Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 08, 2001, 04:56 PM
Manchester NH
Joined Mar 2001
263 Posts
do they still sell the roswell flyer?

you guys know...that four engined thing that flew....i always wondered how they well they flew.
BeechSkipperDude is offline Find More Posts by BeechSkipperDude
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2001, 05:20 PM
Greenville, SC
Joined Nov 2000
148 Posts
I think it is now called the draganflyer. I don't have a web address though.

-Matt
afterburn27 is offline Find More Posts by afterburn27
Old May 08, 2001, 05:34 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
The Roswell flyer or Draganfly (same product) is a larger version of the Keyence Revolutor saucer, flies well. Easier to set up than a micro heli, but nothing like a micro or regular RC heli.

The thing that I often hear from owners of Roswells is that the thrill wears out quickly as it's not as challenging as an RC helicopter. I agree with this, but you never know until you actually try the product, and decide for yourself. This is with anything including MIA micro helis.

I have taken original Roswells and improved the frame for some people that wanted higher strength lower weight, easy assembly/disassembly for tranport and storage.

MIA micro heli modular block frame components lend themselves well as parts to use for making an inproved Roswell frame.

If there is more than just one person interested in obtaining a modular frame for the Roswell, let me know via Email and I will see if I can put together a Modular Upgrade Graphite Frame kit. I have the components, its just a matter of making the kits with some instructions.

Look through previous E-Zone posts on Roswell, flying saucer, for MIA's upgraded Roswell frame photos.

Mario www.micro-flight.com/newframe1.htm

[This message has been edited by Mario (edited 05-08-2001).]
Mario is offline Find More Posts by Mario
Old May 08, 2001, 05:48 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,545 Posts
I had two of the original Roswells and I would catagorize them as an expensive novelty. Out the box you will get around 3-4 minutes and the arms break very easily. After each quick fix with epoxy, the roswell will get heavier each time and performance will reduce. Its a really neat "thing" but it grows old fast. If you can find one dirt cheap and have the frame strenthened and also keep the flight times the same, it would be a worthwhile toy to hover indoors.Its very easy to hover but thats all you can really do. Keep it ona smooth surface and you have to have zero winds.My advice though is that if you want a helicopter, get a helicopter.

[This message has been edited by JIMJAM (edited 05-08-2001).]
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM
Old May 10, 2001, 12:22 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,401 Posts
Dragonflyer is from www.rctoys.com

They also sells the Keyence version.

can't believe how much those Rosewell flyers costs now. Didn't they used to be in the $300 range?
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280