HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:31 PM
United States, VA, Mechanicsville
Joined Oct 2006
504 Posts
How soon before a few of us can help test...

Laz
Lazman is offline Find More Posts by Lazman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:34 PM
United States, CO, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2006
293 Posts
I need to get the drive gears parted out and hardened, then I can get 3-4 more with another block of hours making the last bits, bodies and sorting how I will do a simple instruction manual

I am still having design issues to sort, Maybe a month or two.
Nolan Farmer is offline Find More Posts by Nolan Farmer
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Oct 2006
504 Posts
Sweet...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:24 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
292 Posts
Too bad I'm not in CO, or else I'd offer to help you out . If you ever need a crash tester I'm told I excel at it

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskip View Post
Too bad I'm not in CO, or else I'd offer to help you out . If you ever need a crash tester I'm told I excel at it

-rskip
This is true!! Very Very Good.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined Feb 2007
262 Posts
hi,.

after many tests, we used this one :

OS Engines Carburetor #40D .40/.46LA OSM24081000

you need a separate high regulation.
In my opinion, we would have had to test a pressure regulation as a Cline valve, we maybe would have been able to get more from the OS26CSII, but it worked quite fine without it.
We found a lot of problems with some muffler tests, but i think the real reason was the tank pressure.

i hope this can help.
bye
Manuspain is offline Find More Posts by Manuspain
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Jun 2006
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuspain View Post
hi,.

after many tests, we used this one :

OS Engines Carburetor #40D .40/.46LA OSM24081000

you need a separate high regulation.
In my opinion, we would have had to test a pressure regulation as a Cline valve, we maybe would have been able to get more from the OS26CSII, but it worked quite fine without it.
We found a lot of problems with some muffler tests, but i think the real reason was the tank pressure.

i hope this can help.
bye
Ahhhh, the first OS26S-C came with a single needle carb that size. I am planning to try it again. My engine head did not like it when I did the first test.

There was no advantage to running the larger HPI carb. With the gravity feed I am using it just makes a bigger mess. I need a small plastic fuel petcock. With the motor turned uside down now the fuel does not fill up the bottom end and I don't get hydraulic lock

I got on a set of TT plastic rims and new PMT's, found a RC road course an hour and a half away ......Prepped and everything.....................Then My Nomadio radio died eeyie
Old May 01, 2012, 05:04 AM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Farmer View Post

With the gravity feed I am using it just makes a bigger mess. I need a small plastic fuel petcock. With the motor turned uside down now the fuel does not fill up the bottom end and I don't get hydraulic lock
I had the same feeding issues in my bike (fuel tank inside riderīs body) until I installed a Cline valve.

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...g?d=1321282425

This is a must with high tank setups like mine and yours. Still works perfectly after three years of bashing/racing.

Manu saw it at the past Spanish Nats and too many people asked about it because Iīm the only Spanish driver with a high tank setup nitro bike.

And a tip about the Cline regulator. They suggest to use a one way valve at muffler pressure line to presurize the tank but this is not a must in our bikes. Pressure given by a standard line and fuel weight is more than enough.

A presurized tank setup stabilize carb settings on planes, which can flip, roll and climb at high speeds and fuel weight changes a lot during those manouvers.

About the main separate main needle, Iīve installed this one right after Cline regulator.

http://www.mirax.cl/productos/n20001...100/m28099.jpg

Itīs an OS unit and allows you to install it anywhere (two mounting holes). The cons, its plastic body. Iīve destroyed one at last race when another bike crashed with mine. So keep it inside chassis...

Hope this helps.

Cesar.
trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
Last edited by trf_414_m2; May 01, 2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old May 01, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Jun 2006
293 Posts
RIP Mr. Cline

I have a space reserved for the Cline regulator, I have received mixed reviews of the CR from testers and question avalibility in the future. It runs fine without it but makes a bigger mess. A valve that is easy to get to could work, there will always be a certain amout of unspent fuel to deal with. There is no valve I can buy I think.

I will have to try that carb, thanks. This one would never last in a crash.
Old May 01, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
At one time pc/rc made some sorta electronic fuel management system,it was really cool!!!! Sorta like fuel injection for these little motors. It came as a kit a little electronic fuel pump,exhaust sensor and i guess it would be a mini ecu.It worked with motors ranging from .10 to a .60 i believe.There is 5 tiny micro switches that was used in any combination to get your tune.You had back the needle valve out on the carb.Then your throttle servo plug into the the little ecu unit.Then the unit plus into the spot on the reciever the throttle servo would go. I have 2 sets of these things from a longtime ago and i never got around to using them.one i could find and the other i don't have a clue where it is.
I was thinking of trying it out on this next bike build.
If you scroll down: You'll a very bad pic i took from back in the days. Dang here's the thread i started with the terrible pics.LOL
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to worry about vapor lock. I got it because of a quad i built many years ago had a top mounted tank.And i had the same problems as you did.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343521
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Last edited by swheels; May 01, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old May 01, 2012, 02:57 PM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
560 Posts
Iīve heard comments about Cline regulator future availability too, since I read owner wanted to sell the name, proyect and stock...

So it could be time to get several before dissapear.

trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
Old May 15, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Oct 2006
504 Posts
Any new pics or test results?
Old May 16, 2012, 07:51 AM
Joined Jun 2006
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazman View Post
Any new pics or test results?
The good news Laz is that it flicks around like a little bicycle and even though I have it geared slightly taller than before, it hit a note in the upper RPM's that I have never heard before.................And it got there quicker without wheel-spin or any sign of a wheelie.
Later my radio glitched and it ran itself into a curb at speed It really tested the crash system built into the steering stem). It looks like Patrics forks made it through OK! I'll post a picture when I get to the shop.
I got a OS 11D slide carb to work and it has the best access to adjustments. It is not as good as the rotary though for it is really sensitive to input with the short travel of the slide. The issues with the fuel running through the engine when stopped and making a mess seemed to diminish.
I will probably have to re-make a couple of parts in the chassis for sometimes it will not hold the gear mesh constant with the forces of the starter drive applied to it.

Clint will NOT be happy about it
Old May 16, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jun 2006
293 Posts
Radio Glitches

This thing is/was REALLY fast now!
I should have stopped the first time it nailed the throttle on me. I don't know what's up with this Futaba setup I am using.
I miss my Nomadio/Spectrum combo

Someone once told me "You never do anything easy Nolan"..........eyieee
Old May 16, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Jun 2006
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Farmer View Post
This thing is/was REALLY fast now!
I should have stopped the first time it nailed the throttle on me. I don't know what's up with this Futaba setup I am using.
I miss my Nomadio/Spectrum combo

Someone once told me "You never do anything easy Nolan"..........eyieee
Nolan, what RX are you using?

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip