HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:56 AM
United States, VA, Haymarket
Joined Jan 2011
9 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking customer service stinks

I purchased a Harrier EDF from HK when inventoring the contents of the box I found I was missing the canopy. I spoke with online support and was told to send pic of boxes which I did. I was then asked to send pics of whole aircraft which I did. This started on Jan. 22. They closed my complaint on Feb. 6 without telling me anything in an e-mail exept they were doing an internal investigation, I STILL DO NOT HAVE A CANOPY OR ANY IDEA IF THEY ARE GOING TO SEND ONE. IF THIS IS HOW THEY DO CUSTONER SERVICE I WILL ORDER ELSE WHERE.
planfixr is offline Find More Posts by planfixr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Dec 2003
36 Posts
wow, I am really surprised.. Usually, ordering an item from a foreign country and counting on them to care about you, is really a good idea .. I can't imagine what went wrong...

Oh well, at least you saved a little money..

(said with tongue firmly planted in cheek )

O.
Offwigo is offline Find More Posts by Offwigo
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:58 PM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
Novi, Michigan, United States
Joined Jan 2001
2,543 Posts
Caveat emptor. Or is it, "Carpe jugulum?"

I never was very good at Latin.

- Roger
gnofliwr is offline Find More Posts by gnofliwr
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:00 PM
Winter Haven FL
Joined Dec 2003
508 Posts
If you want good service, buy from a local source. If you want to pay the least amount possible, buy from an overseas vendor that you will never see face to face.

Service costs money, so make do with what you got and pay a little more next time if you want better service.
Byrdman is offline Find More Posts by Byrdman
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:18 PM
fmw
Joined Jul 2009
1,955 Posts
Please, let me have my cake and eat it too. I want to pay 1/3 the price of the hobby shop and then get outstanding customer service!!!! A little common sense, please.
fmw is offline Find More Posts by fmw
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, NY, CENTRAL VLY
Joined May 2011
1,029 Posts
Customer: I've got a problem...
HH: Sorry to hear that, we'll get a new plane out to you today...

HK: ...(sound of crickets)....

I too fall victim to the ridiculously low prices of HK, but I do so knowing full well that I'm completely on my own for doing so.
ausf is offline Find More Posts by ausf
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:26 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,197 Posts
You don't get the best of anything from the lowest cost seller. They probably don't even see the drop-shipped items.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Feb 09, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Sep 2008
675 Posts
I'm surprised that you didn't get a couple additional responses:

1. They want you to weigh the package you received and send them the weight to the nearest gram (including all the packing material, even the tape you threw away).

2. They can't reply to your email because it is a Chinese holiday (and you get the same email response week after week after week).

See, you have more fun to look forward to!
aurorae is offline Find More Posts by aurorae
Old May 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Dec 2010
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausf View Post
HH: Sorry to hear that, we'll get a new plane out to you today...

HK: ...(sound of crickets)....

I too fall victim to the ridiculously low prices of HK, but I do so knowing full well that I'm completely on my own for doing so.
Haha, that's exactly right! Horizon has great Customer Service! So does Hobbico
Rcflyyer1 is offline Find More Posts by Rcflyyer1
Old May 14, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcflyyer1 View Post
Haha, that's exactly right! Horizon has great Customer Service! So does Hobbico

I just bought a Flyzone DR.1 and the transmitter came DOA. So did an anylink cable.........an email to hobbico was answered in 24 hrs. In 2 weeks time, replacements are in my hand. Thumbs up to hobbico for good service!

I've had mostly good dealings with horizon and one rare bad one, even the bad one was not really worth mentioning. Dealing with them is easy and a pleasure.

Hobby King needs lessons on customer service, you won't get any results in two weeks...... and it may take a paypal claim to make anything happen.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320