HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Question
FPV Component Layout for Easystar?

Was wondering what would be the best layout for FPV using the easystar? Right now i have the battery at the tip of the nose, the receiver and esc are just under the canopy. I think if I add a transmitter and camera on top of the canopy, it will probably end up nose heavy. Any recommendations on FPV component setup would be very helpful, setup would include the gopro camera.

Thank you.
easystarfpv4 is offline Find More Posts by easystarfpv4
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:17 PM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,138 Posts
There are literally hundreds of easystar fpv threads on here. Plenty of information, take a look and pick one
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:58 PM
United States, WI, Poynette
Joined Mar 2011
157 Posts
This is the guide that I used. I put the receiver as far back in the fuse as I could to keep it as far away from the other components as I could. The only thing that I have in the nose was the batteries. I mounted the esc on top of the fuse so the air would keep it cool. Mounted the vee antenna for the video on the tip of one of the wings. I was a little nose heavy so I mounted the video transmitter on the fuse in back of the prop and ran coax to the antenna on the wing. I don't know how much rf leakage there is in the coax as this comes close to the rc receiver but I've went over a mile with it and I still have control. I'm not a long distance flyer so I don't think I'll change it soon. Have fun with your ES.
Kent
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/man...ld%20Guide.pdf
KCStar is offline Find More Posts by KCStar
Last edited by KCStar; Apr 29, 2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: URL didn't show