SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:02 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Hi Joe,

glad you like it!

Yes, it is a self adhesive vinyl film. It is indeed heat sensitive as it is a thermoplast, so it can be deformed. The film has a "memory", so that it has the tendency to reform to its original shape when heated without applying mechanical tension. So if you heat, the film can be stretched around almost any spherical shape.
The thickness is 70 micrometres. The weight is 200g/m² (paperback included i guess)...

I found a seller on ebay.com so you can get it there. http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Self-Adhe...item27c58e331a

Demondriver uses this vinyl too if i recall this right. Maybe he has another source.

I hope that i could help you. In any case just ask again

Greetings !
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:52 PM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Thank you Andre', I just ordered some.

Cheers
Joe
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:00 PM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Hi Andre:

Just a heads up to anyone who might be interested. I purchased the product linked by Andre from the seller on EBay and used it to cover my current project. It is inexpensive, works well and I have no complaints however, today I received my free samples from the company in Germany that Andre used and their product is MUCH thinner and lighter weight. It is also more expensive and shipping to the US would be fairly expensive as well, however if weight is a priority, I might recommend using the German product.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:08 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpdgs View Post
Hi Andre:

Just a heads up to anyone who might be interested. I purchased the product linked by Andre from the seller on EBay and used it to cover my current project. It is inexpensive, works well and I have no complaints however, today I received my free samples from the company in Germany that Andre used and their product is MUCH thinner and lighter weight. It is also more expensive and shipping to the US would be fairly expensive as well, however if weight is a priority, I might recommend using the German product.
That stuff looks great Joe, I have used and use it now, only this is the summer sun & heat can cause this stuff to "bubble" up off depron, but that depends on the quality of Vinyl adhesive.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:29 AM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Joe, thank you for sharing this information. I thought that both materials were the same thickness...at least thats what i read. Very interesting!

But as long as you can use it...I don´t know how much the shipping to the US costs, but i guess if you buy a little more to have some "buffer" like i always do it could be even possible to get the vinyl from germany.

UPDATE:

when i´m already here i can also give you a quick status update...

I intended to do the maiden flight last sunday. The weather was perfect after all those sh**ty weeks. When i programmed my transmitter i noticed that both ailerons are turning in the same direction! In all my models the aileron servos are placed the same way - some of them connected with Y-harnesses, some with one channel each....but in NO case they are going the same direction

So i guess its a manufacturing fault...and i will just turn the servo around and everything should be fine.

Another major malfunction was the new servoless landing gear. The amp draw is so high that my BEC voltage drops drastically, so that the receiver is breaking down I ordered a 7A ubec and got it already, so this weekend the A319 should be ready for maiden. I really want to get it into the air now. So wish me luck!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:28 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,690 Posts
Good luck Andre,
Will be waiting patiently for updates
Doushiyou12 is online now Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:02 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
15,966 Posts
Joe and Doushiyou are right!

Andre, Just take your time and correct any faults, wait for a day with good weather & low wind and you'll do fine!

& May the RC Odds be ever in your Favour Sir!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:01 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Nov 2004
674 Posts
Andre the film that I'm 'covering my model is exceptional, thanks for your information.
we are waiting for you on your new A319
BRAVO
good luck
mesnick is offline Find More Posts by mesnick
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:17 AM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Thanks you two! Very much appreciated!

mesnick, you are very welcome! It sure looks great on your piaggio!!!

I just finished doing the corrections and all will work fine i guess! If the weather is OK (today´s total overcast...just grey...) i will do a quick roll-out (maybe a video too!).
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:59 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
15,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Kochanski View Post
Thanks you two! Very much appreciated!

mesnick, you are very welcome! It sure looks great on your piaggio!!!

I just finished doing the corrections and all will work fine i guess! If the weather is OK (today´s total overcast...just grey...) i will do a quick roll-out (maybe a video too!).
Andre DON'T fly until the weather is perfect SIr, Please don't let us pressure you Sir

But PLEASE make the A319 Roll-out video Sir!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:42 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
First of all - SHE FLIES

Today the weather was considerably better than yesterday, so i asked for a cameraman (Danke Malte). The first battery was used for taxiing. Just to get a feel for the Bus.
Then i changed the battery and after the shock right after takeoff (cg is OK, i just took off too early and the engines generate upward momentum) everything was fine. I flew with half throttle most of the time and the power is just alright for this bird.
The landing speed is still a bit too high but i didn´t want to push it on the maiden flight.
There are some minor problems to solve, like the wing locking screw i lost during taxi testing (don´t worry, just a metal cylinder to pull the locking pin backwards to separate the wing and the fuse). Then i will have to attach the gear doors and get the windows and stencils printed and applied.

By the way - this is the video:
RC Airbus A319 1:25th maiden flight (7 min 38 sec)

so... the focus can be set on other projects

Till then!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:26 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
15,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre kochanski View Post
first of all - she flies:d

today the weather was considerably better than yesterday, so i asked for a cameraman (danke malte). The first battery was used for taxiing. Just to get a feel for the bus.
Then i changed the battery and after the shock right after takeoff (cg is ok, i just took off too early and the engines generate upward momentum) everything was fine. I flew with half throttle most of the time and the power is just alright for this bird.
The landing speed is still a bit too high but i didn´t want to push it on the maiden flight.
There are some minor problems to solve, like the wing locking screw i lost during taxi testing (don´t worry, just a metal cylinder to pull the locking pin backwards to separate the wing and the fuse). Then i will have to attach the gear doors and get the windows and stencils printed and applied.

By the way - this is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcheog56n0w

so... The focus can be set on other projects

till then!
Congrads Brother Andre!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:46 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,690 Posts
That was awesome!!!

Congrats Andre you did a great job on this build.
What's next on your build list
Doushiyou12 is online now Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:19 PM
Nelson, B.C.
Joined Jun 2008
150 Posts
Congratulations Andre. Nicely done. How were the nerves. I am going downstairs right now to work on my buss.
chumbly is offline Find More Posts by chumbly
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:46 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
....the nerves....i almost needed new pants i am very lucky that i have those reflexes
But kim, you have to show us some pics of your bus! Would be cool!

doushiyou,
i have my long-term project Robbe BAe146 or Avro RJ70, then in a few days i will start a Robbe Arcus Airy 780 (780mm epo mini-hotliner). And i have another project in my CAD system...some would say it is an airliner too and some won´t. Fact is that it can carry up to 10 passengers and is driven by a pt-6a turboprop. And it is famous for its STOL-capabilities....
so, take a guess everyone who knows the answer gets a first CAD-screenshot