SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:28 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Help!
M5 E-gyro HELP!!!

I FINALLY got around to putting the e-gyro in that I received from Gregor.

Trouble is it isn't working. I hear 4 bleeps from the rear wheel, and that's it. No spooling up, nothing.

I can't remember my password for rc motorrad and I have tried and failed to open a new account, so I currently cannot ask there.

So I'm hoping our European friends can help me.

Just why is it not working? I have left it as standard with the automatic start, and the leads are direct to a fully charged 2s lipo.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Jan 08, 2013 at 02:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:23 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
I FINALLY got around to putting the e-gyro in that I received from Gregor.

Trouble is it isn't working. I hear 4 bleeps from the rear wheel, and that's it. No spooling up, nothing.

I can't remember my password for rc motorrad and I have tried and failed to open a new account, so I currently cannot ask there.

So I'm hoping our European friends can help me.

Just why is it not working? I have left it as standard with the automatic start, and the leads are direct to a fully charged 2s lipo.
Jonathan
Back to the cold now !
Did you ever sort this out and if so has it transformed the bike as hoped
I have done no more regarding something my side
Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:48 AM
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Hi Jim.

It was just the auto start that was faulty, it spins up when attached to the potentiometer. I was being a wuss and didn't want to remove the auto start.

With the weather being so grim, I have yet to test it. Ideally, I'd like to test at the track, so I can have some meaningful correlation, but the place is still an utter swamp, but we are looking at having an away day at an astroturf buggy track in Sleaford, so I think it'll be next weekend before I see some comparative results.
Pointless trying it out on tarmac, I want to know what it's like over bumps etc. That's where the proof of the pudding lies.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:11 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
Hi Jim.

It was just the auto start that was faulty, it spins up when attached to the potentiometer. I was being a wuss and didn't want to remove the auto start.

Understood as break the seal and warranty may go out the door

With the weather being so grim, I have yet to test it. Ideally, I'd like to test at the track, so I can have some meaningful correlation, but the place is still an utter swamp, but we are looking at having an away day at an astroturf buggy track in Sleaford,

Likewise down here where I have one of those so called 'toy ' jet boats but easy to convert to brushless .Having fun in areas normally reserved for sheep to graze

so I think it'll be next weekend before I see some comparative results.
Pointless trying it out on tarmac, I want to know what it's like over bumps etc. That's where the proof of the pudding lies.
Look forward to hearing results.Are you still intending to graft on the Venom brake? If so will out the adaptor block next week
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Yep, the front brake is a must. It's got to help lower laptimes.