SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:29 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Good deal. Since the present servo doesn't work, you will not be able to note the arm position with the stick in neutral. Therefore, I guess you replace the servo, turn on the transmitter and plug-in the battery before installing the arm/pushrod. With the battery unplugged, push the arm onto the splined servo shaft with the arm pointing as much as possible vertical. Mine leans a little to the rear of the helicopter.

Apparently you worked out the problem with the motor going full throttle when you flipped the "gear" switch. Was the other transmitter switch in 3D mode?
Art_P is offline Find More Posts by Art_P
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:56 PM
Australia, NSW, Leichhardt
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_P View Post
Apparently you worked out the problem with the motor going full throttle when you flipped the "gear" switch. Was the other transmitter switch in 3D mode?
Thank you. Is getting the tail servo working will stop the motor going into full throttle? How do I know if transmitter is in 3D mode?
Henryms is offline Find More Posts by Henryms
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryms View Post
Is getting the tail servo working will stop the motor going into full throttle? How do I know if transmitter is in 3D mode?
Changing the servo will not affect the throttle. Your transmitter is apparently mode 1 based on your videos. Transmitters are mode 2 in the US, so I'm not sure where your switches are. The switch opposite the "gear" switch at the top of the transmitter selects between regular and 3D stunt mode. This switch should be in the up position. If it is down, that is probably what is causing the full throttle condition. Fortunately, it will also be a downward thrust with the throttle in the down position so your helicopter didn't fly away. If the switch isn't in the 3D position, you may have another problem. I havn't looked it up, but the instructions should cover this.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
I am worried now. My throttle is the right stick and the switch mode is on N which apprentley the non stunt mode. Playing with throttle stick will change the angle of the blades but not the speed of the motor..
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Skyartec techs advice is to replace the tail servo, adjust the Gyro sensitive, reset the throttle. Rrrrgh but I did reset the throttle and that did not help.. Ugly what a painful start with RC Helis
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Playing with throttle stick will change the angle of the blades but not the speed of the motor.
That certainly sounds to me to be an ESC problem, but I know of no way to verify it without a replacement. Maybe someone else can help.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
920 Posts
Quote:
Skyartec techs advice is to replace the tail servo, adjust the Gyro sensitive, reset the throttle. Rrrrgh but I did reset the throttle and that did not help.. Ugly what a painful start with RC Helis

Just a fast thought; what happens with the motor when you pull back on the LEFT stick? You may have a transmitter, configured, with the software for MODE 2 where the throttle is on the left stick; but your transmitter sticks are setup for MODE 1.

Check out the software configuration and ensure that the software has the transmitter configured for MODE 1 seup

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is online now Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Thanks Max.. I disconnected all wires of the RX and reconnected them and loaded mode 1 settings from the cd and all is working fine now. Waiting for the tail servo and practicing on the free simulator.

Few quick questions Max; you might be able to help:
1- is the belt 250 a clone of any other brand? Just in case I needed part and can not find them here.. Otherwise what are the most common parts that need replacement?
2- will this TX work on Phoenix Sim or I have to buy the TX that come with the software
3- what is the Belt 250, is it coaxial heli?

Thanks mate.
Old May 01, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Dec 2008
920 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Max.. I disconnected all wires of the RX and reconnected them and loaded mode 1 settings from the cd and all is working fine now. Waiting for the tail servo and practicing on the free simulator.

Few quick questions Max; you might be able to help:
1- is the belt 250 a clone of any other brand? Just in case I needed part and can not find them here.. Otherwise what are the most common parts that need replacement?
2- will this TX work on Phoenix Sim or I have to buy the TX that come with the software
3- what is the Belt 250, is it coaxial heli?

Thanks mate.
answered in the order asked:
1. no it is not a clone of any other brand. Replacement parts should be Skyartec Brand parts only. Every repair and replacement is different. A complete list of parts can be found here:
V4 Belt 250 Standard Parts
V4 Belt 250 New Style Parts

2. While it might be possible to get the Tx to work with Simulator Programs like Phoenix or Real Flight, you are better off using their Tx unit. The Skyartec Transmitter uses a modified 5 pin DIN connector (male) with a special phono jack end (female) that the factory has long since stopped producing ( we happen to have a HUGE supply of them BTW ).
This special Plug could be used to power a flight sim program. However, we recommend ClearView SE or the Full ClearView program and using the USB Cable that came with your transmitter. - The Skyartec Sim/Trainer Port seems to only offer 4 channels of operation when used on simulator software.
The FREE FMS simulator program included on the factory CD, will not teach the actual flying skills necessary to fly RC Helicopters; we recommend the ClearView Programs and include it on our own Custom version of the CD
ClearViewSE Here
Full ClearView Here

3. A coaxial helicopter would have two (2) main blades. Since the Skyartec V3 and V4 Helicopters do not have twin main blades they are not a coaxial. They are however controlled using CCPM

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old May 01, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Max, thanks heaps.. :-)
Old May 01, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Sorry Max.. One last question.. Hopefuly :-) Which plane works well to learn flying the Skyartec 250? Or is better to buy the full programme?
Old May 02, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Dec 2008
920 Posts
Quote:
Sorry Max.. One last question.. Hopefuly :-) Which plane works well to learn flying the Skyartec 250? Or is better to buy the full programme?
Personallly I like the complete and full version of ClearView; we purchase it at full cost and feel it is a great bargin.
Many helicopters to learn on in the full version of ClearView. Pick one as i don't have a specific one to suggest

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old May 02, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Thanks again :-)
Old May 02, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined Jul 2010
155 Posts
Quote:
Learning to fly a plane on a sim will not teach you the full set of basics needed for helis. A properly trimmed plane requires absolutely zero rudder input when the wind is calm to light. A heli constantly requires rudder input.

When you get brave to try the bird in real life go slow. Spin it up just enough to get it light on the skids. Note how it will want to lean and spin. Throttle down, gain your nerves, start a little bit of input to counter act the lean and spin, then spool up again to get it light on the skids. Repeat until you have then lean and spin under control. Then start to do little hops, up and down, this will teach you control input sensitivity and how ground affect will affect the bird. Then try to go for the tail-in hover about 3-4 feet off the ground. If the heli drifts, which it wil for many attempts, land, pick the bird up with your hands, set it back at your starting spot, and try again.

Be sure you are o. As flat as a surface
Possible when turning on the bird, this sets the neutral position on the gyro and the more level this is, the easier to fly will be.
rcdude07 is offline Find More Posts by rcdude07
Old May 03, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude07 View Post
A heli constantly requires rudder input.
This has not been my experience with the Belt 250. The gyro does a good job, but I usually get a very slow drift in the heading which I periodically have to correct with rudder while hovering.

The Clearview helicopter that I have had the most success with as a training aid is the XCell 450 Furion. It will do a somewhat hard landing without crashing, which is what I experience with the Belt 250. Of course I'm using more durable training gear than what came with the Belt 250 (which is a big help).