Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
Discussion
Trim Link doesn't seem to work - please help

Need some advice..

i'm programming flight conditions but i'm not sure i get how it works
(i've got software v1.08)

i've set all my trim and expo settings to "C" not "S" and I've activated the trim link "T.link" in both normal and condition 2.

however when i go to Condition 2 the elevator and rudder trims are neutral instead of where they should be as per Normal Flight Condition

is this correct or am I doing something wrong - i thought my trim settings should be carried over??

please help
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Last edited by big bird; Mar 19, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bird View Post
Need some advice.. i'm programming flight conditions but i'm not sure i get how it works (i've got software v1.08)
i've set all my trim and expo settings to "C" not "S" and I've activated the trim link "T.link" in both normal and condition 2. however when i go to Condition 2 the elevator and rudder trims are neutral instead of where they should be as per Normal Flight Condition is this correct or am I doing something wrong - i thought my trim settings shuld be carried over? please help
Please refer to explanations regarding use of those feature under:
Aurora 9 - Programming Problem? - Parameters must be set in correct order e.g. V_tail, see chart.

Aurora 9 - EPA & T.Limit (added V1.08) - Difference & Use.
Mixes can overthrow EPA% setting. Travel Limit is a hard stop point so mixes can not
overthrow % set in T.Limit and bind up a servo.

Aurora 9 - On Screen "C" <> "S" & "T.App ".
"C" is combined so if you want the same setting in different flight condition use it...
"S" is for single so as to make the setting unique to the condition.
T.App is Trim Apply - activate this if trims are to be the same in all conditions.
NB activate at start not part way/end of program or other conditions will be out of sync.
- Set Up Conditions incl. Video

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:34 PM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
ah right --i didn't realise that there was a necessary logical hierarchy to the sequence in which the radio has its information entered

so start with the general foundations like flight conditions and then move from there yeah?

many thanks

....yup, all working perfectly now
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Last edited by big bird; Mar 21, 2012 at 12:38 PM.