Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:53 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Hi Brian,

I was going to put a zyx in my 250 but it was a very tight fit combined with my monster RX. Where did you put your zyx? Do you have any pics please
I used the ZYX-S so it uses a satellite instead of a full receiver. I mounted it on the side and put the satellite on the tray. I'll post a pic later.
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:54 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
How about the Manual? I found one for a Trex 250SE. I already have all the pieces and parts for it, but we'll talk about it later.

Lots of opinions, differing. What is wrong with the stock feathering shafts? Do they come apart in flight? Otherwise I don't expect them to survive a blade strike. Same for the belts...
The original feathering shaft was very soft and there were some instances of them stripping out in flight. Well worth the replacement IMHO.

The 250 SE manual should do fine, if you've built another helicopter before there are no surprises.
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:58 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
The original feathering shaft was very soft and there were some instances of them stripping out in flight. Well worth the replacement IMHO.

The 250 SE manual should do fine, if you've built another helicopter before there are no surprises.
Well if I make an order from Amain anytime soon, I'll grab some. Otherwise I'll give the grips a good tug after assembly. I'm sure I can pull harder than the blades will at speed. From what I understand there were several faults in the first release of this kit, hopefully some or all were corrected.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:29 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
And all this time I thought pitchp was in the states! lol
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:31 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I just bought Helitach for my iphone, i haven't tested it yet, but it seems good? Anyone else here have Helitach?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heli...322478561?mt=8

The video is not me, i just wanted to show you guys what it looks like
HeliTach iPhone application by fellow "freak" wilywampa (3 min 48 sec)

pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Last edited by pitchp; Jan 10, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:32 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
And all this time I thought pitchp was in the states! lol
lol are you serious? I'm from down under.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:40 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Yeah I didn't know since I never saw it on there. Must be nice down there now. It's cold up here. The weird thing is that it feels much colder than previous years. I don't like it myself which is why I stay away from the east coast. What can I say, I prefer coconuts and bikinis...than snow and well freezing temperatures... I need to find a warmer place, but not hot, that sucks too. Oh yeah I always wanted to see a real kangaroo...maybe a little one because I know those guys can kick and hurt you pretty bad...lol

Quote:
lol are you serious? I'm from down under.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:42 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I didn't know since I never saw it on there. Must be nice down there now. It's cold up here. The weird thing is that it feels much colder than previous years. I don't like it myself which is why I stay away from the east coast. What can I say, I prefer coconuts and bikinis...than snow and well freezing temperatures... I need to find a warmer place, but not hot, that sucks too.
So do i!! I'd love to live in hot places like rio, or hawaii. Full of bikini babes.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:55 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Yeah, someone did mention Hawaii to me. I need to sell all my stuff before I can move. Plus I need to find work so that's a bit tricky there if I'm here. That motor looks like this...what are you using it for? I'm going to use them on that quadcopter I bought a while back. Hopefully they'll work fine.
http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-a282212-...8vk537ga2t4lt1

Quote:
So do i!! I'd love to live in hot places like rio, or hawaii. Full of bikini babes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:56 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
scorpion motor for my next 250!! lol
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:57 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I see now...

Quote:
scorpion motor for my next 250!! lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:57 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
for the record i just tested helitach, and it works! it even reads youtube videos! but you have to use big headphones and squeeze the iphone in between(sandwich the iphone)!

Last edited by pitchp; Jan 11, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:34 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Something really kool, a powersystem made by scorpion. Nifty for the mobile

Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:05 PM
Joined May 2011
424 Posts
Quote:
I found another nasty little bugger in this tail belt gear. I went out for a quick flight at the park two days ago and still couldn't get either heli off the ground. I think one or two of my batteries maybe dead or low, haven't bother to check them yet. I did find that the gear on this heli was again spinning after gluing it with epoxy...so I took it home and took this apart last night. Here's what I found. I broken leg, and the reason the gear came unglued again is because the bearing or bushing on the top of the shaft was also getting stuck, really bad when i tried to turn it basically letting the shaft rotate. What is it will all these bearings, I don't know. So does the align 250 parts fit on this heli and are they any better? So now I have two birds down. A 250 and 450. The other 250 with the flymentor I need to reset again, the tail is all screwed up so I need to get that dialed in again and try it with another battery. Well it's better to find the problems now than when I'm actually in the middle of flying. So check your bearings people, just a heads up.
This may be the problem with my 250. I just got a new replacement tail gear set in, but hadn't had time to install it yet. Thanks
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:26 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
You're welcome, at this point there are only so many things that can go bad so hopefully I'm getting to the bottom of this once and for all. Unfortunately it's by accident but either way I hope these things help get them up running better. I don't have any spare parts and really don't feel like messing with them at the moment. Eventually I just get tired of fixing them and not due to the crashes, but I know once they get fixed they should work fine, as long as something else doesn't turn up.

On another note, this is a nice heli and video. I'm getting spoiled with the higher resolution videos. I don't like watching the lower resolution videos much any more. Interesting how the blades are going counterclockwise on it too. As long as it's setup I guess it doesn't matter which way you go.
Vario EC 135 PHT 3 Startup and flight (9 min 56 sec)
RCG Plus Member