HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2014, 01:46 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Apr 2014
93 Posts
Discussion
Mobuis issues with my computer

I just received a mobuis camera . I went on youtube and looked at setting for best video and use that as a template. Well I did a small recording. I tried to download the video from the camera to the computer and its like a 2 minute video and its taking like 35 minutes. the file is 109,029kb . Thats almost 1 gig in mp4 format. I tried to view the video on my computer straight from the mobuis and its loading very very slow and the video is crappy. the sd card I have in the mobuis is a 32gig class c 10.

do anyone have any information on this?
godspeed2 is offline Find More Posts by godspeed2
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2014, 07:29 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2013
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godspeed2 View Post
I just received a mobuis camera . I went on youtube and looked at setting for best video and use that as a template. Well I did a small recording. I tried to download the video from the camera to the computer and its like a 2 minute video and its taking like 35 minutes. the file is 109,029kb . Thats almost 1 gig in mp4 format. I tried to view the video on my computer straight from the mobuis and its loading very very slow and the video is crappy. the sd card I have in the mobuis is a 32gig class c 10.

do anyone have any information on this?
Try a couple of things...

1. If your pc is older you may not have a USB 3.0 port that allows fast transfers. The older pc's only have USB 2.0 ports that are much slower. Try to find out what version of USB you have .... if you have multiple USB ports just try each one to see if any of them make a difference on transfer rates. I normally transfer two (2) 1.4GB files from my Mobius to my laptop within 3-4 minutes if I use my USB 3.0 port as a connection point.

2. Ask this question on the following forum if you're still having problems:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1971523

Its a forum of very helpful Mobius users that I'm sure can help.

Good Luck...
DJI27 is online now Find More Posts by DJI27
Old Oct 17, 2014, 08:20 AM
Joined Apr 2014
93 Posts
You know what DJ, you are absolutely right. I was using the front panel usb not thinking to use the 3.0 in the back of this computer which is a newly built gaming pc. Its a monster. Thank you very much for your help. 30 minutes turned into 15 second.

Now DJ, can you give me your opinion on optimal settings for the mobius like frame rate and all? Thanks again.

You know what I was using all my devices through the front usb ports. I will switch to the rear 3.0 for now on. didn't think about that.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 04:18 PM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,473 Posts
What lens is recommended?
Nobert is offline Find More Posts by Nobert
Old Oct 18, 2014, 06:23 AM
Joined Jun 2013
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godspeed2 View Post
You know what DJ, you are absolutely right. I was using the front panel usb not thinking to use the 3.0 in the back of this computer which is a newly built gaming pc. Its a monster. Thank you very much for your help. 30 minutes turned into 15 second.

Now DJ, can you give me your opinion on optimal settings for the mobius like frame rate and all? Thanks again.

You know what I was using all my devices through the front usb ports. I will switch to the rear 3.0 for now on. didn't think about that.
godspeed2,

Optimal settings are 100% each users own preference. This question is asked over and over again on the Mobius Users Forum and always gets the same answer... start with the default settings and just experiment. Unfortunately, what one person likes another finds unpleasant so it all comes down to what pleases you.

I've found that the default settings are almost perfect for shooting normal videos and photographs. In my case, I use the camera mostly for aerial video (AV) and want no "fisheye" distortion. With that choice, I have to sacrifice some field of view and resolution to keep a high frame rate. Other users may think fisheye is ok and that allows a larger FOV and resolution... each to their own.

Check out the Mobius forums on rcgroups website... they're a helpful bunch of guys.
I'm not sure what your experience with a camera is but the discussions there range from very beginner to really advanced.

P.S. Another really good website about the Mobius is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...04559&page=794

Look at the the first eight posts ... they're a wealth of information. It'll take time to go through these posts but Tom Franks (creator of the thread) has done a masterful job noting everything you need to know about the Mobius.

(The thread is temporarily closed; i.e. you can't post there) but you can still view it
Old Oct 18, 2014, 06:33 AM
Joined Jun 2013
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobert View Post
What lens is recommended?
Nobert,

Too many variables to give a simple answer to your question....

The following two (2) links are threads where you can get help on the Mobius:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...04559&page=794

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1971523
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:24 AM
Joined Apr 2014
93 Posts
Thanks again DJ
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:44 AM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States