HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:38 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Discussion
OPTIC 6 SPORT 2.4 - Firmware update V1.02(0)

HPP-22 V1.12(0)
. HTS-VOICE Firmware update and Set up can be upgraded by HPP-22.
. Firmware update for HTS-VOICE (Ver.1.03(0))!!
- Real time RX battery voltage announcing (w/o sensor station)
- Can be upgraded by HPP-22
. Firmware update for OPTIC 6 SPORT 2.4 (Ver.1.02(0))!!
- Refine Trainer function"

Instructions with pictures on how to remove old and install new HPP-22 program at
HPP-22 program file V1.12(0) now available.
================================================== ==

26 September 2012: New Ugrades
HPP-22 Upgrade to V1.13(0)
includes:
Optic 6 Sport 2.4 V1.03(0) Upgrade
- Improved Latency

================================================== =

Update Optic 6 Sport Transmitter as pictured:
Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Sep 27, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,066 Posts
Hi Alan

Been trying to find out this info. I needed a cheap buddy box for my A9. I have trained many who had the Optic6 not the sport. So I purchased an FM optic 6 version. Also purchased the spectra module. Did the swap out but cannot bind to either of my spare optima 7 RX's. On the TX module I get a flashing blue led. On the RX the red solid. Do a reset after binding and get very intermittent servo response. Extremely jittery and hardly responsive. Do I need to change a setting in the optic 6 PPM or whatever? I had purchase a combine module with two Rx's as a kit. FW version on the box is 2.02. I have never had issue binding my A9 etc. What am I doing wrong. I cannot find any info or documentation on doing an upgrade from FM to 2.4 on the optic 6. Thanks much
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
Hi Alan
Been trying to find out this info. I needed a cheap buddy box for my A9. I have trained many who had the Optic6 not the sport. So I purchased an FM optic 6 version. Also purchased the spectra module. Did the swap out but cannot bind to either of my spare optima 7 RX's. On the TX module I get a flashing blue led. On the RX the red solid. Do a reset after binding and get very intermittent servo response. Extremely jittery and hardly responsive. Do I need to change a setting in the optic 6 PPM or whatever? I had purchase a combine module with two Rx's as a kit. FW version on the box is 2.02. I have never had issue binding my A9 etc. What am I doing wrong. I cannot find any info or documentation on doing an upgrade from FM to 2.4 on the optic 6. Thanks much
Just answered same question on other thread before seeing this..

The Optic 6 does not "bind" to the Spectra Module.
Spectra module simply plugs into socket on reverse of Tx in lieu of the standard HPM-M or synthesised version.
Ensure Optic 6, via system menu (- hold down top left two buttons whilst switching on) is on PPM not QPCM and
although not essential with Spectra Module, preferably to keep standards, "N" shift.

The Spectra is a self contained Rf module has or update firmware version:
Spectra V2.00 for all transceivers V1.01 V1.04(0)
Spectra V3.01 for all Transceivers with V2.02 firmware & essential for Minima receivers (Optimum performance)
For further information, refer to:
. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

As Slave Tx, the slave does not need to be bound to the Tx nor even have a module installed.
As Master Tx, simply swap the module from the A9 to Optic 6, saves resetting transceiever/receiver
when changing between the two Tx.
The module contains the Rf link
. Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. - & Data Transfer A9<>A9 etc.
- Also covers Eclipse 7 Pro & other Hitec transmitters.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,066 Posts
Alan... Did all you suggested but it will not bind with any of my receivers neither 6,7 or 9 channels. I would have thought the procedure would be the same as my A9?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,066 Posts
Okay I just found out the problem. Got hold of the latest binding doc. Turns out I have to hit the link button on the tx for another 2 seconds to get the correct blink sequence. So finally have it communicating correctly. Slightly different than my A9. Thanks all for the help.