HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2014, 09:20 AM
United States, MO, Urbana
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
I believe that if your flash drive has a capacity of less than 2Gb you then format it just FAT.
Carl334 is offline Find More Posts by Carl334
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2014, 09:29 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoneves21 View Post
Hello,
I cannot record a video with flash drive. I set all cfg modes to "1" at the =videorecord: 0 - disable, 1 - enable (NOOP on Drone 1 or Drone 2 without USB stick)= option.

The flash drive must be formatted in fat32 or ntfs is ok?
Are you able to record video without the mode (using just the FreeFlight app). If not I'm afraid you need to look for support on Parrot forum
http://forum.parrot.com/ardrone/en/v...ic.php?id=4596

P.S. No, NTFS is not OK.
pawelsky is offline Find More Posts by pawelsky
Old Aug 07, 2014, 02:53 PM
Joined Jul 2014
13 Posts
Hi All,

I'm hoping to pick up one of these mods from i-drone.me on the weekend, the XR4 Drone version. I understand how to physically fit it, it's not complicated but what I'm still needing help with is its use. Does it come pre-programmed for use with my DX6i or do I need to download and then upload something to the mod?

The other important thing is that I have the ARD flight recorder and want to be able to use the autonomous flight using Qgroundcontrol. I have no intention of using iOS for live video, etc. as I understand that this can sometimes be affected by the Spektrum TX using the same 2.4gHZ frequencies.

My main starting issues would be:

1. How can I replicate the safe hover mode (as you can by removing your hands from the iOS device)
2. How do I get the drone to return home.
3. How do I know when the batts are getting low.
4. Can absolute control be duplicated using the mod so it becomes un-necessary to know in which direction the drone is facing

Thanks
Daz
dazzystar is offline Find More Posts by dazzystar
Old Aug 08, 2014, 05:25 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzystar View Post
Hi All,

I'm hoping to pick up one of these mods from i-drone.me on the weekend, the XR4 Drone version. I understand how to physically fit it, it's not complicated but what I'm still needing help with is its use. Does it come pre-programmed for use with my DX6i or do I need to download and then upload something to the mod?
Ask XR-4drone if they can set it up for your DX6i
Quote:
The other important thing is that I have the ARD flight recorder and want to be able to use the autonomous flight using Qgroundcontrol. I have no intention of using iOS for live video, etc. as I understand that this can sometimes be affected by the Spektrum TX using the same 2.4gHZ frequencies.
QGC is NOT supported
Quote:

My main starting issues would be:

1. How can I replicate the safe hover mode (as you can by removing your hands from the iOS device)
Let go off the aileron/elevator stick
Quote:
2. How do I get the drone to return home.
Have a working GPS at launch, invoke FM3
Quote:
3. How do I know when the batts are getting low.
Drone motor LEDs start blinking red
Quote:
4. Can absolute control be duplicated using the mod so it becomes un-necessary to know in which direction the drone is facing
No
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Aug 09, 2014, 04:15 PM
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
MiruMod ver 022 Windows setup

I had to download a new version of Arduino IDE for Windows 8.1; 1.0.5-r2.
I used the new FTDI driver from this package which I think was the cause of some of my problems.

I hope this will help someone avoid my problems.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:47 AM
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
MiruMod ver 022 question

Miru
In Stick-o-magic (ver 022) is the GPS check still valid; stick down?
Will this still be valid if programed gear sw for use with a beep/buzzer?

Pawelsky
Would you draw us a circuit diagram of the buzzer connection so we won't fry our boards.

Thanks,

Carl
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:06 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl334 View Post
Miru
In Stick-o-magic (ver 022) is the GPS check still valid; stick down?
Yes
Quote:
Will this still be valid if programed gear sw for use with a beep/buzzer?
Yes
Quote:
Pawelsky
Would you draw us a circuit diagram of the buzzer connection so we won't fry our boards.

Thanks,

Carl
Old Aug 11, 2014, 03:48 PM
Joined Jul 2014
4 Posts
Quote:
Hello,
I cannot record a video with flash drive. I set all cfg modes to "1" at the =videorecord: 0 - disable, 1 - enable (NOOP on Drone 1 or Drone 2 without USB stick)= option.

The flash drive must be formatted in fat32 or ntfs is ok?
Hello, problem solved with FAT32 USB flash Drive.
Miru, is it possible to flash different blinks to indicate wich camera is using when switch it using elevator stick to the right?
For example, blink red when using down camera and green when using front camera.

Thanks.
brunoneves21 is offline Find More Posts by brunoneves21
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:46 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Hello, problem solved with FAT32 USB flash Drive.
Miru, is it possible to flash different blinks to indicate wich camera is using when switch it using elevator stick to the right?
For example, blink red when using down camera and green when using front camera.

Thanks.
The problem with that is code space, something else would have to go...
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Jul 2014
143 Posts
hello all, I have a Parrot Drone 1.0 coming and I wanted to do this mod. Now I could get the plug and ready deals off ebay . But that means I end up with another radio and I would just like to use my one to control this quad and another I am building.

So my question is, does the sketch come preloaded in the Mirumod? And is this then loaded into the Arduino software when you connect the mod via usb? And when is the Hyper Terminal needed?
ZipSnipe is offline Find More Posts by ZipSnipe
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM
User
Joined Aug 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipSnipe View Post
hello all, I have a Parrot Drone 1.0 coming and I wanted to do this mod. Now I could get the plug and ready deals off ebay . But that means I end up with another radio and I would just like to use my one to control this quad and another I am building.

So my question is, does the sketch come preloaded in the Mirumod? And is this then loaded into the Arduino software when you connect the mod via usb? And when is the Hyper Terminal needed?
I just received the mod directly from Miru, and have it ready for it's first test flight as soon as the weather here clears about. The mod was very easy to bring up and install and does come with the firmware already installed in the Miru PC board. So to answer your first question the latest firmware comes preinstalled in Miru's PC board. Your second question confuses the issue a bit. The firmware comes preinstalled, but you CAN load the source code for the mod into the Arduino IDE and make your own changes to it if you want to. You would then need to compile and burn the code into the Miru Mod PCB processor, also via Arduino. The mod works with any radio receiver that outputs PWM as the 1ms-2ms pulses indicating control positions. You use a terminal program, such as Hyperterminal, to verify that your radio and the Miru Mod are working together correctly before you even attempt to install the mod into your ARdrone. That is a major confidence builder, and helps to prevent nasty surprises when the whole system is assembled. I just finished that process yesterday and now it is raining cats and dogs.
DaveS2 is online now Find More Posts by DaveS2
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Jul 2014
143 Posts
Thanx Dave,

So really you didn't have to use the Arduino IDE program for anything? And Hyperterminal is used just to see if the radio is connected?

The less I have to do the better is what I am getting at. I understand the hardware connections, I am just trying to figure out the software part of the installation. I mean I would love it if someone would lay out a simple step by step for just hooking up the mod, radio and receiver.
But everytime I try to read any info I get caught in the crossfire of programmer lingo.
ZipSnipe is offline Find More Posts by ZipSnipe
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipSnipe View Post
Thanx Dave,

So really you didn't have to use the Arduino IDE program for anything? And Hyperterminal is used just to see if the radio is connected?

The less I have to do the better is what I am getting at. I understand the hardware connections, I am just trying to figure out the software part of the installation. I mean I would love it if someone would lay out a simple step by step for just hooking up the mod, radio and receiver.
But everytime I try to read any info I get caught in the crossfire of programmer lingo.
Let me just straighten something out here. Miru only sell the PCB and nothing else. You will have to solder your receiver and program the board with the Arduino IDE.
If you are good at soldering, you can contact Miru here-->http://mirumod.tk/hw/mirupcb/mirupcb.php
If you want a MiruMod that is ready to go with your own transmitter...check out my store.--->http://shop.xr-4drone.com/ And it does come pre-configured for a 2 switch transmitter. Basically, you tell me which transmitter you have and I will check to see how to set it up for you.

Dave, you may have purchased the mod from me if you had a the MiruPCB and receiver on it. Miru does not sell the mod already built, he only sells the MiruPCB to the DIY'ers.

Hope this helps you.
dante1 is offline Find More Posts by dante1