SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:20 PM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2014
91 Posts
Cool
Let's See Your Flitetest Electrohub

hey ,
lets see your flitetest electrohub frames and batbone and anycopter.
here i will start with mine.
Name: IMAG0387.jpg
Views: 165
Size: 1.00 MB
Description:
Name: IMAG0388.jpg
Views: 149
Size: 904.2 KB
Description:
sorry for the bad quality on one of them.
so lets see yours and tell us how it flies or if it hasn't flown yet.
matt (aka Random_rc)
Random_rc is offline Find More Posts by Random_rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2014, 05:32 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2014
91 Posts
hello does anyone what to share there awesome multicopters
Old Aug 21, 2014, 02:03 AM
Louis CK, it's raining now!
United States, TX
Joined Mar 2014
153 Posts
Sure. I'll share mine. I just built it over two evenings Monday and Tuesday. I'm running T-Motor MS2212-13 980KV motors, F-20A Fire Red esc's, a pimped flip 1.5 FC, with 9047 Gemfan props.

I still need to figure out how to set height hold. I'd also like to use Aux2 for horizon mode but I can't figure out how to use Aux 1 for baro height hold and aux 2 for horizon. I also still need to set up failsafe. It flies really well though. Had one cartwheel in my garage and nothing broke even though I have soft wood booms on it right now. I misdrilled the original booms a bit and replace them with some half inch square dowels I had laying around. But it is like I said, softer wood unfortunately.

Warning: If you click the bar to see the full image, be prepared to scroll. These pics are large. I was too lazy to edit.

edit:// AUW with a 2200 lipo and FPV gear is 800g.
Syn_Ack is offline Find More Posts by Syn_Ack
Last edited by Syn_Ack; Aug 21, 2014 at 02:43 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 03:03 AM
United States, TX
Joined Mar 2014
153 Posts
How's your flying Random? I've only loitered around the park across the street a bit after dark. It was rainy and windy today. Looking forward to getting her out and about some tomorrow. I'm a little nervous to fly it actually. Never owned a multirotor with wood booms and I don't feel like building it again so soon if I crash! lol
Old Aug 22, 2014, 03:54 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2014
91 Posts
good job that looks great. mine flies great and i am flying with out auto level on and i am using the kk2.1. but i recently crashed due to a nut that holds the prop down came loose during flight and i broke 2 booms and i only have 1 spare back boom, but other than that it flies great
and mine is heavier (around a kilo) with the same battery but i am using bigger props and motors than you
thanks for your post

matt
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:30 AM
United States, TX
Joined Mar 2014
153 Posts
Well, I've got about 30 flights on this thing so far including one full fpv flight, and I somehow I have not broken as much as a single prop.

I've had a few hard landings that popped some of the landing gear off but other than that it has been really smooth.

I will say it tends to drift easily with the wind. I can't remember feeling it as much with other quads I've had this size but maybe I did.

I wish some other people would post their builds. I'd love to see more....
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:31 PM
Renamed user, here since 2004
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jul 2014
34 Posts
Nice to see some Hub's being posted here.. I've have the kit on my bench for a couple of weeks now and today I started the build... I've been tossing around a few ideas on setting mine up for fpv with a board cam and a Mobius action cam for HD recording. I have a GoPro and the camera mount but I think I wanna try something different.

I Have 4 Sunny Sky 980 kv's I was thinking of using with 9x4 props but I think it would be interesting to try the Sunny Sky 1280's with 8x4's on them... Not sure yet
The Todd is offline Find More Posts by The Todd
Old Oct 06, 2014, 05:55 PM
United States, TX
Joined Mar 2014
153 Posts
That looks good Todd. The only problem I could foresee is if it flips your Mobius is exposed to ground strikes depending on the height of your prop adapters.

Any luck on the build yet?

Casey
Old Oct 07, 2014, 02:27 AM
Joined Jul 2014
34 Posts
Hi Casey... I have not done to much with the hub yet... I have the frame built (and we all know thats not much work) and I just got the electronics on order from Ready To Fly Quads yesterday.

I had to shelve this project for a short time while I took on building a candy drop plane for my club.. I just got that project done and now the Hub is back in the bench... I will post more as I go on the build

T
Old Oct 12, 2014, 04:23 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2014
91 Posts
looks great/ great idea
on a slightly different topic what program was used to create those images.

does any one want to post there quad.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 07:42 PM
Joined Jul 2014
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_rc View Post
looks great/ great idea
on a slightly different topic what program was used to create those images.

does any one want to post there quad.
I use Google Sketchup for designing and the images are a 2D export from that.

I will be adding some pics mine soon... The electronics I ordered should be here tomorrow then the fun will start
Old Oct 14, 2014, 06:13 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2014
91 Posts
what is the orange part made out of? also will you have the plans up available for everyone to download?
matt
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:56 PM
Joined Jul 2014
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_rc View Post
what is the orange part made out of? also will you have the plans up available for everyone to download?
matt

The orange part is going to be made just from 1/8 plywood. I will certainly make the plans available to anyone who wants them, I just wanna get the bugs worked out before I post it

I got the electronics today from Ready To Fly Quads... Tomorrow is looking like im going to have some time to work on it.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:26 AM
Canada, AB, Division No. 1
Joined Feb 2014
62 Posts
I'll share my bat bone that I built. Unfortunately it was my most disappointing build I was really expecting more out of the frame.

Crazyjoker77 is offline Find More Posts by Crazyjoker77
Old Oct 15, 2014, 06:02 AM
Joined Jul 2014
34 Posts
Crazyjoker77, I have to agree, tho for me the Bat Bones was my first multirotor build and really learned a lot from that frame. So I would have to say that for someone starting out with a MR its a good frame to start with but for a "seasoned" MR pilot you may not get much out of it. Wouldn't you agree?

I since have gone on to designing and building my own frames as I've gone on to doing flips and the like. SimpleCopter has some great designs and I personally have beat the ever loving snot out them in the air and (the ground) and they hold up very well!

After hitting the ground several times trying to lean the art of flipping with the Bat Bones I broke a lot of the plastic's and eventually broke the G10 frame, so I retired it to my air frame wall in my shop.

Oh and NICE hanger of MR's you got there! Impressive!