HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:47 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
Good Lord man, do you think tape grows on trees??

I know, it is pretty techy and costly.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:53 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
The don't use Spek gear goes against what Jesse at Headsup told me, I asked him. Now I'm stumped. Dave
The only clarification I can offer is this rather cryptic message from the Spektrum web site.

"Don't use electronic reversing Y's. They can cause issues. Run the servo directly to the receiver, or use a reversed servo as a last resort."

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Experience...Practices.aspx
Turner2 is online now Find More Posts by Turner2
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:59 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Thank's, I would have had a problem. Saved my new F Cub! ZZee
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:37 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
The don't use Spek gear goes against what Jesse at Headsup told me, I asked him. Now I'm stumped. Dave
well HURC is good...but I personally prefer not to have somthing between my rx & servos but wire....too easy for a chip to lag a bit...BUT thats just my choice. each to their own.

Pat
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:04 AM
Australia, VIC, Mount Evelyn
Joined May 2012
159 Posts
I have just ordered a Fun Cub kit and am considering an OS 3810 1050kv motor. what are peoples opinions on this one?
I am looking for a motor that will do near vertical with something like an apc 11x7e prop.
Would you run 4s on this prop?
I have a lot of 2200 3s batteries and 2200 4s batteries that i am hoping you use on a 55am p ESC.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-O-S-1...item4cfd7e51e7

Someone metioned to use the dogfighter metal motor mount to get rid of the vibrations. Does this make sense and is it worth doing straight away, or see how the stock mount goes first.

I would also like to know the part number for the dubro tail wheel upgrade

And what type of paint can be used on the foam?

Thanks,
Dan.
Dan137 is offline Find More Posts by Dan137
Last edited by Dan137; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:04 AM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2001
226 Posts
Ill answer one of your questions: Id wait before ordering the metal motor mount. From what I've heard, the latest models are being shipped with metal mounts included. Then, too, some people, like me, never have a problem with the plastic mounts.
wjjones is online now Find More Posts by wjjones
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:19 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,743 Posts
On the flap controversy:
Use Low temp hot glue and you can try a different plan.

I have read that the reverser can delay servo movement. This might be an inconsequential delay and the worse likely outcome would be asymmetrical yaw or even a light stall if slow. Take off with no flaps and play at altitude several times. Deploy at altitude and land. If all is OK great!
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:25 AM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan137 View Post
I have just ordered a Fun Cub kit and am considering an OS 3810 1050kv motor. what are peoples opinions on this one?
I am looking for a motor that will do near vertical with something like an apc 11x7e prop.

If you're looking for sick, overpowered, crazy power, etc. you'll want to keep looking IMO.

That's a nice little motor, but it will hardly "overpower" the FunCub...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:49 AM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
By the way, if you flip the servo for one of the flaps by cutting a new hole in the foam there should be no need to bend a special wire to connect the servo horn to the flap horn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
Where would be the fun if we all did it the same way?
very true! I have been using the Turnigy servo reverser/slow down for the last 2 years with no problems at all. No backwards servo or lame bent linkage
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:12 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Feb 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
No backwards servo or lame bent linkage
Lame bent linkage!!!!!!! I'll have you know that is an engineered offset linkage module created with the most precise measurements my needlenose pliers are capable of.
mw757 is offline Find More Posts by mw757
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:13 PM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan137 View Post
Would you run 4s on this prop?
I have a lot of 2200 3s batteries and 2200 4s batteries that i am hoping you use on a 55am p ESC.
Did you bother reading the specs on the link you provided?

4s is strictly out...the motor is rated 11.1v. Your three cell packs will have a home here.

Motor is rated 30amp continuous, 50amp for FIVE SECOND BURSTS. So it would do vertical periodically, but that ability would need to be used judiciously. At "regular max" it would be a lively flyer, but not an extreme aerobat by any means as was mentioned by a previous poster.

The 11X7 is slap bang in the middle of the recommended prop range. You would still want to make a amp / watts measurement to be completely safe.
NOISY MUSE is online now Find More Posts by NOISY MUSE
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,493 Posts
My DX8 transmitter has a flaps deployment speed adjustment (1-30 seconds), what would be good setting for the FC? How much % of flaps is good for landings? What % of up elevator mix is good for a landing with flaps?

Thank you!
itsme2 is online now Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:03 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
My DX8 transmitter has a flaps deployment speed adjustment (1-30 seconds), what would be good setting for the FC? How much % of flaps is good for landings? What % of up elevator mix is good for a landing with flaps?

Thank you!
It depends if you are landing under power or not , its not up elevator needed its down, my flaps are ~30 degrees and full down using the 3 position switch the amount f down will vary on CG posistion ,the amount of down I use power off glide is ~3degrees down and ~5 d from memory.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:11 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
I know a guy that was just setting up his cub and he had a reverser he was gonna use on his flap that did not work so I told him to just rewire the servo(hxt900). Worked for him, he just went on YouTube to check it out.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:31 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post

Thank you!
I use ( on my Dx8) Flap speed - 1.8s
FLAP Elev
Normal - 0% 0%
Mid - 45% 6%
Land - 115% 20%

I Also have flaps that extend to aprox. 90 Degrees

I Do NOT fly 3D...but I like max deflection...I dont have to use anymore than I want....BUT have it if I do want it.

This setup flys like a pussycat...when i drop full flaps..the nose stays right where it was....I migh add that i did end up adding more downthrust on the motor than the ( 3mm I think directions called for) i eneded up with closer to 5mm downthrust on the screws...I did not change any right thrust.( but recomend you fix this also, or the nose will always porpoise with throttle OR flaps)

I have a bigfoot .10 motor 11.5X4 prop...and when I punch it..the nose does NOT raise up at all...VERY level flight...and with the larger motor now...this plane is quite areobatic...before the rolls would just barely do a 360...but now they are nice and smooth.

This is just my setup...and I must admit I LOVE this plane now that it is set up like this...BUT there are MANY other setups..each have there own plus & Minuses ( Hmmm..... only I cant think of ANY Minuses on mine )

Pat
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Last edited by Weed89; Jan 19, 2013 at 04:40 PM.