HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2014, 06:00 PM
AMA 1046820
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2013
1,022 Posts
Question
Quick torque tube question.

Hey all, I've been having some major troubles with torque tubes.

I purchased a CopterX 450 pro a while back (It's mostly tarot and Align now, so please bear with me okay?).

Anyway, I ordered a TT conversion kit for it, but the TT was bent from the get-go. Ehirobo sent me a replacement TT and set of gears because the gears were also made poorly, and were not true. The replacement torque tube was bent right out of the box because of the way Ehirobo's US warehouse packed it in with a parts order. The TT was just wrapped in bubble wrap and jammed in the box with some servos and other heavier parts. It didn't help that USPS decided to destroy the package marked fragile. (It seriously looked like they played football with it).

Long story longer: Ehirobo offered to replace the Torque tube again, but at this point I am throwing in the towel and buying Align tubes from a more local online source that actually packages things properly for shipping.

Therein lies my question...

I know that Align makes two different torque tubes for the 450:

H45053 - Black aluminum designed to shear in a tail strike to help save the drive gears from stripping

H45054 - Silver (stainless steel?), high impact (normally won't shear in a crash.)

Should I go with the black? They seem the most common to find, and the price is much less than what Ehirobo charges for the CopterX torque tubes.

I am already using the black drive gears from Align, including the Autorotation gear.

One more question added in as well: When It comes to the TT bearing inside the tail boom, I have two of them that are the CNC sleeve with bearings installed, and robber O-rings to help keep them in place. The Stock ones from Align are just the bearing in a rubber sleeve. Which would be better to use?

I don't do a lot of 3D, but I do like a little Sport flying/F3C stuff, and I do have this propensity for finding gravity pockets. Typically, I keep my tail out of the dirt for the most part.
Powerdyne is offline Find More Posts by Powerdyne
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts