HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2008, 05:45 PM
Joined Feb 2004
60 Posts
Discussion
Simple wall charger for NiMh Rx pack??

Hello. I need some advice. Who sells as simple wall charger that will charge a 4 cell 4.8v 2200mah NiMh pack for my Receiver. Just like the ones that come with a radio system... but that will charge a NiMh battery.

Thanks

John
SoarinJohn is offline Find More Posts by SoarinJohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2008, 12:02 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,464 Posts
The wall charger that came with your transmitter will charge a NiMH receiver pack just fine. It will simply take quite a bit longer than charging a NiCd receiver pack. Assuming your transmitter wall charger has about 50mA current available on the 4.8V port, simply plug it in and let it charge for a few days. NiMH cells can safely be slow charged indefinitely provided the charge current is less than 1/10C with little to no risk of overcharging.

I've been using NiMH packs in my transmitters for years and have always used the supplied charger that came with the TX. All of the packs are still performing brilliantly.
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2008, 12:23 AM
Joined Feb 2004
60 Posts
Thank you very much for that bit of advice! That just saved me some money and makes sense.

Thanks again.

John
SoarinJohn is offline Find More Posts by SoarinJohn