HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:44 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Help!
Package Lost? HK lying? Help!

I ordered about $90 worth of frsky parts and two life batteries on december 25th and paid for EMS shipping. Six days later on the 31st, my package finally shipped with swisspost, probably because of the batteries. I asked HK to refund the difference in shipping cost and they claimed that it would still be EMS, but through swiss post. I've never heard of swiss post having anything to do with EMS, only hong kong post. My EMS hong kong post package ordered at the same time, arrived awhile ago, but this order still isn't here. The last tracking info on the swiss post website says "2012-12-31 15:13:21 Departed warehouse SWISS POST HNG 852". The usps tracking number doesn't work at all.

Now I'm wondering if the shipment was lost or it's just really slow.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Last edited by gooby; Jan 05, 2013 at 08:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:49 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
Battery=3x shipping time. Last order for me took 30 full days with lipos.
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:59 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Which is why I think it's a lie that the shipping is still EMS.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:01 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
I am guessing its not lost by any means. I don't know the difference between EMS and EMS LIPO shipping on the site. Maybe it does get here a little faster? I know they have crazy stuff going on with lipo shipping right now from China/Japan. The tracking info usually doesnt update until it hits the US. Give it a few days and see if it turns up. I have honestly had packages in my hands that said "Preparing shipment" or something along those lines.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:41 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
I thought exactly what you thought when I ordered a bunch of parts and like 3 tiny lipos for micro airplanes. Live chat told me swiss post can ship EMS, and it did arrive express.

So yes, swiss post can be EMS (express), HK only uses it when there are lipos since their standard EMS carrier doesn't accept them.

Regardless, it wasn't exactly blazing fast but it was faster than normal.

EDIT: here was my complete information:

Tracking #9988X5467734
Order paid 10/20
Order shipped 10/26 (6 days?)
Then, on the swiss post tracking:
10/30 received data
11/1 passed customs and in california
11/3 delivered in boston

So the "express" part was once swiss post had it in their hands, but it still took hobbyking 10 days to do it.
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Last edited by Razor_Racer; Jan 05, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:32 AM
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
Now I'm wondering if the shipment was lost or it's just really slow.
Most likely it isn't lost. Just taking a very long time. Years ago I had a lipo order that took MONTHS to get to me. The tracking number they supplied didn't work for 3 weeks so there was no real point of checking it everyday. I was told to contact Swiss Post myself, because Hobby King couldn't be bothered with trying to help me out. This meant I had to wake up in the middle of the night, and phone the other side of the world. What I found out is that Hobby Kings "live" shipping methods they offered were not "live" at all, and several cheaper options were available that included lipo shipment.

My "express" shipping took longer than If I were to put it on a raft, and let it float to NA.

File a claim now with paypal or your CC company so if you are left waiting a few months, they already have a record of the incident.
RxFPV is offline Find More Posts by RxFPV
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:01 PM
United States, OR, Tigard
Joined Dec 2012
90 Posts
Ordered around the same time

Hey, just wanted to let you know I ordered around the same time as you and mine took almost 35 days to show up. I had lipos and all sorts of stuff in my box and no one at hobbyking could tell me where the box was. Eventually one day it just showed up. I know it sucks but give it some time, it could be held up at a number of different places.
jhiggy is offline Find More Posts by jhiggy
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:01 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,705 Posts
I very much doubt it's lost but because of all the new rules regarding Lipos being shipped on aircraft,a lot of the postal companies don't want the head ache when it comes to lipos,so HK has to use SP when they need to ship lipos as i think you might find they are the only ones that will or can ship them for what ever reason.

I know it's hard but try and be patient,remember once a parcel has left HK's warehouse it's then down to the postal service for how long it gets to you,no matter what service you use there can always be delays which are out of HK's hands,but their CS has improved loads in the last six months or so,i only say that as someone mentioned what HK's CS was like years ago.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:13 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
My order still hasn't arrived, and no tracking update.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:21 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
OK, so I just got an email from the hobbyking customer service after they investigated where the package was. It turns out that the package was sent back by customs and I have no idea why. It was two life batteries and a frsky module. It's ok since they will give me a refund, and I didn't need the stuff anyway.