HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:04 PM
Joined Nov 2005
116 Posts
Discussion
M-tronics 15 amp Viper esc ?

Hi all about 4 years ago i purchased 2- 15 amp Viper speed controls the first programed no problem the 2nd unit i can't get reverse programed the red light comes on i pull back the stick then re turn to neutral and still no reverse. What am i doing wrong? Regards Andris Golts.
riggerman is offline Find More Posts by riggerman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:48 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2011
2,160 Posts
How are they wired to the receiver? IF, you are using them by the "BEC" wiring, you HAVE to remove one of the red power wires, or, NOT turn on the second "BEC" switch. Otherwise, you can fry the electronics.
CaptCB is offline Find More Posts by CaptCB
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:02 AM
Joined Nov 2005
116 Posts
Hi CaptCB im only using the bec system as the esc was sold to me .Regards Andris Golts.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:09 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,424 Posts
Yes, but if you use TWO speed controls, and BOTH have BEC, then they can cause
interferance to each other. Disconnect one of the red wires from ONE of the two ESC, or
Be sure to leave the BEC turned off on ONE of the ESC.

Otherwise they may cause feed back to each other and one or both will malfunction, or burn up.

Umi_Ryuzuki is online now Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Jun 11, 2014, 05:59 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
2,995 Posts
What do the instructions say about altering the program? On some, by button pressing, you could reprogram for forward only as well as other options. Now, if only I could remember where I had put the instructions for my last one...
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:33 PM
Joined Nov 2005
116 Posts
Hi thanks to all for the excellent information let me elaborate on my project im building the retrieve catmaran called the electric go -for published in 1994 RCBM magazine its 2 seperate hulls with 2 plastic pipes joining them each hull has a seperate esc battery and motor plugging into 1 receiver 1 motor in throttle channel the other motor in the elevator channel no rudder's hull steered by the 2 motors. I will disconect the red lead from 1 of the esc 's and try again .Regards Andris Golts.