HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:35 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
So is Deviation now working on the Devo 10?

Gerard.

Yes, I have it in my Devo 10.

You need to download these two files.

1. deviation-devo10-v2.0.0
Deviation version 2.0.0 for DEVO 10

2. deviation-fs-devo10-v2.0.0
Deviation version 2.0.0 Filesystem for DEVO 10

http://www.deviationtx.com/repositor...viation-2.0.0/

The emulators are for the computer.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:23 PM
AKA Shane
Utica, MI
Joined Sep 2009
296 Posts
I just switched to Deviation 2 on my Devo10. There are a few small things to work out, but wow! I was able to bind with a Spektrum compatible Orange 6ch. receiver (they are like $6 at Hobbyking). Switched modes. Everything was in Mode 2. Also, I needed to change failsafe on throttle (it went to half throttle when I turned off my TX first).

Nice! Nice! Nice! I might have to say buh-bye to my worn out Dx6i. One transmitter controls them all!
hz6b9k is offline Find More Posts by hz6b9k
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:02 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Sounds too good to be true! Think I'll have to read up and do the updates on my Devo 10
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
I am going to make a How to video on how to update the Devo TX to the Deviation Firmware.

Tom
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:58 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
I am going to make a How to video on how to update the Devo TX to the Deviation Firmware.

Tom
Thank you, I'm sure it will be appreciated by many and not just myself, its one of the things scaring me from upgrading - if I mess it up, my TX would be knackered
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:

Tom
That would be great!

And then maybe you can follow up with a video on installing the A7105-500m module for the FS-TH9x protocol.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:00 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
380 Posts
Thanks Tom
I just got word that my new Devo 10 is on it's way to me. I originally had it included with my Hoten X that I bought back in mid August but it was faulty (would no longer turn on) and I had to send it back for warranty work with Walkera. I was getting tired of waiting and finally got the on-line shop that I bought it from to send me a new one. I never even got to use it once.
I'm looking forward to your How-to video and, like gordonzo said, if you are planning on installing the "Flysky chip" from a v911 tx. or other, a How-to video would be much appreciated for that as well.
Thanks,

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
How to upgrade Devo TX Firmware to Deviation Firmware Video

Your welcome guys.

I just made a step by step video on How to upgrade Devo TX Firmware to Deviation Firmware.

It is in my How to videos post in my sticky. It is the last video on the bottom.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=31

Tom
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Nov 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Your welcome guys.

I just made a step by step video on How to upgrade Devo TX Firmware to Deviation Firmware.

It is in my How to videos post in my sticky. It is the last video on the bottom.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=31

Tom
Good work. Thanks for the tutorial
quikster is offline Find More Posts by quikster
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:01 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,798 Posts
Ive got several devo 10 and rx802 receivers. Both of which have long dual antenna's. According to the manual of the receivers, the optimum performance could be achieved by arranging the antenna 90 degrees apart. ... This could be a cumbersome task because I am lazy i admit. Looking at the old walkera 2801pro rx and also the devo rx801... the antenna is relatively short....waaay short. I want to know if it would be ok to cut the long antenna to match the short lengths on the latter mentioned receivers?
tengarang is online now Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:11 AM
Belgium
Joined Jan 2011
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
Ive got several devo 10 and rx802 receivers. Both of which have long dual antenna's. According to the manual of the receivers, the optimum performance could be achieved by arranging the antenna 90 degrees apart. ... This could be a cumbersome task because I am lazy i admit. Looking at the old walkera 2801pro rx and also the devo rx801... the antenna is relatively short....waaay short. I want to know if it would be ok to cut the long antenna to match the short lengths on the latter mentioned receivers?
Never cut the long antennas

If you do you may trow away your RX it will be wortless.

Grtz Ed
brianos007 is offline Find More Posts by brianos007
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:25 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianos007 View Post
Never cut the long antennas

If you do you may trow away your RX it will be wortless.

Grtz Ed
Thanks again Ed
tengarang is online now Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:01 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jan 2008
48 Posts
Deviation

Hi guys,
Just a shout out to PB and all the guys who did this for us. Deviation rocks and the latest version is simply sweet! I have it with my RC glow plane and a Blade CX2 as well as my new to me V120D02s. I am a CP heli new guy so still trying figure it all out but all the birds are flying nicely and it's sweet to have on TX to do it all.

Furthermore, Deviation allows much more than the stock Devo10 firmware. I love the customize-ability and ease of use. Thanks to Tom Z as well for all the tutorial info and anyone else who worked on this. Great Job!!

Best Regards,
John
JFS737 is offline Find More Posts by JFS737
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
262 Posts
Thanks for the great "How to" vids Tom. I'm looking at a Devo 10 to fly my Blade MSR, Super FP and soon a 120sr. I was looking at a DX6i and keeping my 2402D(non-programable ) for the Super FP. I like the 1 programmable tx for all my heli's and the not limited to 1 or 2 brands of BNF heli choices. I have problems reading so the vids helped out a lot in deciding between a Devo 10 and DX6i.
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS737 View Post
Hi guys,
Just a shout out to PB and all the guys who did this for us. Deviation rocks and the latest version is simply sweet! I have it with my RC glow plane and a Blade CX2 as well as my new to me V120D02s. I am a CP heli new guy so still trying figure it all out but all the birds are flying nicely and it's sweet to have on TX to do it all.

Furthermore, Deviation allows much more than the stock Devo10 firmware. I love the customize-ability and ease of use. Thanks to Tom Z as well for all the tutorial info and anyone else who worked on this. Great Job!!

Best Regards,
John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Thanks for the great "How to" vids Tom. I'm looking at a Devo 10 to fly my Blade MSR, Super FP and soon a 120sr. I was looking at a DX6i and keeping my 2402D(non-programable ) for the Super FP. I like the 1 programmable tx for all my heli's and the not limited to 1 or 2 brands of BNF heli choices. I have problems reading so the vids helped out a lot in deciding between a Devo 10 and DX6i.

Your welcome. I'm glad I was able to make the videos.
The new Deviation 2.1.0 version looks good so far. I have been watching the threads on it.
It is nice to be able to use one transmitter for so many helicopters.