Joined Sep 2004
194 Posts
Discussion
New Lear type jet from Hobby Lobby

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/executive-jet.htm

So much for the Kyosho version.

Shipping Dec.21
killerstick is offline Find More Posts by killerstick
Last edited by killerstick; Oct 26, 2007 at 01:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2007, 03:37 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Just saw this at HL. I have two perfect high rpm outrunners for this and I certainly didn't pay what they want for the darn near exact same motors.

This will be my christmas present. If the Gfriend doesn't get it for me, well then it will still find its way under the tree one way or another. LOL

Going to do the retract route as well.

soo cool!!
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Oct 26, 2007, 07:39 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
I saw this in the last catalogue I got from Hobby-lobby. Its definitely a nice plane and I do have the SF fans with motors already in my posession. They are a bit higher KV then the 3500 motors listed, but will work great. I am also up for the retracts. In fact, those gear look very nice that I might try and fit them to an F-14 I have too.
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:54 AM
Joined Dec 2005
714 Posts
I'm really interested in this plane,it looks fantastic!When i get one i would like to have retracts too,would this plane be ok on short grass for take offs,this would be my first airplane with retracts is there any pitfalls i should look for as to operating retracts?
redtail is offline Find More Posts by redtail
Old Oct 28, 2007, 01:59 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail
I'm really interested in this plane,it looks fantastic!When i get one i would like to have retracts too,would this plane be ok on short grass for take offs,this would be my first airplane with retracts is there any pitfalls i should look for as to operating retracts?
If something happens in flight, such as losing motor power, most ppl recommend landing asap and in this case, you may not be able to get it to the runway(or short mowed grass). In this case, or other relevant emergency, consider retracting the gear and belly land it so you dont rip out the gear.
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:04 AM
Joined Dec 2005
714 Posts
Thanks for your reply Kahloq -funny enough i have a PPL i did it in the States in Florida(Ormond Beach).I live in the U.K,haven't flown for 3 years now but now got into R/C flying.I really like this Lear Jet,it looks so graceful.Guess you guys in the States will get it before we do in the U.K.
All the best.
Paul (I'm on the left in the photo)
redtail is offline Find More Posts by redtail
Last edited by redtail; Oct 29, 2007 at 10:13 AM.