HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Sep 2011
73 Posts
Discussion
Help with buying a good motor to perform with my esc

hi guys, i have 2 turnigy 25A Plush esc's....

will these motors work well with them? i need sum help!!!

please let me know you pros!!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14738
leo.geo is offline Find More Posts by leo.geo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:29 AM
United Kingdom, England, Crawley
Joined Nov 2011
95 Posts
they look fine for the esc's motors max current is 15.8A so 25Amp esc will be fine.
matthew_herbe is online now Find More Posts by matthew_herbe
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,425 Posts
Yeah, that motor will work fine with your ESCs, but the airframe might not. You'll need a fairly specific motor and prop for any given plane, and simply choosing a motor that works with your ESC isn't a great way to match up a power system.

What plane is this intended for?
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:44 AM
Joined Sep 2011
73 Posts
i plan to use twin motors on a cargo plane, the one from the ..''twins'' thread... if an esc is rated at 25amp wont that be too much for a motor with a max current that is 15.8 amps tho?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:06 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,425 Posts
No. The motor will only draw as much current (amps) as it needs to spin the prop at your given input voltage. If you put a tiny prop on the motor it might only draw 5A, so that's all the motor and ESC have to handle. The ESC will simply take a maximum of 25A before you risk melting it or burning it out, whereas the motor is limited to about 16A. Since the motor can't take anywhere near what the ESC can, both components will be perfectly happy as long as you run the right prop.

Ideally you want the ESC to be rated about 20-30% higher than the highest amount of current that will ever be drawn by the motor (i.e. when you instantly crank it to full throttle from a dead stop). Your setup is good there.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Sep 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
No. The motor will only draw as much current (amps) as it needs to spin the prop at your given input voltage. If you put a tiny prop on the motor it might only draw 5A, so that's all the motor and ESC have to handle. The ESC will simply take a maximum of 25A before you risk melting it or burning it out, whereas the motor is limited to about 16A. Since the motor can't take anywhere near what the ESC can, both components will be perfectly happy as long as you run the right prop.

Ideally you want the ESC to be rated about 20-30% higher than the highest amount of current that will ever be drawn by the motor (i.e. when you instantly crank it to full throttle from a dead stop). Your setup is good there.
thankyou, your a hero!! cheers for the info... just as a guess what props would you think might be suitable for my project ?