Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:00 PM
Jeff
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Aug 2003
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Gdjsky01: Are you sure about that on the Delta parts? I have two Delta band saws and the last time I replaced the tires and bearing on my 3 wheel the shipping was more than the parts. Not saying you are wrong at all. If they went stupid on parts prices I may have to upgrade but I've always been really happy with Delta's customer service and support. Clue me in if there is a problem.
It's Jeff, but I guess two Jeffs is one too many as I am already getting confused (cause I know I don't have any fiber optic cable )

Ok, so you made me go back and check my sources on the net. I am seeing $23 but I can't tell if that's for one or two tires. The pictures being shown are for one. I need two. (Delta 28-185 7 7/8 inch band saw).

So I looked on eBay and there I see someone selling $27 for a pair of Urethane tires shipped. At $50 + shipping I was not willing to invest... But for $26 shipped maybe there is life left in it.
gdjsky01 is offline Find More Posts by gdjsky01
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:20 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Hey Jeff,

We'll call you CA Jeff. The other Jeff was from CA originally but we'll now call him old fart Jeff.

When I ordered my Delta parts last time the tire price was for a full set. At least a few years ago they only sold those in sets since you should replace them all at the same time. Causes tracking problems otherwise. I'm going to check on replacements for both of mine in case they are getting high. If they get too wild on pricing it will be cheaper to replace the saws.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:51 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,106 Posts
I know he was sighted in 2008. Apparently said he was too busy to fly much, allegedly working construction!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...dave+thornburg
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
The guys at Albuquerque told me about seeing him occasionally out at the sod farm where I flew with them. I didn't see him the whole time I was going out there.
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:46 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,321 Posts
Well shucks!

If I can find a way, I'll see about getting a picture over, or something.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:29 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Hey Jeff,

We'll call you CA Jeff. The other Jeff was from CA originally but we'll now call him old fart Jeff.
HEY!!!!! I resemble that remark!!!!!

SIr Jeffrey the Elder
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:38 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
It sounds like you may have something already on the way that will help you out Lil'..., but CST has Kevlar, look under the Aramid link here http://www.cstsales.com/products.html

Cheers,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:40 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,630 Posts
but then, maybe he's on a video game sabatical like I did in mid nineties!
Riot Games! That's kool CA jeff!
BTW, I'm gonna forward to Rob about this forum- (my Laser guy) see what laughs he can bring us!
I'm too tired to tell ya'll about work, part 2 tomorrow!, short story is non of our clients like the boss!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:49 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,630 Posts
OK Gang, look for RC Robby!
I'm gonna go CAD now!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post

SIr Jeffrey the Elder
Hey, I like that! Harkens back to your Renn-faire days Jeff!

Great memories from a couple of those festivals. Met a quite buxom wench at one. However, never again shall thine evil mead pass these sacred lips. Thou spent a summer's eve projectile ushering the day's festivities into the porcelain receptacle of vile expulsion.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
I'm a little put off by those "old" remarks... I may call human resourses... Oh wait... I don't work with you guys, and you're a bunch of glider bums anyway... a lawsuit would get me nowhere...

OBTW... I turned 61 on Friday...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:33 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I'm a little put off by those "old" remarks... I may call human resourses... Oh wait... I don't work with you guys, and you're a bunch of glider bums anyway... a lawsuit would get me nowhere...

Happy birthday Darth! I'm a mere babe in the woods compared to you. A whole six years younger.

Oh, and we don't care if you call HR, just please, PLEASE don't tell our wives (or husbands in Katie's case) about it. I'd really hate for mama-san to come in, grab me by the ear and take me to my room to teach me a lesson...............

On second thought, her cell number is .........................
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Many happy returns olden Darth! You are only as young as you can feel, or something.

Still gonna buy a set of Journey plans from you, old one. Should be settled again early next year.

Hey, we nautical types call that super low stretch braided cable stuff "spectra" for short, most commonly used for sheets and halliards for it's excellent knot tying properties when wet or dry. Actually I hadn't thought of it as a source for spar wrapping material! Good one!

Cheers all from Steve, flat out in my hammock under the palm trees watching the kytes (buzzards) thermal about in their hundreds. Drinking beer too. Three weeks to go and I am with my woman again, woohooo!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Last edited by atmosteve; Oct 15, 2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: old buggers keep having birthdays
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:00 PM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Captain, loved your sunset Canardly pic so much that we had to put it on the first page of this weird thread. I didn't ask permission first but hope it's ok.

Beer.... now..
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:09 PM
Jeff
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Aug 2003
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post

Darth, off topic (that would NEVER happen here!! ), but I respect your opinion as you work both the light and dark sides.

Is an Icon (the original) worth getting? Terrible as it sounds, I'd like to try a moldie and I can get a RX ready Icon for $550 + shipping. It would be my first... bad idea as a first? I have people who can help me set it up...

Just askin'... maybe a PM instead of here?
gdjsky01 is offline Find More Posts by gdjsky01