don't always mix well...It might better to hide the woman and take the hobby out for a night on the town...Oops I think I might have that backwards..!!!
Bad Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Bad Pilot
Old Mar 10, 2014, 07:43 PM
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promo View Post
Yeah mine finally got fed up and gave me the ultimatum "Its me or the Helis"! Well the house isn't as clean as it use to be, and I mostly eat out now. I don't have to put the toilet seat down anymore, and you should see my Heli collection!! Life is GOOD and too short!
......... no comment...

ok, comment.....this is sad
Last edited by Flying Pitcher; Mar 10, 2014 at 07:43 PM. Reason: .
Old Mar 11, 2014, 08:45 PM
Livin' the Dream
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Dec 2011
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher View Post
......... no comment...

ok, comment.....this is sad
Actually I wouldn't have it any other way! Like it says under my nick....Livin the Dream
Promo is offline Find More Posts by Promo
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:26 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,943 Posts
When we treat ourselves to nice new heli, do something nice for your wife.
Wives see new toys show up they get to thinking..beware ! just be nice and say woiw looks like you lost some weight !! Try not to laugh to loud. Flowers/ dinner once in awhile. Helis are much smaller than big ole ARF Fixed wing.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 12, 2014, 02:04 PM
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,500 Posts
well, since this thread is sorta turning into marriage counseling for rc hobby people. i'd like a question...

Promo, i want to try to say this in a nice way, but umm, isn't it sort of selfish kind of thinking ? why get married if you want to live a dream? i always thought marriage is about living for each other? (and treat yourself a little every once in a while )

Dankar, hehe, for a thousand bucks you can buy a little 600size heli or you can get a pretty big plane ladies kinda start thinking...all that money for that little thing...? where's the rest of it?? what happened to the wings???

PaFlyer...great wife is a gift from the Lord proverbs 31