SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:07 PM
USA, OH, Oberlin
Joined Oct 2004
483 Posts
Discussion
F22 down thrust question

I have a question about down thrust on this F22 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740049 . When
I try to fly it it has some built in down thrust. With the motor in the middle of the wing almost at the Center of Gravity. If I want up thrust in the motor do I want the prop to point up or down. I am asking because the prop is slightly behind Center of Gravity.

THANKS in advance
propjobbill is offline Find More Posts by propjobbill
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2011, 07:48 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propjobbill View Post
I have a question about down thrust on this F22 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740049 . When
I try to fly it it has some built in down thrust. With the motor in the middle of the wing almost at the Center of Gravity. If I want up thrust in the motor do I want the prop to point up or down. I am asking because the prop is slightly behind Center of Gravity.

THANKS in advance
I would think up is want you want
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:38 AM
1400 watt RW Zephyr
Taranaki New Zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,336 Posts
i remember from my budgetrc F22 that zero thrust angle is required
matwelli is offline Find More Posts by matwelli
Old Nov 25, 2011, 03:46 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,723 Posts
You might receive more response if you post your question in the Scratchbuilt Foamies forum, instead of the Flying Wing Forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/foamies-scratchbuilt-428/
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Nov 25, 2011, 09:53 AM
USA, OH, Oberlin
Joined Oct 2004
483 Posts
Thanks, I also posted in the scratchbuilt fourm. The plane wants to go down after launch even with a good amount up elevator. So what I am trying to find out is if I need to ajust the propeller to face up or down. I know it would be up if the motor was at the front. But if the motor is at the back making the prop go up will lift the back of the plane. Which means the front of the plan will go down.

Because the propeller is behind the CG maybe pointing the prop up will make the plane dive. It's to windy here for the next few days. When the wind dies down I will try both ways to see which works. It is close to being correct. The average wind here for the next few days will be 14mph or more. This is a small version 14"ws at 3oz. AUW so that is too much wind for me.
propjobbill is offline Find More Posts by propjobbill