HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Tom Z, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:54 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Data
Transmitter Setup Guides - How to Videos - Models for Deviation Firmware

All of my Transmitter Setup Guides, How to Videos, and Models for Deviation Firmware are on my web site: http://www.rcproreviews.com/

bobepine's Genius CP setup guide is also on my site. http://www.rcproreviews.com/walkera-...e-by-bobepine/

I added a lot of new setup guides and will keep adding more as new models come out and for the models that I review.

I also made a lot of models for the Deviation Firmware. http://www.rcproreviews.com/deviation-firmware-models/
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; Apr 25, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:28 AM
zaragoza (spain)
Joined Dec 2006
97 Posts
uff
Good job
congratulation!
jaimerioco is offline Find More Posts by jaimerioco
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:15 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Very well done Tom.

Beyond impressive.

Your attention to detail is admirable. Hope you are suitably rewarded if you follow suit in whatever you do for a living.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:09 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Nice work Tom. You have done way more than I would be willing to do with this one. Awesome job bud.

Darryl
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:03 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,594 Posts
Great job Tom, I don't know what RCGroups would do without your hard work and I love for the Hobby. Thankyou for great review everything else you for US Vronny
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:05 PM
Tokyo
Joined Sep 2009
446 Posts
Hi Tom,

I installed RX2610V2 that had reached from WOW yesterday in 4G6FBLmod.
Then, I found very important trick to the setting of 1SERVO of TX(WK2801Pro V2.2).

It is that a top and bottom of SWASHPLATE direction changes by the polarity of (+/-) of PIT of SWASHMIX of 3SERVOS.
Numerical values are quite unrelated and only the polarity of PIT influences the direction.

It sets to 3SERVOS, the polarity of (+/-) of PIT of SWASHMIX is set, and it returns it to 1SERVO again once.

In (+) setting of SWASHMIX PIT, SWASH is moved in the direction of down by throttle UP.
It is moved in the opposite direction in (-) setting.

Do not forget to return it to the setting of 1SERVO.

Thanks,
Tipstar is offline Find More Posts by Tipstar
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:21 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Genius CP 6 axis beginner setup guide by livonia bob

I have removed the setup guide.
Due to Bob posting a private email I sent him and his comments about me, I will no longer work with him again.
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; Jun 15, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:21 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
Subscribed
Comme une montre Suisse. I wrote "It is made like a Swiss watch .Thanks Tom Z. Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Last edited by segroegt; Mar 14, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Apr 2011
5 Posts
Thanks from Italy for the EXTRAORDINARY Guides!

You save people's time.

EV
elyvolution is offline Find More Posts by elyvolution
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
938 Posts
Subscribed!

This thread is an EXTREMELY valuable tool. Thank you Tom Z!

-Shane
ShaneXman is online now Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 05:44 PM
V120D02S, GCP
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Feb 2012
142 Posts
Devo 7 fixed manual

I have started marking up the Walkera Devo 7 manual with comments to make it clearer for newbies on how to operate, program and just get their head around this vaguely written manual. I will be updating these files periodically as there appear to be many errors in the manual.

Maybe Tom Z can link my manual in the first post. I will be updating it as I gain more experience and suggestions too.

http://www.larsdennert.com/rc/Manual...7_markedup.pdf

I have also started a menu tree of the Devo 7 which makes it easier to see where all the settings are and what the overall layout is. Additionally, I am marking up the Genius CP manual.

These are all located at
http://www.larsdennert.com/rc/
LarsDennert is offline Find More Posts by LarsDennert
Last edited by LarsDennert; Apr 18, 2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: More info
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:02 PM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Dec 2000
593 Posts
Re: Setup for the Walkera Ladybird QR Series - RX2634H-D Receiver - Devo 7 Transmitte

Tom,

First off, like some others, I would like to deeply thank you for your guide(s). They are especially useful to a rank newbie like myself. I have a QR Ladybird and Devo 7 already on order and have printed out your number 21 guide. My question is, is it at all preferable to set up for the Ladybird in the Helli mode or the Aero mode? Sort of does it fly better or is it more versatile in one way as opposed to the other.
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris
Last edited by bobandris; Apr 26, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
49 Posts
Tom, I really appreciated your help! I will try this setting when I got home tonight. Thanks again,
maxbreaker is offline Find More Posts by maxbreaker
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Hi!! First of all, thank you Tom Z for this guide! I found it very helpful

I just bought a Genius CP and I'm having some problems to do 3D. When I turn the heli upside down, the motor lose power and the heli falls slowly. The change of pitch loads the motor and it cant recovery again. What do you recomend me to do??
Im using this configuration in my DEVO 6, and the "servo extent" know in the RX is pointing at 3 o'clock.

Thank you very much!!
gerac is offline Find More Posts by gerac
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:55 PM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
Excellent work!
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Closed Thread