HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 05, 2012, 02:39 PM
SAINT PORCHAIRE/ FRANCE
Joined Apr 2009
24 Posts
Hello Jim,

Is a JR 11X ZERO compatible with your new system ?

Thanks.

A+FRED
fredtrex17 is offline Find More Posts by fredtrex17
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Jul 2009
168 Posts
XPS motherboard in A9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Of course!
If the Xps motherboard is installed in the stock A9 so the XPS receivers can be used, would it also be necessary to replace the stock A9 module with the XPS module? (does the upgrade require the purchase of both motherboard and module if it is used as a tx, and not just buddy box?) Thanks.
flyingfever is online now Find More Posts by flyingfever
Old May 06, 2012, 12:46 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfever View Post
If the Xps motherboard is installed in the stock A9 so the XPS receivers can be used, would it also be necessary to replace the stock A9 module with the XPS module? (does the upgrade require the purchase of both motherboard and module if it is used as a tx, and not just buddy box?) Thanks.
...the hitec module will serve no purpose. no XPS module needed, the motherboard turns the radio into the XPS system... will have an empty module dock on the back of the radio.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old May 06, 2012, 01:09 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtrex17 View Post
Hello Jim,

Is a JR 11X ZERO compatible with your new system ?

Thanks.

A+FRED
We have no plans for a JR11x Zero board replacement. I have never actually seen one of these transmitters, so I am not sure what board is actually used in it, and how much effort there would be to make one vs. the return. This is not a popular transmitter due to the "Transformers" toy look.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 01:10 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
theKM is correct. We include the RF on the replacement board itself.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 09:18 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,808 Posts
Quote:
We have no plans for a JR11x Zero board replacement. I have never actually seen one of these transmitters, so I am not sure what board is actually used in it, and how much effort there would be to make one vs. the return. This is not a popular transmitter due to the "Transformers" toy look.
lol.. I love my Cylon looking tx.. Still using the XPS tx module in mine.

No probs as long as you come up with a 9XII board
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old May 06, 2012, 02:19 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
There comes a point where making a universal board might be a better choice. Might need to have multiple rows of connection points and force them to all be soldered to make the board more compact to fit things like the 9C and other radios of the same era. This would also lend itself to users that want to build their own custom transmitters, especially single stick users who are pretty much forced to adapt old transmitters or build completely from scratch.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old May 06, 2012, 03:51 PM View Post
OP_T
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old May 06, 2012, 05:51 PM
SailPlane'r
wernersville, Pa
Joined May 2006
78 Posts
Am I correct in assuming that this new transmitter will be able to program the receivers channel mapping and failsafe without the need for the XDP and computer, at the field?
cluft is online now Find More Posts by cluft
Old May 06, 2012, 06:22 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
There comes a point where making a universal board might be a better choice. Might need to have multiple rows of connection points and force them to all be soldered to make the board more compact to fit things like the 9C and other radios of the same era. This would also lend itself to users that want to build their own custom transmitters, especially single stick users who are pretty much forced to adapt old transmitters or build completely from scratch.
I would have liked to have done this. It would have made my job much easier. But, the reality is that every transmitter uses a different set of controls for programming inputs, such as rotary wheels vs. scroll wheels, buttons vs. switches, etc. There really is no way to make a "universal" type board because you are going to also need a board to hold an encoder, push buttons, etc. You might as well make that same board hold everything.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 06:23 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluft View Post
Am I correct in assuming that this new transmitter will be able to program the receivers channel mapping and failsafe without the need for the XDP and computer, at the field?
Yes, that is correct. The transmitter will have all of the same functions that the XDP (and its various PC software) can provide.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 06:26 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Yes, that is correct. The transmitter will have all of the same functions that the XDP (and its various PC software) can provide.
That is friggin awsome!! Not having to screw with the xdp cable and a laptop is cool
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old May 06, 2012, 11:24 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OP_T View Post
I guess that in your case the name is appropriate!!! Boy, some of the crap you come up with.

Nice personal attack from a two post user.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old May 07, 2012, 03:05 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
647 Posts
I'm thinking it's probably a throwaway account.
hawkz is online now Find More Posts by hawkz
Old May 07, 2012, 06:58 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Nice personal attack from a two post user.
Yup... not worthy of a response beyond this
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Closed Thread