HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:20 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
I don't know about revolutionize the hobby, but it helps eliminate one of the issue that we as manufacturers of radio systems have to deal with - user error. By separating the RF and servo outputs, we give the system a better chance of not having a bad installation.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Jan 31, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:27 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,010 Posts
So Jim, I'm still not clear on what a basic telemetry setup would look like. Let's say I just want to monitor flight pack voltage for an electric setup - what / whose equipment would I use? I have an i-phone if that makes any difference.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:18 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
You need a telemetry sensor that will measure flight pack voltage. That feature is not built into the system. Only Rx voltage and RSSI (signal strength) is built into the system without needing any extra sensors. So, anything else requires a specific sensor.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined May 2002
237 Posts
So Jim how about the Jeti Telemetry Sensor Li-Poly Battery MULi 6s EX. The MULi6s EX sensor is used with a Duplex receiver to monitor the voltage of your (up to) 6 cell Lithium battery pack.
How would this hook up to i assume using the DivBee receiver and expander board? and what would need to be set up, would i need to set it up with the device programer and a computer?
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:14 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Yes. Just like the Hitec's sensor display shows the Rx voltage. The signal strength (RSSI) shows up in the GPS signal strength, even though there is no real GPS - it was a convenient way to show the strength since Hitec does not offer this feature.
I've tried that with 8 and 10 channel Rx's and I get nothing that shows Rx voltage. What am I missing? So I guess I need a telemetry sensor?
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:31 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich View Post
So Jim how about the Jeti Telemetry Sensor Li-Poly Battery MULi 6s EX. The MULi6s EX sensor is used with a Duplex receiver to monitor the voltage of your (up to) 6 cell Lithium battery pack.
How would this hook up to i assume using the DivBee receiver and expander board? and what would need to be set up, would i need to set it up with the device programer and a computer?
We are not supporting the JETI sensors.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:32 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
I've tried that with 8 and 10 channel Rx's and I get nothing that shows Rx voltage. What am I missing? So I guess I need a telemetry sensor?
Did you enable the telemetry output in the receiver? This requires the XDP.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Feb 02, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:13 PM
Joined Apr 2006
218 Posts
Quote:
Did you enable the telemetry output in the receiver? This requires the XDP.
Did not, but I think that is the answer I was looking for. Thanks. I have the XDP.
Last edited by tholmes345; Feb 02, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:56 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
Quote:
Did not, but I think that is the answer I was looking for. Thanks. I have the XDP.
Put the receiver into programming mode. Then find the receiver and get its settings. There is a TELEMETRY button. Click it. You will then see the option to set the telemetry rate and type. Set the type to be Tx/PC instead of PC only. Set the rate to 10 unless you need faster updates. 10 is every 10th frame, which is about 2 times per second. Exit out of that option and UPDATE the settings.

Now, you will get telemetry information in the EVO's or Aurora9's display.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:20 PM
Joined Apr 2006
218 Posts
Quote:
Put the receiver into programming mode. Then find the receiver and get its settings. There is a TELEMETRY button. Click it. You will then see the option to set the telemetry rate and type. Set the type to be Tx/PC instead of PC only. Set the rate to 10 unless you need faster updates. 10 is every 10th frame, which is about 2 times per second. Exit out of that option and UPDATE the settings.

Now, you will get telemetry information in the EVO's or Aurora9's display.
That sounds easy enough. What I have to do now is get my computer to recognize the XDP. I keep getting a USB error. But thanks anyway.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:29 AM
Joined Apr 2006
218 Posts
I need help. I have done everything I know to do to make my Windows 7 OS to recognize the XDP hardware. When I plug in the XDP I get the sound that says it's there but when I click the program the error comes up that the hardware is not connected. I would love to use the XDP stuff but as it is now, I only have a couple little plastic boxes with a circuit board inside. I have downloaded all the newest releases from Xtreme.

It seems to me that all of this should be much easier that it has been. The hardware worked when I was running Windows XP. Until recently I have not tried to use with Window 7.

Any help will greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:42 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
The XDP works with Windows 95 through Windows 8. You need to install the software while in Administrator mode. What error messages (exactly) do you see? Some versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8 do not come with the Visual Studio runtime libraries pre-installed, so those have to be installed separately.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:56 PM
Joined Apr 2006
218 Posts
errors

These are the errors I get. As well as 0x8002801c. I hope this helps you determine what I am doing wrong. I am always logged as administrator.

Thanks,

Tom
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:58 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
Turn off any anti-virus software, unplug the XDP, and then re-install the XDP software. Afterwards, plug in the XDP, let Windows locate and install the driver, and then try running the XDP program.

The software is apparently not being installed because it is missing the OS_Detect.exe program that is located in the C:\Program Files\XPS\USB folder. Make sure you have a XPS folder after the software has installed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:32 PM
Joined Feb 2004
190 Posts
Quote:
These are the errors I get. As well as 0x8002801c. I hope this helps you determine what I am doing wrong. I am always logged as administrator.

Thanks,

Tom
Me too!......Windows 8.....
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Closed Thread