HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:53 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,293 Posts
Discussion
sky 706

hi i hope this is an easy one to answer i have the wasp v3 great heli i just need to know when i set up the 706 with my pc i click on mode 2 then wasp v3 6ch it then came up as standard setting i know it not fixed wing lol but i do have hc ccpm- and hc ccpm+ what one should i use i have it on hc ccpm- at the moment but need to set it up right for test flight kind regards neil in uk
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:56 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,035 Posts
Sky 706 configuration files

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtneil View Post
hi i hope this is an easy one to answer i have the wasp v3 great heli i just need to know when i set up the 706 with my pc i click on mode 2 then wasp v3 6ch it then came up as standard setting i know it not fixed wing lol but i do have hc ccpm- and hc ccpm+ what one should i use i have it on hc ccpm- at the moment but need to set it up right for test flight kind regards neil in uk
go to skyartec.com and download then update your transmitter using the Sky 706 software. You use both the ccpm - and the ccpm + settings
For the V3 6 Channel configuration file download go
HERE to download - this file contains both Mode 1 and Mode 2 configuration. This file is a compress RAR file - you will need to expand it into a folder on your computer.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,293 Posts
thanks max
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Sep 05, 2013, 04:10 PM
Forever Remain...
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2013
8 Posts
NASA701 Model Settings

I have a question, in my NASA701 menu, under Model, you can pick from
CCPM- CCPM+ and FBL, what are the diferences of CCPM- and CCPM+, I am using the DIN to USB adaptor on my PC, for the HeliSimRC sim, and cant quite get the IDLE UP mode to work right, and really dont understand why if there is a setting name, like CCPM- or CCPM+ why is it not explained??
phoeboskrieg is offline Find More Posts by phoeboskrieg
Old Sep 06, 2013, 03:44 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoeboskrieg View Post
I have a question, in my NASA701 menu, under Model, you can pick from
CCPM- CCPM+ and FBL, what are the diferences of CCPM- and CCPM+, I am using the DIN to USB adaptor on my PC, for the HeliSimRC sim, and cant quite get the IDLE UP mode to work right, and really dont understand why if there is a setting name, like CCPM- or CCPM+ why is it not explained??
USB connector to the NASA701 and the Sky706 Transmitters only give you 4 channels of operation of the flight controls; the black lever on the left side can give you the 5th channel for throttle hold or gears/flaps

CCPM+ is the pitch curve and is for normal flight mode
CCPM- is the pitch curve and is for idle up flight mode

Download the NASA701 instruction manual from the download secton of the Skyartec Factory Website for more complete informaton

However IF you have the transmitter with the LCD screen at the bottom of the transmitter case you have the NASA701 -

IF you do not have the LCD Screen on your transmitter case then you maybe have the Sky706 Transmitter.

IF YOU do have the Sky706 transmitter AND you are using the computer based computer program, then you use the CCPM+, CCPM- or the FBL options on the GENERAL TAB for the type of helicopter you are setting up

Download the Sky706 instruction manual from the download secton of the Skyartec Factory Website for more complete informaton

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2013, 11:25 AM
Forever Remain...
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
USB connector to the NASA701 and the Sky706 Transmitters only give you 4 channels of operation of the flight controls; the black lever on the left side can give you the 5th channel for throttle hold or gears/flaps

CCPM+ is the pitch curve and is for normal flight mode
CCPM- is the pitch curve and is for idle up flight mode

Download the NASA701 instruction manual from the download secton of the Skyartec Factory Website for more complete informaton

However IF you have the transmitter with the LCD screen at the bottom of the transmitter case you have the NASA701 -

IF you do not have the LCD Screen on your transmitter case then you maybe have the Sky706 Transmitter.

IF YOU do have the Sky706 transmitter AND you are using the computer based computer program, then you use the CCPM+, CCPM- or the FBL options on the GENERAL TAB for the type of helicopter you are setting up

Download the Sky706 instruction manual from the download secton of the Skyartec Factory Website for more complete informaton

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
oncve again thank you, but I think I miss communicated myself. I am trying to get the radio to work with a flight sim, HeliSimRC. the maker of the sim says not to have the radio set FBL to avoid problems, I have had any issues with that, but what I am haveing issues with is that when I put the transmitter into IDLE UP, I dont get control of the pitch on the left stick like a supposed to, I have tried rwemapping channless and all softs of other things, being an Engineeer, I can say that the issue I am haveing is in the Transmitter. I am glad that I have not tried IDLE UP on my Wasp X3V.
phoeboskrieg is offline Find More Posts by phoeboskrieg
Old Sep 08, 2013, 03:07 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoeboskrieg View Post
oncve again thank you, but I think I miss communicated myself. I am trying to get the radio to work with a flight sim, HeliSimRC. the maker of the sim says not to have the radio set FBL to avoid problems, I have had any issues with that, but what I am haveing issues with is that when I put the transmitter into IDLE UP, I dont get control of the pitch on the left stick like a supposed to, I have tried rwemapping channless and all softs of other things, being an Engineeer, I can say that the issue I am haveing is in the Transmitter. I am glad that I have not tried IDLE UP on my Wasp X3V.
No you did not miss communicate anything - we understood your question. We gave you the exact and precise answer - both here and in responses to your emails you sent directly to us; - here it is again - you cannot get idle up with this setup - USB connector to the NASA701 and the Sky706 Transmitters only give you 4 channels of operation of the flight controls; the black lever on the left side can give you the 5th channel for throttle hold or gears/flaps (for true idle up and true CCPM you need to emulate 6 channels

At issue here is that dealer support should have been provided by the dealer that sold you this item and you shouldn't have had to request help from here or email for help, as all of your questions should have been answered by the vendor that received payment from you for goods and services

Further, the physics of HeliSim are not accurate - you should download Clearview SE and if you like it, then upgrade to the full version

Clearview SE HERE
Clearview Full Version HERE

If you want to learn 3D and Aerobatics you really need to consider getting a full flight simulator package like RealFlight 6.5 Flight Simulator or Phoenix Flight Simulator - but at least get the clearview system as a start

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Sep 08, 2013 at 03:15 AM.